How to decide what mods to upgrade?

Hi guys

I was wondering how you guys decide what mods to spent currency upgrading?

I am currently running speed mods challenges all day trying to get as many good mods as possible, but I find it hard to decide what mods to upgrade further than their initial state.

I am choosing only 5 dot mods, but what about the secondary stats? should I only upgrade mods that have +speed secondaries available at level 1?

What do you guys do?

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Grey- toss up, I usually sell for extra currency as they only earn base secondaries with no upgrades until sliced. The slicing material is better used on a green mod. Diamonds, circles and squares will fall in buckets. Sell away,however; always keep +speed primary arrows, and LOCK them as soon as you earn one. I also keep crosses with potency, offense, tenacity, as well as Crit Chance/Crit Damage triangles.

Green - upgrade to level 9 to see if you roll +speed on any of the four secondaries. If you did, go to level 12. If it hits on speed, fantastic, if it hits on a character specific stat you need (offense for attacker, potency, +protection etc) almost as good. Level that mod to 15 and use it. Slice only mods that upgrade twice (2) on speed.

Blue - upgrade to level 6 to see if you roll +speed on remaining two secondaries if it wasn't there to start. If no speed, sell the mod unless it has great stats you might need for a "B" or "C" team. If it shows speed go to 9 & hope for an increase to speed. If not, that's ok, go to 12. If it didn't hit there you still have a +3-6 speed mod that is ok for a low-use toon. Don't slice. If you hit (2) or (3) on speed then absolutely slice it to purple.

Purple - I tend to keep most purples unless they have absolutely garbage secondaries. Might have one of the first 3 secondaries as speed, if not; increase to 3. If you get +speed keep upgrading. Ideally you'll strike a (4) upgrade on speed, which is pretty rare. But I have plenty of purple mods that have several (2) stats and +8-10 speed. Decent mods but I won't slice. Only slice if it's (3) or (4) on speed. Not worth the larger investment of slicing material for less than that.

I've followed this pattern since Mods 2.0 was introduced and it's worked great. This mod started as a +8 speed green Defence diamond:
    95su4m5z9p6t.png
  • Options
    Really good sensible mod guide which has given me much food for thought. You should work for the developers!
  • hardvig
    73 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Grey- toss up, I usually sell for extra currency as they only earn base secondaries with no upgrades until sliced. The slicing material is better used on a green mod. Diamonds, circles and squares will fall in buckets. Sell away,however; always keep +speed primary arrows, and LOCK them as soon as you earn one. I also keep crosses with potency, offense, tenacity, as well as Crit Chance/Crit Damage triangles.

Green - upgrade to level 9 to see if you roll +speed on any of the four secondaries. If you did, go to level 12. If it hits on speed, fantastic, if it hits on a character specific stat you need (offense for attacker, potency, +protection etc) almost as good. Level that mod to 15 and use it. Slice only mods that upgrade twice (2) on speed.

Blue - upgrade to level 6 to see if you roll +speed on remaining two secondaries if it wasn't there to start. If no speed, sell the mod unless it has great stats you might need for a "B" or "C" team. If it shows speed go to 9 & hope for an increase to speed. If not, that's ok, go to 12. If it didn't hit there you still have a +3-6 speed mod that is ok for a low-use toon. Don't slice. If you hit (2) or (3) on speed then absolutely slice it to purple.

Purple - I tend to keep most purples unless they have absolutely garbage secondaries. Might have one of the first 3 secondaries as speed, if not; increase to 3. If you get +speed keep upgrading. Ideally you'll strike a (4) upgrade on speed, which is pretty rare. But I have plenty of purple mods that have several (2) stats and +8-10 speed. Decent mods but I won't slice. Only slice if it's (3) or (4) on speed. Not worth the larger investment of slicing material for less than that.

I've followed this pattern since Mods 2.0 was introduced and it's worked great. This mod started as a +8 speed green Defence diamond:
    95su4m5z9p6t.png

When you ask a question on the forums this is exactly the kind of post you wish for!

Thank you good sir!
  • Options
    Glad I could help.