Heroic Raid Suggestion

I'm new to the forum, so I don't know if this has been addressed or not. There are a lot of topics. I'd like to make a suggestion about the heroic raids. This is about the only place you can get Han Solo or General Kenobi shards. However that's not easy when someone, such as in my guild, one shots the Heroic Pit Raid in around 11 minutes. I didn't even get to participate.

I know there's already a time delay that can be put on starting a raid, but I think there should be another filter as well. One that can allow people without Han/Kenobi at 7* into the raid earlier, and those that have 7* characters, get to go later. Aside from that I'm not concerned being #1 in a raid, I just want a chance to get the shards.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest way possible. if your guild is not more understanding about this situation and making at least some accommodations, there are many out there that work hard to keep things more even for all players.
  • Options
    Just be patient like the rest of us. It makes things easier if your guild always starts raids at the same time, for example my guild starts all heroic raids at 6pm pacific time. That way everyone knows when the raids will be and can plan accordingly.

Giving others a chance to go in early while holding other players back isn't really fair in my opinion and isn't in the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    My guild does hold raids at specific times. I cam in 11 minutes after the raid started. One player had 10mil+ damage, another had 20k, and that was it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Just be patient like the rest of us. It makes things easier if your guild always starts raids at the same time, for example my guild starts all heroic raids at 6pm pacific time. That way everyone knows when the raids will be and can plan accordingly.

Giving others a chance to go in early while holding other players back isn't really fair in my opinion and isn't in the spirit of the game.

just to clarify, our raids open at the same time every day, but to be fair (even on rancor) we do not post damage for 15 mins. this make sure everyone who wants to can get in and do damage, not just "join" pre launch.
  • Options
    Antaus wrote: »
    My guild does hold raids at specific times. I cam in 11 minutes after the raid started. One player had 10mil+ damage, another had 20k, and that was it.

You should atleast have tagged the raid, if there is a hold time there is no excuse to not tag.

As for instant closes, That’s a leadership thing, either the leader needs to grow up and take charge, or you need to find a guild that is actually decent and not run like trash
  • Options
    Antaus wrote: »

Is your guild doing the 24 join option? If not I'd ask if they could start using that option so you could at least join in with a zero post. That's how my guild does it, auto launch with a 24hr hold then ffa afterwords, granted everyone has solo and gk at 7*. We used to ask guys who already have 7* to hold back on damage so that others could get in on the better shard payouts. Now it's just hit at will and in my guild it works because it's not to highly competitive like I've heard in other guilds. Like having 20 to 30plus soloing the pit. We average around only 5 to 10 guys actually playing the pit and less than 20 doing the tank. If that is not an option they are open to I'd think about joining a more open and willing guild. Plenty of guilds out there that like to help the up and comers
  • Options
    But honestly, if they can't work out a time frame for the haves and have nots I'd think I'd just try to find a more flexible guild. Or if you like everything else about being in that guild like tb stars, tw wins etc. I'd just take the raids as free, no fuss, no muss rewards. Idk, I guess it all depends on your particular gameplay style. Good luck and game on!