Interesting counters to Revan

Was brainstorming possible counters to Revan today that I haven't seen anyone post about and I have a couple of really good options. If any of you guys have some inventive counters to the Revan meta, post below cause I'd love to see them to! My favorite thing about this game is theory crafting and finding ways to beat stuff. Yes I'd like to get Revan and I'm working on getting him, but that doesn't mean I won't be working to beat the other Revan teams I face. =)

So here goes:
Team #1

Lead: Boba Fett (zeta'd)
Bossk (zeta'd)
Barris (zeta'd)
Greedo (zeta'd)
Dengar (zeta'd)

Bounty hunters are modded for potency and gain a huge amount of max health. I've run this team and the weakest of the bounter hunters end up healing for 14-15K on a crit. Bossk/Dengar will heal for 20-23k. What does Revan's lead give Jedi? Crit chance........so.....Zarris is back and better than ever in a Boba Fett lead team. GK teams used to do well with Zarris but his lead only gave 60% max health to Jedi/clones. Bounty hunters can easily gain more than 150% max health and thus have more HP to gain when being critted. Yoda and Ezra hit hard, but do the rest of the jedi hit hard? not more than the BH's will heal for. BH's will survive the hits and Boba will counter another aspect of Revan, that being Revan's ability to revive people (and Jolee's ability as well i might add). Boba Fett's execute ability does lots of damage to people who have lots of buffs and Yoda usually has lots of them over his head and shares them with everyone else. So lots of targets to execute! Boba Fett takes them out and they can't be revived. This is a fast way of taking out someone permanetly and much faster than Nihilus's Annihilate special ability. What if Revan focuses everyones attacks on Zarris? If you mod Zarris to have a lot of hp she'll survive just fine. Yoda and Ezra are the only ones going to do a decent amount of damage. Everyone called in on the attack does 50% less damage, so they are critting but doing less damage. Thus Zarris just heals to full and the attack really means nothing.

Team#2

Lead: Bastilla
GMY
GK
Geonosian Spy
Sun Fac

Geonosians....really?! yes really! Have you looked at the Geo Spy's kit recently?

https://swgoh.gg/characters/geonosian-spy/

Upon looking at his kit, he seems to be a really good versus what you see on other peoples bastilla/revan teams. Revan starts everyone with Tenacity Up for 1 turn. ok......so now Geo Spy can kill them in one shot! Thanks for having a buff over your head thereby triggering the bonus damage from his special! Can Revan take out the Spy before he does it? No. Reason being is that the Spy starts the battle in stealth and will stay in stealth as long as he keeps scoring crits, so no first turn marking of the spy is possible against all jedi revan teams. Sun Fac is usefull because he counters and removes buffs and inflicts crit chance down while being hard to kill. Did you notice something about the Spy's kit that works with Sun Fac? Any time another geonosian inflicts a debuff, Geo spy gains 70% tm. So geo spy becomes just that much more deadly. Bastilla lead is there to do one particular thing..., give lots of buffs to Yoda who is turn shares them with the Spy to use up. Battle meditiation will spread a ton of positive effects on the Geo spy and most likely the opponent also has a bunch of status effects also. Actually the more the better! Doesn't matter to the spy. He does his special and nukes the target. 40% per status effect dispelled......that is a lot of damage! So much damage in fact that no one could really survive it all. GK is there to tank, give crit immunity, and call in mass assists. Yoda just does what Yoda does, do lots of damage and protect your team from debuffs.

Anyways, this is what I came up with as a cool way to counter Revan. What's your ideas?

Replies

• I love this concept. This is what a collection game should be about, logic and strategy, instead of spending 500 dollars to win.
  • Omg I'm going to start gearing Geonosians right now this is great
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • A video would say a thousands words.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    sounds good, but there's a slight flaw in that BH team- Execute does not bypass Savior. Doesn't seem like a dealbreaker, as the health pool + Zarris seems like the true strength

you didn't mention that spy's special does bonus damage based off of buffs on spy and the target, so it might be better to wait until both teams have their buffs circulated for that one-shot. Good thing foresight won't be a factor for targets
  • Geonosian spy killing character with one buff? It is old news, pal. Now he hits really bad, at least at my expression... Han/Chewie much better variant
  • HK666 wrote: »
    sounds good, but there's a slight flaw in that BH team- Execute does not bypass Savior. Doesn't seem like a dealbreaker, as the health pool + Zarris seems like the true strength

you didn't mention that spy's special does bonus damage based off of buffs on spy and the target, so it might be better to wait until both teams have their buffs circulated for that one-shot. Good thing foresight won't be a factor for targets

Are you sure execute doesn't bypass saviour? Jtr's heal immunity does, so i dont get why boba's shouldn't. Have you tried, or any solid proof?

@HK666 (sorry for the tag)
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Kiritoismyname
    now that i've tagged you back, we even

anyways, while I have not actually went against savior with both JTR and Execute myself, I have rather solid reasoning (imo, anyways)

Savior cleanses, and they just didn't put it an ability description yet. A dev has posted in one of the threads here about this, maybe I'll find it, maybe I wont. this cleanse happens before the heal

JTR's healing immunity is not dispelled, so it sticks through savior

Execute's healing immunity is dispelled, so it goes away and target is healed

edit- I didn't find the dev post itself, but this thread mentions it- https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185802/is-boba-execute-bugged-vs-revan#latest
  • Excellent, thank you very much.

What a bummer though. -,-
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Geonosian spy killing character with one buff? It is old news, pal. Now he hits really bad, at least at my expression... Han/Chewie much better variant

When you have the Geo Spy with Bastilla and Yoda, Yoda is usually the first to be targeted with Bastilla's Rally SA who then can spread all those 5 buffs he got from Bastilla with everyone else. Yoda who would have foresight at this point, now has 6 buffs to share plus his Protection up and Tenacity up buff as well. So Geo Spy would have 9 buffs total (remember stealth?) over his head by the time the Geo spy takes his turn. So now the special ability of the Geo spy will consume all the status effects he has (both positive and negative) and all the status effects the opponent has (both positive and negative). If they have a revan team and include bastilla and yoda, by this time all their team has lots of buffs over their heads. Yoda probably has 8 or so buffs. So when the Geo spy does his attack, he is increasing the damage of his Special attack by 680%! Even if they had only 1 buff (unlikely as Yoda usually spreads 3 buffs) the attack would do 400% more damage. So......is that better than a hit from Chewbacca and Han now? i think so. =)
  • HK666 wrote: »
    @Kiritoismyname

anyways, while I have not actually went against savior with both JTR and Execute myself, I have rather solid reasoning (imo, anyways)

Savior cleanses, and they just didn't put it an ability description yet. A dev has posted in one of the threads here about this, maybe I'll find it, maybe I wont. this cleanse happens before the heal

edit- I didn't find the dev post itself, but this thread mentions it- https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185802/is-boba-execute-bugged-vs-revan#latest

Wouldn't the Execute ability work like annihilate on Nihilus? If he target is defeated by the attack, they can't be revived. If the target isn't defeated, they get the heal immunity. The goal with the ability is to kill the target which when they have so many buffs over their heads makes Boba's damage go up quite a bit, making a kill very likely. Boba can also pick whoever he wants to kill also as long as he has his hunters resolve buff.
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Bahumat wrote: »
    Omg I'm going to start gearing Geonosians right now this is great

best thing is that after the Geo spy does his huge attack for massive damage, he will go back into stealth as long as he lands a crit. =)

with mods you can definitely accomplish giving Geo spy a ton of crit chance.

Geo spy is already good to gear up because his ship is amazing, so the fact he is good at countering the massive buff explosion we are seeing as well just adds to his value in the game. I know that I am working on gearing him up and using him in fleet arena and squad arena.
  • obikenobi1 wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »
    @Kiritoismyname

Wouldn't the Execute ability work like annihilate on Nihilus? If he target is defeated by the attack, they can't be revived. If the target isn't defeated, they get the heal immunity. The goal with the ability is to kill the target which when they have so many buffs over their heads makes Boba's damage go up quite a bit, making a kill very likely. Boba can also pick whoever he wants to kill also as long as he has his hunters resolve buff.

A revive isnt happening through saviour. Saviour just restores full prot+health. Its a heal of sorts. So no, execute fails since the heal immunity gets cleansed in boba's case.
  • obikenobi1 wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Geonosian spy killing character with one buff? It is old news, pal. Now he hits really bad, at least at my expression... Han/Chewie much better variant

When you have the Geo Spy with Bastilla and Yoda, Yoda is usually the first to be targeted with Bastilla's Rally SA who then can spread all those 5 buffs he got from Bastilla with everyone else. Yoda who would have foresight at this point, now has 6 buffs to share plus his Protection up and Tenacity up buff as well. So Geo Spy would have 9 buffs total (remember stealth?) over his head by the time the Geo spy takes his turn. So now the special ability of the Geo spy will consume all the status effects he has (both positive and negative) and all the status effects the opponent has (both positive and negative). If they have a revan team and include bastilla and yoda, by this time all their team has lots of buffs over their heads. Yoda probably has 8 or so buffs. So when the Geo spy does his attack, he is increasing the damage of his Special attack by 680%! Even if they had only 1 buff (unlikely as Yoda usually spreads 3 buffs) the attack would do 400% more damage. So......is that better than a hit from Chewbacca and Han now? i think so. =)

Just try, pal. It looks cool now, but you will get around 40-50k damage total. GMY probably will die, but it depends on mods... and Revan will Rez him anyway. At least mine was really bad at it.
    I really doubt GSpy has any use now. And it is so squishy...
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    obikenobi1 wrote: »

Just try, pal. It looks cool now, but you will get around 40-50k damage total. GMY probably will die, but it depends on mods... and Revan will Rez him anyway. At least mine was really bad at it.
    I really doubt GSpy has any use now. And it is so squishy...

I did some base math and at the maximum amount of damage going from the base damage of the ability, the 680% would mean the attack would do 46,478 damage. That's not counting a crit or any extra offense you might have on the character from mods. If you crit you would be doing 69,7171 damage. If you ran a crit damage triangle and crit damage set with a crit chance set, you'd be doing 100,392 damage. this goes up a little more if you have a 6E mod with the crit damage primary on the triangle. Even if they only had 1 buff and you had 9 buffs, that 400% would mean the base attack damage would be 27,340. On a regular crit, it'd do 41,010 dmg. On a crit chance/dmg set with crit dmg triangle, it'd do 59,054.

All of this is just from the base damage you see for the ability on swgoh.gg. If you add in things like offense gained from mods it changes the damage output even more. Yeah you do need to factor in the opponents defense, but come on....yoda isn't exactly high on defense (248 base armor) and neither is Revan (260 base armor). Both of them will die most likely to a huge hit. They'll revive sure, but at least you took them out in only one hit instead of wasting your whole team to take them out that one time and they revive and you do it all over again.
  • While we are trying off the wall ideas, what about zzBossk Boba Dengar Traya and DN. Revan will mark Traya 1st and then try for DN but that means BH will hit payout and go nuts.
  • What about Zinn Poe RT (Mass Dispel) and traya (to soak marked?)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Mass dispel?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So what do you think about Vader lead,can it counter Revan.Even when all jedi start with tenacity up,Vader aoe can remove 20% tm from all.If that happened Revan teams can be beaten I think.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mass dispel?

Meanwhile sion is a single target dispel. :V
  • The game is done. Why bother. Power creep became power leap. Buy the latest toon or fade away. No balance, pathetic game design, increased glitches, no oversight on the little things. Not one more penny from this player that has spend hundreds of $$$.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Agreed power creep Is ridiculous hate to see next pay to win character they release to counter Revan . Rock Paper Scissors is gone now there’s only Revan lol
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Should try those counters and see if they work and post a vid here showing it, so far the proven counters have vids (Ewoks, Nightsisters, EP leads, Zaul/nests ect.)

What actually works best against a Bast lead Revan Team?
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Should try those counters and see if they work and post a vid here showing it, so far the proven counters have vids (Ewoks, Nightsisters, EP leads, Zaul/nests ect.)

Ehhhrrr... Revan lead revan team?
  • Gorem wrote: »

Nightsisters and qi'ra lead scoundrels destroy bastilla lead comps on auto.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Ehhhrrr... Revan lead revan team?

Well I mean, if I had a Revan, then it wouldn't be an issue :p lol
    Gorem wrote: »

Nightsisters and qi'ra lead scoundrels destroy bastilla lead comps on auto.

Ok thanks, that's good to know :)
  • Zaul, nest, sion, nihilus, and palp. Or trays instead of palp if u have her
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited November 2018

@OP: I like that you're trying odd stuff! I'll begin farming GeoSpy, sounds like it could be fun.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    I’m beating the tough jolee squads now with Trayas Zion Dn Thrawn Ep now at 80 percent efficiency. Remodded Zion To 271 speed Dn in all health mods at 233 speed . It’s working against the 317 revan squads . It’s not 100 per but it’s decent enough I get top rank everyday .