MODS 2.0 ugh!

Prev1
CG,

Your outward intentions of MODs 2.0 was 1) eliminate speed as the primary necessity and 2) make less used kits more valuable.

But in doing so you have made speed even more important. And not only that have monitized our efforts to try and get speed. The chances are just awful. Some folks are getting crazy good speed turns and others not so much. This is making it extremely difficult.

I feel like i have a solid green Grey or blue hell even purple or gold mod with 8-12 speed and proceed to upgrade it. The fact is if you speed on a mod doesn't go into the 20s it's useless. So i spend slicing material only to watch a potentially great mod turn to utter garbage. We need options to re-roll stats. Discarding it to oblivion because it's stuck at 8-12 speed after spending huge resources on slicing material sucks to no end.

To top it off it seems that mod challenges give absolute garbage mods now.

What gives?

Replies

• I’ve simmed maybe 100-200 times since my last speed arrow or crit damage triangle
  • Beforehand you didn't even have the option. My speed/mods have gotten a million times better with slicing. I still buy mods/get mods from events only, but now I roll to see all the stats, then slice them up - a green used to only ever get to 10, so in your mind was never valuable. That one can be 20-25 speed now for free just by farming slicing materials... How is this a complaint?
  • I have been farming speed for ages. Even before mods 2.0... I do not have a single 5* mod that‘s above 16 speed (secondary) and I have masses...
    I actually feel a reroll tool would make arena more competitive while devaluing speed as anybody has access. But it is true... speed becomes ever more important which is exactly the opposite of what CG was trying to do. Either the other stats need even more boost OR get rid of speed itself
  • Yeah but that rng has always existed, even in mods 1.0. Sure you had a higher chance of getting +10 mods and +15 mods but +20 mods were nearly impossible. They are now becoming more common. I don't know if I agree with rerolling mod stats but it wouldn't hurt to use crystals or extra mod slicing material to increase the chances of a mod rolling a stat that you choose. Like lets say pay double the slicing mats and one selected stat has a 50% chance to increase and the other 3 have a 13.3% chance of increasing.
  • Theres lots of complaints here, but +1 to the core issue: CG said they wanted to decrease the popularity of speed, and yet, thats the only stat everyone thinks is best.
  • I have noticed that most times I get E mods, with an occasional green. If I get a blue, purple or gold, they are usually 3 or four dots, not 5. It seems like to chances to get triangles, arrows and crosses are much lower.
    I do not waste my gems on extra refreshes to get mods anymore because the payouts have been so bad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Theres lots of complaints here, but +1 to the core issue: CG said they wanted to decrease the popularity of speed, and yet, thats the only stat everyone thinks is best.

Just because we think that doesnt make it true. It will take a long time to overcome the farming we did. Nothing happens over night.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    I feel like i have a solid green Grey or blue hell even purple or gold mod with 8-12 speed and proceed to upgrade it. The fact is if you speed on a mod doesn't go into the 20s it's useless.

I don't have a single mod with over 20 speed on it. Guess every mod I have is useless.

Do people not understand that there are things to do in this game besides top 10 arena?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »

Just because we think that doesnt make it true. It will take a long time to overcome the farming we did. Nothing happens over night.

But, at least in terms of arena, it IS still true. He who goes first, wins. There's a few edge cases where speed isn't the best fit, but for the most part the goal is to be faster than the other guy.

Speed is still King.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    mostly just additional cashflow. been a while since i rolled something nice but no shortage on speed arrows atm for me. do miss some chd triangles tho :p it's a really high ceiling to roll anything better when most main team mods are around 15 +- and ontop get set's to match and all, is no easy task. slicing have been quite frustrating also. either bad rng or it have to be less chance to slice it :p as in theory 25% chance for each stat to increase. what i got dont reflect it for sure, lookin more like 10% maybe for me. 6 dot's are a bit frustrating also as, guild tokens is a nice additional and sorely needed gearflow, but not many mods worth it, and then also locked to g12, so useless for anything less.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    I feel like i have a solid green Grey or blue hell even purple or gold mod with 8-12 speed and proceed to upgrade it. The fact is if you speed on a mod doesn't go into the 20s it's useless.

I don't have a single mod with over 20 speed on it. Guess every mod I have is useless.

Do people not understand that there are things to do in this game besides top 10 arena?

I don't get people on this forum who assume dramatic outcomes. No i didn't realize there was more to this game than arena... Thanks for your insight.

And yea you not having 20 speed mods mean that the mods you have are useless.

Not to mention you just proved my point that 20 speed mods are very difficult to achieve for some and the fact that some have near 30 speed secondary mods means it's dramatically lobsided

I can't tell if you're trolling, incredibly whiny, or ten years old. I do fine in raids, territory battles - pretty much everywhere except arena. Are you contending that I would have the exact same results if I threw out all my mods?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• except if u are NS LOL... it seems one of the faction that get of with the least, that said the top ns teams got some absurd mods.
  • Speed will always be the best it's a turn based game think about it before you post
    Theres lots of complaints here, but +1 to the core issue: CG said they wanted to decrease the popularity of speed, and yet, thats the only stat everyone thinks is best.

Ppl are still farming speed mods, so your point about past farming is invalid.
    And yes changes can happen overnight, it just takes more to make it happen.

But more importantly, it doesnt matter what is best objectively. What matters is what people think.
    If the majority of the players think speed is still the best, then CG failed their goal of trying to create diversity.

Nonsense. Who goes first wins. It wasn't just the mod changes, but also the nerfing of tanks (giving everyone and their brother a clear, or clears, or mass clears) that has made speed the most important stat by far. You can't let someone else go first because you don't have a character that can soak up the damage that first turn caused, either in terms of real damage or some other catastrophic buff or debuff.

I don't remember any specific nerf. Also, when you say whoever goes first wins (btw it should be whomever goes first), does that mean whomever has the fastest raid Han can never lose?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

But, at least in terms of arena, it IS still true. He who goes first, wins. There's a few edge cases where speed isn't the best fit, but for the most part the goal is to be faster than the other guy.

Speed is still King.

I am not the fastest on my shard in any meta since droids were a thing. I make it to the top 5 no every day.

speed rules, but who goes first doesn't always win.
  • @icanectc

Poster was referring to how every other character they release now can cleanse taunt off of enemies or just ignore it all together. If you were a bit slower you could hide behind a really strong tank. For example, with Revan that's a completely useless strategy now. Heck even OB+GK: Revan will make EVERYONE on his team ignore that combo.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Are you not choosing a mod with a more favourable primary, secondary or mod set over more raw speed more often than you did before?
  • Boov wrote: »
    Are you not choosing a mod with a more favourable primary, secondary or mod set over more raw speed more often than you did before?

I disagree with the OP that speed has become more important. Speed is still king, and I think they need to continue to find ways to balance it, but mods 2.0 is a step in the right direction.

I’m kind of paying the price right now because my strategy for farming mods in the past was to seek out gold mods with speed secondaries regardless of set or primary stat. I ignored those green and blue mods that would give +10 speed. I didn’t farm mods in cantina by set. For a while I had the best speed mods, because I gave myself more rolls for those +20 speed secondaries and had a few of them. But they are all mismatched. Now everyone else is upgrading those +10-15 speed sets they made and ending up with better mods than me, because mine are so mismatched.

While I’m annoyed at how the mod changes hurt me personally, I do believe this is a better way of doing it.