Start Yoda, Old Ben or Anakin in Arena?

FranzYolo
10 posts Member
edited March 2016
Hey Everyone, I've been stuck around 50 rank. Lowest I've been is 26th. I feel like my 5* Yoda is holding me back.

My arena squad is 7*QGJ(lead), 7* Lumi, 6* Sid, 5* Dooku, 5* Yoda. All gear 8

In reserve I have 5* Anakin gear 8 and 4* Old Ben gear 8.

Would you start either of these guys over Yoda?

Any criticism would be appreciated

Replies

• If you want a "truly" meta team, we need to examine what your turn order and goals are. IMO you have a few options:
    Swap Yoda for OB
    This makes you seen squishier(lower power) however it ensures you a very strong turn two and a slightly stronger turn one (on O) since you can hold off Limis heal due to OBs mind trick lock.

Swap Sid for OB. Sid is nice, but actually a bit of a liability in the no healer top teams. The problem here is twofold: Sid is one of your scarier power guys, and one of your higher starred toons. But really, when have you let a heal land and thought "oh noes!" in the last week?

Your 5* Yoda is definitely holding you back on D. He's a known squishy character, and at 5 star is a 1shot by most dps (Rey, FOTP, QGJ, GS).

Also, on most shards, the top 50 or so are able to beat each other down, don't expect to avoid slippage unless you invest heavily or can break into the top ten.

Oh, and a 5* anakin is more of s target than 4* Ben IMO. I'd also consider leaving your scariest setup:
    QGJ, Dooku, Sid, Lumi, OB as your defense, regardless of what you have to use to get there.
  • Thank you for the tips. I will try that setup.
  • I personally prefer Yoda over sid on O due to using battle med to win the lightning game. However his AI on D is so hit or miss that it's probably safer to leave Sid (also Sid is more capable of scaring off healer teams or sometimes rnging then down with heal block).
  • I do too. Sid's RNG is nuts.