How hard should GW be?

Greg1920
1777 posts Member
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO DISCUSS ANY CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH GALAXY WARS

The goal of this thread is trying to get an idea of what people would feel is a fair challenge in terms of level of enemy and frequency of reaching various milestones. Battle 6, Battle 9.

My personal thought is a 50% completion rate on average should be the target amoung FTP and around 80% for PTP.

In terms of difficulty I would say no battles over 10 levels above you.

no back to back battles with enemies more than 7 levels above you.

I'm interested to here others thoughts as I think half of the issue is people expectation of it being easy.

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    My personal thought is a 50% completion rate on average should be the target amoung FTP and around 80% for PTP.

In terms of difficulty I would say no battles over 10 levels above you.

no back to back battles with enemies more than 7 levels above you.
    Those are good expectations.
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I'm interested to here others thoughts as I think half of the issue is people expectation of it being easy.

This is the main problem.
  • I think it should have a more even spread of the credits and shards if it was around 50% completion rate. I'd argue that players create a lot of the challenge in GW, but most people don't consider how others will deal with the squad (and those who do usually do so in a mean way).

The problem is, if you have a low success rate(which I don't know how you'd accomplish) it starts to strangle itself due to the brutality of the teams required for the last few nodes (which then are brutal for the next players). This spirals until only top tier arena teams survive nodes 11 and 12 or only players with two to three decent teams.
  • there is alot more to it than just a straight no more than 10 levels above you as there is a major difference between levels, gear, ability etc.

I have a solid team, 22 k power all around level 64 ability 5, gear level 8 and am getting crushed right now in node 4 of GW.

Facing all purple gear, all ability 6-7, all level 70

Sid
    Phasma
    Savage
    Darth
    Lumi

I am right now getting hit 9 times in a row after my 2 fastest guys go, 3 aoe's and am walking about with a minimum of 5 red squares over my players heads.

my next 3 attack then I am picked off 1 at a time on the opposing teams next go around.

So I am able to get 5 attacks...to opposing teams 14...and I am done.

There is a big difference in power/speed/crit/everything with just 1 or 2 higher ability mats, or a gear level 9 instead of 10 and between level 63 and 70
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    The phasma with tanks is the most difficult to fight. I think that's a fair battle for you to face a few times. I'm slightly ahead of you but enjoy the challenge of these phasma led tanks.

You have to kill phasma with your speed guys before she slows your team.