I thought they were all wiped out...

IE4TAPPL3S
482 posts Member
edited October 2018
I thought all of the characters from launch who were never updated or given a faction pass (cough cough jedi) had no use. I was wrong. Aayla Secura is a nuisance to enemy teams under a Revan lead. Does the best Revan team include her? I'm not sure, but it's close. The AI seems to always target traya with marked so Aayla's stuns can't be cleansed. On top of that she gets increased critical chance under Revan so she can stun more, her counter attacks hit harder, and she recovers protection when she counter attacks. Do you guys think the best jedi team includes her?

Replies

• Options
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    I thought all of the characters from launch who were never updated or given a faction pass (cough cough jedi) had no use. I was wrong. Aayla Secura is a nuisance to enemy teams under a Revan lead. Does the best Revan team include her? I'm not sure, but it's close. The AI seems to always target traya with marked so Aayla's stuns can't be cleansed. On top of that she gets increased critical chance under Revan so she can stun more, her counter attacks hit harder, and she recovers protection when she counter attacks. Do you guys think the best jedi team includes her?

It's almost like what the sith need is crit hit immunity.
  • Options
    Ahnald already made a video about it. I wasn't too impressed. Interesting theory crafting though.
  • Options
    She's certainly underrated, but "best jedi team" does seem like a stretch.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Don't forget the assist with an additional 50% damage. If she calls Ezra he'll possibly go twice. If she calls Yoda he can one-hit most attackers.

Or, Ezra uses Watch and Learn: Aayla attacks, Ezra attacks twice, then Aayla's attack triggers an assist call to Ezra again. He attacks twice more with +50%.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Don't forget the assist with an additional 50% damage. If she calls Ezra he'll possibly go twice. If she calls Yoda he can one-hit most attackers.

Or, Ezra uses Watch and Learn: Aayla attacks, Ezra attacks twice, then Aayla's attack triggers an assist call to Ezra again. He attacks twice more with +50%.
    Mmmm, I do like assists. >:)
  • Options
    Oh and her stun is tied to her unique so she can stun on a basic, a counter, or her healing special.
  • Options
    Oh and her stun is tied to her unique so she can stun on a basic, a counter, or her healing special.
    I like stuns too. Hmmmm. >:)
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I like stuns too. Hmmmm. >:)

If you get good AI chance with her basic she can call Yoda to assist and Yoda already deals about 40000 dmg on basic with all the Bastilla buffs. Add the 35% out of turn increased dmg from Revan lead with 50% from Aayla that almost doubles that. Plus there's other stats from a revan lead besides that. He'd one hit most characters. If you get jackpot probabilitys for the assist on her basic and stuns, then she's out of question the best choice for a fifth jedi. But then on the other hand, you can get have a crappy match where you barely get any stuns or assists. My point is, if your lucky, she can single-handedly win you a match on defense if you have good luck.
  • Options
    More and more servers are getting flooded with revans....like mine. Its 90% mirror fights now, traya is more or less dead. Aayla be useless since she wont be landing stuns in that scenerio of mirror fights.
  • Options
    Ayalas power is..

It is 4th stun on the team
    It is tied tocritical hit not potency
  • Options
    Ayalas power is..

It is 4th stun on the team
    It is tied tocritical hit not potency

While a crit is the trigger for the stun, the stun will still need to pass the ten check.
  • Options
    Aayla can be great or really bad. Calling OB to assist instead of GMY is really lame.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Calling Hermit is even worse :) Same issue with QGJ's assist,but both are still among the best of the original Jedi, not that it's a high bar to hurdle. Aalya could use a zeta on her unique through: 100% counter chance, stun can't be resisted. QGJ getting a buff to select the assist would also massively improve his usefulness.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    You don't rely on random assists any more than you rely on the RNG going your way in any other aspect of the game. They are bonus damage will sometimes give you an advantage. :)
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Calling Hermit is even worse :) Same issue with QGJ's assist,but both are still among the best of the original Jedi, not that it's a high bar to hurdle. Aalya could use a zeta on her unique through: 100% counter chance, stun can't be resisted. QGJ getting a buff to select the assist would also massively improve his usefulness.

I always felt that QGJ's biggest weakness was his complete lack of health steal. Maybe he has some now, idk.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

I always felt that QGJ's biggest weakness was his complete lack of health steal. Maybe he has some now, idk.

Yeah, QGJ pretty much requires a healer on the team. At least there several decent Jedi healers.

The multitool at g12 gives him 5%, but that doesn't do much as his damage is pretty low. I've got him at g12 +1 (wristband) with an offense set and +36% cd triangle and his best unmodified crit damage is 15k (2nd special) which would only give him 750 health back. Normal damage is closer to 6-8k, which is a negligible 300-400 health (on 17k max health).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Lobot rolls his eyes

Mob Enforcer cries laughing. :joy:

@Iy4oy4s ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »