New Player - just a few quick questions

2Next

Replies

• Denzello wrote: »
    yeah meanwhile Im 44 and got the phoenix together...but still, it kinda bothers me that theres nothing else to do or accomplish once everything is done and on a timer....I want to keep on playing and grind lol...@Devs please put something in there for sub lvl 60s to do, usually im done with everything after 1 or 2 hours....

anyway, by now I read most of the guides and threads, thx everyone for your help and input, really appreciate it

You can play indefinitely as long as you keep spending crystals for refreshes. Not simming will make it take longer, but not accomplish more. It's not just a low level problem. I've been 85 for a while and if there's not a lot going on in events I can run thru the day's content in about 20 minutes tops.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • You can play indefinitely as long as you keep spending crystals for refreshes. Not simming will make it take longer, but not accomplish more. It's not just a low level problem. I've been 85 for a while and if there's not a lot going on in events I can run thru the day's content in about 20 minutes tops.

its going abit offtopic now, but basically the "golden rule" for every gaming company is: keep the players busy and keep them ingame, that way its more likely they will spend money.
    guess EA is just aiming for newcomers and low lvls who spend a quick buck and leave after a month or two.
    which is sad, because the game is good, and I wish the devs would listen to the community and the loyal long time players...
    ah well, gonna take my money elsewhere and just stick to those 1 or 2 hours a day playing

• Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Denzello wrote: »

its going abit offtopic now, but basically the "golden rule" for every gaming company is: keep the players busy and keep them ingame, that way its more likely they will spend money.
    guess EA is just aiming for newcomers and low lvls who spend a quick buck and leave after a month or two.
    which is sad, because the game is good, and I wish the devs would listen to the community and the loyal long time players...
    ah well, gonna take my money elsewhere and just stick to those 1 or 2 hours a day playing

It's a bit of a tricky scenario for the devs -

Allow simming and everyone gets thru content too quickly and complains there's nothing to do.
    Disallow simming and everyone complains that it takes too long to slog thru repetitive events every day.

I actually prefer the first, as 1) it allows you to clear content quickly if you don't have a lot of free time for the game and 2) also tends to encourage impulsive crystal use since if you DO have time you're sitting there, a few shards away from whatever, and have no energy. Refresh time!
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Allow simming and everyone gets thru content too quickly and complains there's nothing to do.
    Disallow simming and everyone complains that it takes too long to slog thru repetitive events every day.

oh I dont mind the timers, but maybe add 1 or 2 more pure grinding modes that dont have timers and give minor rewards like ally points and/or minimal xp gain or smth...."battle for planets" for example, with a ranking system (like SA), where you fight your way through the star wars universe planets and reach different planets after each "stage"...just a thought, to keep the achiever type of players constantly busy... whenever were bored during the day.
    Allow simming and everyone gets thru content too quickly and complains there's nothing to do.

oh I dont mind the timers, but maybe add 1 or 2 more pure grinding modes that dont have timers and give minor rewards like ally points and/or minimal xp gain or smth...."battle for planets" for example, with a ranking system (like SA), where you fight your way through the star wars universe planets and reach different planets after each "stage"...just a thought, to keep the achiever type of players constantly busy... whenever were bored during the day.

I'm end game and still spend plenty of time in game. I'm glad I can sim the repetitive content.

The two arenas take up the most time climbing close enough to your payout to get a good score. Depending on how far you drop it can take a refresh or two to get up the ranks. Though I only suggest refreshes there if it will net you more crystals than are spent.

And you can also spend more time trying to get higher in raids. Pit is autiable in 10 min but haat takes a good 45min to an hour if you want a top 5 finish in a competitive guild. And hstr you can use your entire roster to get as high as possible. I personally only use 5 teams most raids to get top 5 but if I'm close to another rank, even b and c teams add up if you spend the time.

I'm not sure how high you need to be to unlock arena and guilds, it's been too long ago. But if you soend your crystals on refreshes, you can level up fairly quickly.
  • Denzello
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure how high you need to be to unlock arena and guilds, it's been too long ago. But if you soend your crystals on refreshes, you can level up fairly quickly.

thats the point, I would totally spend time and money to lvl up, but I fear that there will be nothing else to do after 1h of playing at <85....which is sad because I like the app....
    ah well, gonna go back to console games and check back every now and then to see if the devs actually put something worth invensting into the game.
    thx everyone for your time and input to this topic, Im sure some folks will appreciate your help when they google search for swgoh
  • Denzello
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I didnt want to open another thread, so Ill just ask in here...
    now that I reached lv 53 with PS being 5star, Im facing lvl 76 opponents already at stage 4 of galactic war?! is that normal or a bug? otherwise that is pretty unfair if all I can get is only 100 war tokens a day....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Denzello wrote: »
    I didnt want to open another thread, so Ill just ask in here...
    now that I reached lv 53 with PS being 5star, Im facing lvl 76 opponents already at stage 4 of galactic war?! is that normal or a bug? otherwise that is pretty unfair if all I can get is only 100 war tokens a day....

Not unusual. Prepare for a challenging GW until you reach lvl 85 and the dufficulty caps. You will still be able to complete GW most days, but don't expect it to be all days.

thats the point, I would totally spend time and money to lvl up, but I fear that there will be nothing else to do after 1h of playing at <85....which is sad because I like the app....
    ah well, gonna go back to console games and check back every now and then to see if the devs actually put something worth invensting into the game.
    thx everyone for your time and input to this topic, Im sure some folks will appreciate your help when they google search for swgoh

The game doesn't end at level 85. You'll still have challenges. I've been level 85 for over a year and still have farming goals.
  • Only pheonix I farmed (early on)where eraz and kanan which help early on rest of Phoenix toons r useless in competitive aspects like arena GW. With that being said Phoenix was a secondary focus not my Arena team. If u make them ur primary focus (arena team) u will find ur self struggling to hit 500 in arena and when u unlock fleet u will struggle in that as well ( their ships r defense ships don’t do much damage). Early game Biggs is good u will need boba fett too for darkside and eventually ships. on top of eraz and kanan u will need a healer ilumi is good early on and u get from galactic war shards. Bastila is great for light side and jedi. Now Phoenix as secondary focus means after ur arena is farmed u work on them for ex after u farm lumi out of GW u work on zeb. After u farm eraz u work on Hera they both r found in cantina along with bigs. U need rebels for Ep ur fastest route without pheonix as arena team is Biggs eraz kanan Hera and zeb to get u 5* EP when event comes around. The progress of the game goes like this early u have jedi/ light side team then once teams of pheonix 7* start to show up (they can farm them faster) ur arena team will drop and u need to transition at that point to empire. I started top 200 could get into 100 if I use refreshes then dropped outside 200s once mid game hit(Phoenix7*) I transitioned to empire /dark side team from my jedi team shortly easily climbed from 500s where pheonix teams r (200-500) range all u c and got back under 200 with darkside team ep boba fett at time and eventually Vader tarkin etc. I’m in top 100 now where I stay. But no one that focus on Phoenix as arena squad will be competitive just depends on how u want to play can’t reach top if u do average (Phoenix)
  • Well, the only reason I farm PS is primarily to get Thrawn and Pal...had no real intension to keep on going with them...altho Im still confused...currently got all of my PS at 6star, and I need them to be 7 star to get Thrawn and Pal right?

thx 2smooth for the advice, working on empire team and biggs/teebo/rey/first order ST as "side projects" atm
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thrawn and EP both unlock at 5* using a team of 5* or more Phoenix/rebels. To take them both to 7* you will need a team of 7* Phoenix / rebels. I'd recommend to keep farming Phoenix to 7*. However, you don't need to gear them much for the events. G9 Ezra + Chopper, and g8 Kanan, Zeb and Hera will suffice if you move your best mods to them during Thrawn's event. Less is needed for EP's event, which is quite easy

Regarding Phoenix ships:
    They are not bad at all. Ghost can help with initial burst damage, if it calls a strong attacker to assist. Phantom has a great reinforcement ability. Later on, you will need both to unlock Thrawn's capital ship, the Chimaera, in another legendary event. And since some challenges require LS ships, you might as well farm both in f them.

Regarding 2smooth's advice:
    He/she recommended farming Luminara as a jedi healer. I'd suggest to postpone her and stick with JC, who also has a ship, which is great for mid—game and various challenges where LS ships are required.
    2smooth called most of the phoenix useless (apart from the two jedi). I disagree. They are needed for events, for missions in TB, Sabine does well in heroic STR and Chopper is ok in some teams.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Further advice:

Try completing both the health mod challenge and defense mod challenge at the highest tier, as soon as you can. When you do, better mods will become available to you in mod shipments.

Also make sure, that your scoundrels can manage the highesr tier of credit heist available to you. You will need those extra credits to develop your roster. (Boba Fett is great and also has other uses. Leave CW chewie at 4*. ST Han will be needed later. There are several good options for others later).

Good luck with everything :—)

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Aaaand.... you will unlock ships/fleet arena soon. Biggs, FOTP, Vader and Boba Fett have great ships — and are used in other game modes as well. If you farm Rey from her node with Millenium Falcon only, it will be most efficient use of energy to farm her. Tarkin and Ackbar are both great fleet commanders early on — possibly with a small advantage to Tarkin.