Another ship that gets to sit indefinitely?

MJS
102 posts Member
Sith bomber, looks cool, too bad my marauder is sitting at 3 stars and gear 1. What else could it be since we have to farm 2 cantina characters for Revan? Another ship that's added to my collection that's going to stay at 3 stars with a 3 star pilot, that's been the case for most things that we get in the game for the past year!

Don't you see the need to start using the stores again? Is anyone going to choose to farm marauder instead of T3 or Mission? We have so many stores that aren't being used, how much would it hurt if you added marauder in one of them?

We aren't asking for unreasonable things, some characters are just not single node material and don't deserve to be there. The resources and time that must be devoted isn't worth the investment and yet what's the point of adding a character if nobody gets to play them?

Come on folks, there are so many ways to make money in this game, milking marauder isn't one of them, I don't know who makes the decisions for farming locations, but they really must hate F2P and dolphins.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    SiM was farmable for a while before t3 and vao came out.

while it's hard to predict who exactly gets a ship and who doesn't, it's not unreasonable to expect SiT and SiM to get one as Sass got one

also, older players are supposed to use the stores for shard shop. I doubt enough players have enough surplus shard shop currency and surplus of the gear it releases for a change to be needed. But hey, I could be wrong
  • HK666 wrote: »
    SiM was farmable for a while before t3 and vao came out.

while it's hard to predict who exactly gets a ship and who doesn't, it's not unreasonable to expect SiT and SiM to get one as Sass got one

also, older players are supposed to use the stores for shard shop. I doubt enough players have enough surplus shard shop currency and surplus of the gear it releases for a change to be needed. But hey, I could be wrong

I’m a fairly old-ish player and I support a change in shops, especially for those toons that nobody will ever need (I’m looking at you CUP). They could easily shuffle the GW and Arena shops and put them on a rotating inventory like the Guild Store with more choices. I’m not asking for the best toons, but some help beyond one hard/fleet node would be nice.
  • Yeah I don't see the point of adding all this content really. I guess new players might find some use for these new ships (provided they have the pilot) as they might be able to field characters and ships which aren't 7 starred. Of the new ships added I've only obtained more shards for Lando's falcon as I farmed that node as I thought the Solo toons might be needed for something, and then I got some through the ship event as well.
    I don't exactly see when I'll prioritise farming e.g. the sith fighter as I simply can't defend using such a scarce energy on it. I still need to finish the OR farm for when Revan comes around again, I'd still like to finish Sion. Then there's the convenient double drop of Lando and his falcon, and I still haven't 7 starred Boba's ship as it seems to drop once a month in the shop and surely I'm going to farm that over the sith fighter as I actually have Boba geared.

You can put forth the exact same argument for why it'll be a while before I even consider farming sith marauder (and his ship, depending on where it ends up). All cantina energy is going to Mission and T3-M4 and after that I might want to get the double drop of KRU and his ship.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yeah, killing the stores was probably the worst thing to happen for the long-term health of the game. New units are pointless when the majority of players never get to farm them. And restricting new ships to a single hard node is especially bad, considering how desperately ships need some diversity...
  • They have a fleet store, surely ships should be added to this?!?
    I'd be happy with that, even after a month or 2 on a single hard node, at least you'd be able to 7* it while it still has worth.
    And yes, the GW, arena and Cantina stores need to be rotated, possibly have lesser needed gear added (G1 to G7 stuff) anything to add some lasting value to them.
  • Let’s not forget without more capital ships these new ships aren’t even relevant for Territory Wars. But they’ll undoubtedly be in platoons.
  • I agree.

They can keep A team characters on hard or cantina nodes but older characters that have less use now, or B and C team characters should get easier farming locations.

A great example is Baze. He's a single hard farm but is really only useful in two battles of tb. No need for him to be that hard to farm. It made since when he came out but his time in the meta is long gone.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Nauros wrote: »
    Yeah, killing the stores was probably the worst thing to happen for the long-term health of the game. New units are pointless when the majority of players never get to farm them. And restricting new ships to a single hard node is especially bad, considering how desperately ships need some diversity...

Dont forget old units cant beat new units which is where we are at now. Ships sucks worse than at any other point in this game and it started with hounds tooth garbage....

People made a choice farm ships and pilots so they can be good there.... lots of whales ignored ships farmed nothing... then garbage 2.0 comes and still whales dont care bam god ship drops marquee and “wow they say i can just buy this ship after ignoring ships for over a year and become unbeatable”

They farmed nothing grinded nothing dis nothing for 1.5 years cause they did not like ships.... CG just lets em buy first and NOW FOREVER to hold the top.

So my suggestion is if your happy with your capital ship dont even bother farming a ship from the store just farm the marquees or buy next god ship and you can be a winner in life too. !!!

HT cleanse needs to be switched to special ship ruined ships but they wont and your not allowed to say why
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Dont forget old units cant beat new units which is where we are at now. Ships sucks worse than at any other point in this game and it started with hounds tooth garbage....

People made a choice farm ships and pilots so they can be good there.... lots of whales ignored ships farmed nothing... then garbage 2.0 comes and still whales dont care bam god ship drops marquee and “wow they say i can just buy this ship after ignoring ships for over a year and become unbeatable”

They farmed nothing grinded nothing dis nothing for 1.5 years cause they did not like ships.... CG just lets em buy first and NOW FOREVER to hold the top.

So my suggestion is if your happy with your capital ship dont even bother farming a ship from the store just farm the marquees or buy next god ship and you can be a winner in life too. !!!

HT cleanse needs to be switched to special ship ruined ships but they wont and your not allowed to say why

Ht isn't that hard to get around. Vader can dispel the protection up. Tf can dispel and put ability block. Fives dispels on his basic if you get tl. I run vader, tf, and a 3 star ht inmy starting lineup (I'm not a whale so just 3 stars). I run fives in reserve because he has good tl synergy. So there's 3 ships that can easily counter it ftp. There are probably more but I only worry about the ones I use.

It isn't op, just a hard counter to bugs. Against non-bug teams, it's a good tank but not much more so than biggs deoending on your comp.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    terrible toons, meh ships afaict
    Maybe End Game isn't for you