Revan makes me want to quit this game

Prev1
Making a character almighty is never a good call, i can understand it with Traya....at least you need to work really hard to get her. But with Revan seems the only requirement is to invest money.
Whats the point of having like 50 G12 characters that cant even make a good run against Revan, i think you guys just go to far with this one. Updating Night Sisters (allways to make them worst) doesnt seems like a good call either....

Replies

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    He is beatable. Go use a zMaul lead. That doesn’t require money investment. :)
  • Revan can be beaten with Ewoks amongst several other teams - he’s far far from invincible.
  • Both of your suggestions require incredible investments in those setups. And ewoks...really...how many went all in g12+ full zetas. I wouldn't call that a feasible counter since no one runs them to begin with and short of that they would get murdered.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    He can be beaten by Traya and Nightsisters plus a ton of other teams, however keep this in mind people who invested in him, most likely also invested in gear and mods, to make him very godlike to those who don't invest as much in the game, but if you have 50 G12 toons, then you should have plenty of counters for him, go onto YouTube and such, there's a ton of videos showing how to beat him
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ns can definitely beat Revan. Also, ive seen vids of cls, jtr, obviously traya do the same.

He's still pretty good tho, but not an unpassable wall.
  • He's not unbeatable, there are bucket loads of direct counters. The issue you're having with him is the single minded attacking of traya. It can be worked around quite simply by changing teams. The issue is with the AI being programmed to specifically target traya. This is the first mechanic of its type in the game, that one toon directly targets another without mistake from the AI, which is what we are all conditioned to in arena.
  • Jeric wrote: »
    He is beatable. Go use a zMaul lead. That doesn’t require money investment. :)

doesnt that require traya? or am i seeing the wrong videos?

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Trust me, he’s much less invincible than you think. My guild leader dropped 50 spots the day he started running him.

I’m fact, I think he’s balancing arena. He beats Sith, but Sith beat a lot of other things. So if you run Revan, a lot of teams will beat you, but you can shove the Sith users out of the way.
  • You're also forgetting due to the rarity and exotic nature of him he'll be specifically targeted in arena
  • LJI wrote: »
    i can understand it with Traya....at least you need to work really hard to get her. .

What a joke .. First off, there is absolutely no work to get Traya, I know people who have Traya in their second account because they are allowed to have that account sit in an HSTR guild and finish dead last everytime. What work did that take?

Second, and I know people are sick of hearing this, but I planned on him coming, I saved all my arena crystals from the time that Mission, Z and T3 dropped as marquee toons. I decided to buy one T3 pack so that I could get Revan on day 2, and not have to sweat it out til the end.

I have full G12, triple zeta Revan, full G12 Jedi to go with and still drop from top 5 to high teens low 20's every day in arena. He's very beatable, just not by Traya lead, try using other teams. If you refuse to stop using Traya go Zaul lead. Try an NS team modded for potency with an MT lead. Arena changes every couple months. It will change again (maybe with droids, maybe with Darth Revan for Sith, maybe Jedi Luke for Rebels) and don't be surprised if FO or Resistance doesn't get a turn in the next year, Snoke or Sith Kylo could tilt the scales back to the darkside as well.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • As a player who has Revan I can confirm that he is in fact far from invincible in Arena. However he has definitely beefed up my Sith Raid teams
  • hey guys, so what exactly is effective against Revan with Jolee?
  • You obviously weren't around for CLS release. Revan is decent, but far from unbeatable.
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    You obviously weren't around for CLS release. Revan is decent, but far from unbeatable.
    oh Revan reminds me him very much
    Post edited by Enerdrizer on
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ztyle wrote: »
    He can be beaten by Traya and Nightsisters plus a ton of other teams, however keep this in mind people who invested in him, most likely also invested in gear and mods, to make him very godlike to those who don't invest as much in the game, but if you have 50 G12 toons, then you should have plenty of counters for him, go onto YouTube and such, there's a ton of videos showing how to beat him
    i have full g12 zzjtr zzr2d2 zbb8 trooper and holdo. i went against a "invested" team earlier today, he had half the speed of my mods on every char about, and 3 were g9 gmy 11 and revan g12 cant quite remember the zetas but, i had to try a second time, cause once they did get a turn they one shotted my trooper twice, maybe my fault not quite sure but. nwm that it take gmy 2 turns to kill my 100k+++ hp/prot holdo aswell. didnt even have jolee. revan was mind tricked all the time but, kinda **** when i never even get an ID before it's gg and yoda can 1 hit everyone in my team and they dont revive or have their death prevented. strong is one thing, but when one of the best teams in game get autoed by them. any decent team is not really possible, maybe if they have a bad composition, it can be beat then, but still painfully hard tbh. GMY does far too much dmg, with revan ontop of it with the GK assist instakill a squish. it's not great. i do have thrawn coming up next and GK, but the amount of carbs i need and stuns going to take me around 1-2 months. might aswell just save all the gear for a kotor team instead. then everyone in top 50 can be revan with a few NS teams here and there.
  • A lot of videos I’ve seen of revan counter squads are unrealistic as the revan squad they beat are badly modded. For example, getting Thrawn to go first isn’t realistic unless under a tarkin lead, but is shown in a lot of videos that don't show Tarkin leading. Or videos that show Nest getting marked when it was just RNG luck that Revan did that instead of someone else.

And I have been told that Ewoks are a joke counter to a properly modded Revan Team.

Sure there are options out there, but very few work reliably with Jolee added to the Revan team.

What this meta change has done is shut out most of the f2p players from the top 20 in arena.
    I am a highly dedicated f2p player and was around when Maul was meta, but by the time i could use him in arena the meta changed so he has no zeta and still only G10 geared.
    Same holds true for most of the f2p non-traya combos that can beat Revan.

And yes there are tonnes of players that don't have a single Traya shard, because they are loyal to the 30 players that are active in their guild and didn't jump to another guild, and unfortunately Heroic STR can't be beat yet with 30 active f2p players.

Sure in a few weeks, or maybe a month, I can gear up my paper zombie and add 2 zetas to my nightsisters, in the mean time falling 200x31 crystals behind the ones with Revan.

This is why (f2p) people feel it's time to quiet. Because their struggles keep putting them even farther behind then they were before the meta change(s).

Heck, I was just getting a reliable Traya counter team working when the Revan meta hit. I am sure the same thing will happen when I finally get a Counter for Revan!
  • I am ftp and i'm quitting after this tb ends lol. Not because of revan per se, but because of how cold they seem to be to their playerbase lately.

Too much greed, compensations not meeting expectations, paygating characters, time sink, lack of punctuality to do things. These are some of the reasons why i'm quitting.

Oh well, maybe they'll lose nothing if another ftp is leaving the game. Or will they? ;D
  • i am also now locked out of top 20-10, still managed down to 5 and under 10 but as their roosters are improved i dont see it happening. but i feel i spent just as much resources and definately more time to achieve my goal, wich ive worked a long time to achieve. only sub optimal or weak revan teams is doable for JTR and she already had some very hard counters aswell.
  • IMHO, there are 3 things wrong with Revan:

1) He is a Jedi. As such, the teams around him are garbage (because Jedi have always been poor offensive teams). Because of that, CG had to basically make Revan's kit include almost everything to even make a Jedi team even close to viable - and at higher levels, it's barely viable.

2) At high gear/mod levels, he's basically a cheese/timeout team. You put a strong Revan team against a strong Traya team both at g12+ levels on launch shards with strong 6* mods, you will time out an unacceptable amount of the time unless you are playing on an emulator or a really good phone.

3) CG/EA over-hyped and underdelivered. He's not that great, nor is he that fun. He's just another Jedi lead who makes Jedi almost viable - basically Bastila 2.0.

Sure, lately there are a lot of reasons to quit the game. Revan might be the straw the breaks some backs, but part of the issue is that he's just straw.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    IMHO, there are 3 things wrong with Revan:

1) He is a Jedi. As such, the teams around him are garbage (because Jedi have always been poor offensive teams). Because of that, CG had to basically make Revan's kit include almost everything to even make a Jedi team even close to viable - and at higher levels, it's barely viable.

2) At high gear/mod levels, he's basically a cheese/timeout team. You put a strong Revan team against a strong Traya team both at g12+ levels on launch shards with strong 6* mods, you will time out an unacceptable amount of the time unless you are playing on an emulator or a really good phone.

3) CG/EA over-hyped and underdelivered. He's not that great, nor is he that fun. He's just another Jedi lead who makes Jedi almost viable - basically Bastila 2.0.

Sure, lately there are a lot of reasons to quit the game. Revan might be the straw the breaks some backs, but part of the issue is that he's just straw.

This. For me, he was the straw that closed my wallet. But he's far from unbeatable.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I remember when Poggle was considered OP because he had.. *GASP* 10k of power! Revan is just a glimpse at what is coming. I'm waiting for our heroes to do millions of points of damage instead of thousands. Happened in HoDA (another cg mobile game) it'll happen here.
  • I remember when Poggle was considered OP because he had.. *GASP* 10k of power! Revan is just a glimpse at what is coming. I'm waiting for our heroes to do millions of points of damage instead of thousands. Happened in HoDA (another cg mobile game) it'll happen here.

Oh man, I thought Palpatine had completely broken the game when I saw he could possibly stun your entire team :lol:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TSWPandaman
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ewoks, a joke counter ? I disagree. I handle revan teams every day to climb to top 20, and unless they have WAY BETTER mods than my paploo ( +132 spd, and not yet g12+, so he's only about 310 speed yet), like a +145 set or +150 speed set, i just kill all of them folks. BUT if revan plays before paploo, we're dead. It''s all about the mods of one toon.

Which is the sad thing about ewoks - if you go first you win against everything but trayas, if you don't, you just lose.
  • Ewoks, a joke counter ? I disagree. I handle revan teams every day to climb to top 20, and unless they have WAY BETTER mods than my paploo ( +132 spd, and not yet g12+, so he's only about 310 speed yet), like a +145 set or +150 speed set, i just kill all of them folks. BUT if revan plays before paploo, we're dead. It''s all about the mods of one toon.

Which is the sad thing about ewoks - if you go first you win against everything but trayas, if you don't, you just lose.

Pretty much everyone beats Revan.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    IMHO, there are 3 things wrong with Revan:

1) He is a Jedi. As such, the teams around him are garbage (because Jedi have always been poor offensive teams).

I take it you took some time off from the game lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @TSWPandaman

Is the issue that Paploo has base speed of 120 but Revan 160 and 30-40 more due to his abilities and Jedi around him.

So,
    PaplooSpeed*1.25(no Taunt) > (PS + 40) + 4(Revan speed set advantage) + (30-40)

PS/4 > (84)
    PS > 336 speed for Ewoks to outspeed an equivalently modded Revan? Which would require +217 speed from gear and mods on Paploo!

Btw, "I" didn't say it was a Joke counter (someone else did ;) ), but I can see that the Ewoks would need BETTER MODs then Revan, not the other way around, unless I am missing something with Ewoks.
  • TSWPandaman
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Paploo has a passive of +25% speed and it adds up with mods

Edit : when i say it adds up, it really means that it adds up. It's not simply +25% base speed !
    For example, mine is at 240 (with mods). He's at 300 speed currently off taunt.

Edit 2 : Ho, and i didn't quote anyone, but i guess i should have quoted the one that said ewoks are a joke counter !
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    lol... if I only gave their name ;)

But my calc does assume the 25% effects his character sheet posted, modded speed.

If enemy Revan had the same mods as your Papaloo his character sheet speed would be 284, and 324 in an all Jedi team including Jolee & Bastilla.

Basically what I am saying is Ewoks have a speed disadvantage wrt Revan, and thus need better mods then Revan to be able to outspeed him.
  • .. First off, there is absolutely no work to get Traya, I know people who have Traya in their second account because they are allowed to have that account sit in an HSTR guild and finish dead last everytime. What work did that take?

......Well, u need to be in a HSTR guild; You need to have an extra team to log in, Your guild must be ok with you making no damage at all, and you get 5 Traya cristals...so you need to do that 65 times. Seems like a work to me.