Difficulty of Ewok Event

Prev13
Why does it seem like CG is intent on making this event more difficult each time it comes up? I have Zveers, Starck, Snowtrooper, Death Trooper, and Shore Trooper, all but one of which are G12 and all have very good mods yet in the bonus stage I cannot dent tier 8...

If you’re honestly going to make wave 8 Impossible now that’s ridiculous... having passed this stage before. Thanks CG, what a crapshoot of an event... in any case the reward is two omegas 🤦🏻‍♂️ How pathetic...

Replies

• I beat this event with either zPalp lead sith team or a all droid team. Both of those teams can auto beat this event and my droids aren't that great. This event isn't that hard just stop using troopers
  • Zeuschild35
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    HK-47 lead, IG-88, IG-86, BB-8 and R2D2. Super easy with this lineup.
  • Troopers don't really work in the Mythic tier because there is so much daze going on, it neuters Veers' zeta.

My go to team is zVader, Thrawn, Shore, Veers, Deathtrooper. Make sure they don't have foresight, use Vader's AoE, survive long enough for the damage over time to kill them. Keep the taunter fractured too.
  • If it wasn’t clear before, I’ll say it again. I’ve used imperial troopers and passed this event before. I’ve also tried Vader and Palpatine lead, and they failed.

What I do not understand is why CG is making these events more and more difficult without saying it outright, and not making the rewards match the effort needed. 2 omegas for clearing an already long event, and requiring a really well built up squad? Even back when I cleared it first and got 2 zeta mats it still wasn’t worth it.
  • Droids are much better on mythic... bb8 is just invincible.
    Made it with different combinations, all under HK lead with ig88, bb8 and r2, it doesn’t really matter which you put the last I tried Chopper, K2SO, T3. Love t3 though with his mass dispel...
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2319 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m not asking for advice for this event, least of which telling me I need to farm a team that has little use (Considering I’ve already passed this event before many times...)

This post is wondering why CG is ramping up the difficulty of events like this without any form of communication with players, and not bothering to increase the already terrible rewards... if you honestly think 2 omegas is worth the time and effort needed to clear all 8 stages in the mythic tier, you’re nuts.
  • This post is wondering why CG is ramping up the difficulty of events like this without any form of communication with players, and not bothering to increase the already terrible rewards... if you honestly think 2 omegas is worth the time and effort needed to clear all 8 stages in the mythic tier, you’re nuts.

They're not. Just because you're finding the RNG different today doesn't mean the event has been made harder. I haven't noticed any increase in difficulty.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • i recently geared L3 so I wanted to try to do it with droids even though I usually use empire...my HK47 is gear 5 lol.
    I've never been able to auto it before. Hk gear 5, IG 88 gear 8, r2/bb8/L3 gear 12....super easy auto. Even HK didn't die.
  • I don't think this event has got any harder, maybe you're just having bad RNG? Wave 8 has always been tricky even with a good team!

I did it first time today autoing 1-3 then doing 4 manually and then autoing 5-7 before doing level 8 manually (just to put fracture on the annoying ewok on the left).

Also re rewards, I don't think two Omegas is that bad reward-wise, obviously more stuff would be better, but once you have a g12 empire/droid team its pretty straightforward to do.
  • I’m not asking for advice for this event, least of which telling me I need to farm a team that has little use (Considering I’ve already passed this event before many times...)

This post is wondering why CG is ramping up the difficulty of events like this without any form of communication with players, and not bothering to increase the already terrible rewards... if you honestly think 2 omegas is worth the time and effort needed to clear all 8 stages in the mythic tier, you’re nuts.

Ehhhrrrr 5 minutes, ok, ok 10 minutes is too much? I really wish it was zetas, but omegas is ok.
    And no, difficulty hasn’t changed sines the mythic was introduced. Do not see any difference at all...
  • You all certainly cannot say for a fact that the difficulty between stage 7 and 8 is absolutely stupid? I’m honestly surprised a lot of people think 2 omegas is worth the effort. The least of which is if you fail 8, it takes more time to go back through the previous 7 stages. And that’s assuming you’re rng lucky and pass it...

I find it very difficult to believe this event hasn’t had its difficulty turned up, considering what I’ve already previously stated... (I.e. I’ve used my team to pass through before, now it can’t make a dent)
  • I don't think it has ever changed. I've used the same squad for a few month now and I clear all Tiers in auto.
    EPzz, DVz, GATz, GMTz, TP. It's not even the best squad for this but it works. Droids are even better/faster at clearing it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I’m not asking for advice for this event, least of which telling me I need to farm a team that has little use (Considering I’ve already passed this event before many times...)

This post is wondering why CG is ramping up the difficulty of events like this without any form of communication with players,

I'm quite sure, that they didn't change the difficulty. I did it with Thrawn thrown in the trooper mix and it works as it always did.

• They didn't make it harder. You are just using a team setup which isnt good for the mythic tier so you're more rng dependent.
  • I auto it with zEP. The fact you've lucked out before in completing it and not this time doesn't mean they've changed the difficulty.
    You all certainly cannot say for a fact that the difficulty between stage 7 and 8 is absolutely stupid? I’m honestly surprised a lot of people think 2 omegas is worth the effort. The least of which is if you fail 8, it takes more time to go back through the previous 7 stages. And that’s assuming you’re rng lucky and pass it...

I find it very difficult to believe this event hasn’t had its difficulty turned up, considering what I’ve already previously stated... (I.e. I’ve used my team to pass through before, now it can’t make a dent)

• Palpyz vader thrawn bb8 r2, easy
  • The difficulty doesn’t change each month it’s just the rng.

These events are annoying that you spend a lot more time in these events. But once you beat it you usually know the ideal squad to use.

And 2 omegas is perfect- either too low to waste your time or hey 2 omegas I’ll do that!

I usually use zader lead palp shore Thrawn and tarkin. This time I swapped tarkin and bb8.
  • You all certainly cannot say for a fact that the difficulty between stage 7 and 8 is absolutely stupid? I’m honestly surprised a lot of people think 2 omegas is worth the effort. The least of which is if you fail 8, it takes more time to go back through the previous 7 stages. And that’s assuming you’re rng lucky and pass it...

Stage 8 is difficult, particularly for assist-reliant teams like troopers due to the daze logray can apply.

I used to use Troopers + Thrawn, with the old play stage 4 manually and jump in near end of stage 7 strategy. But, as you are finding, the dice still won’t always roll your way with that setup.

HK47, BB8, R2, Chopper and IG88 cleared it on auto last time and this time as well.
  • You need Thrawn in the lead for his cleanse. I use Thrawn, zVeers, zStarck, Shore and DT.

The battle takes like 12-15 min but it works.
  • IMHO, 2 omegas are not really worth the effort to do the tier.
  • Considering to earn one Omega each week in an Omega Battle I just have to use Force Crush once on the final tier, yeah I'd say the rewards do NOT equal the investment required.
  • I found it same easy as always, with zvader palp thrawn shore snow.
    Snow isnt necessary, I just love the massive dmg of that char.
  • I’m not asking for advice for this event, least of which telling me I need to farm a team that has little use (Considering I’ve already passed this event before many times...)

i bet this post is wondering why you got lucky last time to beat this with troopers
    or maybe about what you did to your mods
    nothing has changed
    and yes 2 omegas is worth 7 waves of auto battleing with an occasinally fracture in wave 4
    picking the wrong team doesnt make your post right
  • This hasn't changed in difficulty. I auto all but the mythic tier with troopers. For mythic I use EP, Vader, Thrawn, DT, and BB8 and put it on auto. Troopers just don't do well in mythic.
  • Palp lead with Vader, Tarkin, R2 and Thrawn beats mythic about 50% of the time. Beat it first try today. All depends on how much TM you start the last wave with.