PLEASE undo the changes to the Ally Points

Prev1
With the removal of the ally points from all the non-energy battles, it stops you from being able to buy the item in the Weekly Shipment that requires ally points. I buy 3 energy refreshes a day and have been staying about even with spending the points to buy the item when the store refreshes and having some left over for the next week. This week I wasn't able to buy it until 2 days after it reset. At this rate, I may not have enough to buy next week's item, but if I do, I will definitely miss the week after that. Please either undo the changes, or add back the ally point bonuses for completing the daily challenges, including the reward of 5,000 ally points for completing all of the daily challenges.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    From the plan they have been describing that is the point. They need the spending to be in the red. This is how they will reduce the hoards that some have saved up.
  • The game isn’t designed for us to be able to
    buy everything each week. We have to save and choose. The fact that everyone was able to always buy the ally point item underlines why they needed to make a change. If we are all given all the same stuff this isn’t a game anymore. The only thing that differentiates our rosters is choice (and playtime and $...)
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    The game isn’t designed for us to be able to
    buy everything each week. We have to save and choose. The fact that everyone was able to always buy the ally point item underlines why they needed to make a change. If we are all given all the same stuff this isn’t a game anymore. The only thing that differentiates our rosters is choice (and playtime and $...)

Lol. Now ally points are gamebreaking and needed a nerf? Thanks for this post, I needed to laugh hard today.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    evoluza wrote: »
    I wait for the moment, when they finally find a way to monetize ally points...
    After that everything can make them money and they are done. Full greed on board.

Yep almost like they are a business....

This change did that already, ally points only come from spending energy, energy is tied to crystals, crystals are linked to spending.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Weekly items aren't worth it tbh. 50k ally points in bronziums is more valuable to me than 10 mod salvages.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    From the plan they have been describing that is the point. They need the spending to be in the red. This is how they will reduce the hoards that some have saved up.

Ironically though this is probably going to do the opposite short term. They basically just told everyone they should start hoarding their ally points because they are going to become more valuable in the future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Ironically though this is probably going to do the opposite short term. They basically just told everyone they should start hoarding their ally points because they are going to become more valuable in the future.

True, but will power and gambling that they will make it worth it, will play against that plan.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Weekly items aren't worth it tbh. 50k ally points in bronziums is more valuable to me than 10 mod salvages.

This

And This. The items that can be purchased with ally points are far less valuable than the ally points themselves (10 mod salvage can be farmed in half a day, they aren't worth 5000 points let alone 50000). I'm hoarding ally points even harder now than I was before.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Until recently, I spent my ally points on bronziums. I've spent a couple of million this way. Now, I'm stockpiling ally points until I know exactly what other use for them will be introduced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boov wrote: »

This

And This. The items that can be purchased with ally points are far less valuable than the ally points themselves (10 mod salvage can be farmed in half a day, they aren't worth 5000 points let alone 50000). I'm hoarding ally points even harder now than I was before.

They did the same with shard shop currency and other store currency.

They put shards in there as the first step. Then they stepped it up with Phoenix toons for Thrawn. I can imagine that not many people held our through all that and if they had, I dont think the gear there now is worth not getting thrawn the first time around. But that's just me.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And that's why I'm not buying the ally point item now. 10 pieces of mod salvage for 50k imo aren't worth it, especially when it seems that the situation around ally points is finally moving.
  • The ally point change caused a change in my behavior, instead of saving up each week to by the item in the weekly store I'm cashing in on Bronzium cards. It has paid off enormously in shard shop currency so far, which means I'm collecting more gear than before.
  • Even if in your 50k ally points you get one full character card (which I definitely get every 50k regularly cashing them in), that's a mountain of valuable shard shop currency.

I've never once considered buying the weekly shipment item. Nowhere near worth it.

Lol. Now ally points are gamebreaking and needed a nerf? Thanks for this post, I needed to laugh hard today.

HA! No that is going too far, I never meant to come across that dramatic. We can have everything in this game in time. They are just adding a clock to this stuff. We need to choose what we want right away and what we are going to wait for. These games don't work unless the majority of the player base has incremental goals to shoot for.
  • I prefer to spend my Ally Points on Bronzium Packs. That's the area of the game I've been luckiest truth be told. I've pulled numerous 3&4* toons that are often already 7* so it's Shop money. I've counted at least 10, possibly more, toons who were 80's, another 7 who were 50's, can't count the 25 or 10's though, those typically happen on average for me once every 5-10k ally points spent.

I've probably gotten somewhere between 10-20k extra Shard shop Currency no exaggeration just from Bronzium packs. Based on that, I'll keep with my shard shop Currency. Makes gearing up go significantly faster and I can just spend 50 crystals for energy and get those 10 pieces of mod gear anyway.

Keep putting better stuff in shipments though, eventually you might pry my ally points away from me. The items for Ally Points have been trending towards less useless than it originally was.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Cmon now kyno.... if someone has 2 mil ally points at 50k per week minus what they earn for that week... the servers will have beenshut down for 3 years before their ally points would be depleted...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Cmon now kyno.... if someone has 2 mil ally points at 50k per week minus what they earn for that week... the servers will have beenshut down for 3 years before their ally points would be depleted...

@Dk_rek
    Boov wrote: »

This

They did the same with shard shop currency and other store currency.

They put shards in there as the first step. Then they stepped it up with Phoenix toons for Thrawn. I can imagine that not many people held our through all that and if they had, I dont think the gear there now is worth not getting thrawn the first time around. But that's just me.

This is just step one, they get the flow in the "right direction". Then they sweeten the pot, then once the market is "under control" they can do whatever they want.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    This is just step one, they get the flow in the "right direction". Then they sweeten the pot, then once the market is "under control" they can do whatever they want.

This. They will put an item everyone wants like mark V stun guns for 300k ally points each or golden eyes for 500k to deplete the stockpiles. It will be something to make the great majorities fools to pass up.

Then they will drop the honey pot once less than 1% of the population has under X amount of points. Have seen it time and again with Blizzard Entertainment.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    This really depends where you are in the game and how long you have been playing...

I have 2m ally points... approaching my 3rd year anniversary... not that i was saving them but wasnt worth wasting my time in bronziums... for shard currency as most long term players i have every char in gw/cantina/arena shop currency at 7* .. i can get 3k+ shard shop ccy every refresh if i wanted to

Ally points been a pointless ccy for too long.. it their fault considering how much they gave out during tournament's when we still had nothing to spend them on
  • Boohoo you don't get everything you want all the time
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    It is far more efficient to open Bronziums than to spend ally points on weekly stuff. About 4x the value on average.
  • Boov wrote: »

Totally. I used to save up a ton and then burn them all on Bronziums. 50k was my 0.

• Those garbage tournaments were why I started hording them in the first place, keeping them just in case they did something stupid like bring them back.

I bet they bring them back as replacements to Marquees. That'll be our punishment for moaning about Marquee fatigue.
  • Personally, I never understood why ally points were awarded in non-ally events. You only use an ally in energy content (ships excluded). So why award them outside of LS/DS/Cantina battles?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Personally, I never understood why ally points were awarded in non-ally events. You only use an ally in energy content (ships excluded). So why award them outside of LS/DS/Cantina battles?

When tournaments were running, they had a refresh cost in ally points. to help promote the game mode they increased the ally point payout on all locations and added non-ally locations too.
    Pulsipher wrote: »

HA! No that is going too far, I never meant to come across that dramatic. We can have everything in this game in time. They are just adding a clock to this stuff. We need to choose what we want right away and what we are going to wait for. These games don't work unless the majority of the player base has incremental goals to shoot for.

This is a bad argument. I have been playing since the beginning and I have spent more money on this game than I will ever admit, but I am still nowhere near running out of farms I need to do. Crippling ally points achieves nothing but I'll will. It is the same as having credit heist go from an average of 8.3 days to over 12 days. They just keep trying to limit resources, which will just frustrate those of us that have been here.

Everytime they have done something like this in the past it only strengthens my resolve to close my wallet and feel much better about my life choices. So I encourage this bad move.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    This is a resource management game. If you believe stock piling resources justify their removal youre wrong.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »

This is a bad argument. I have been playing since the beginning and I have spent more money on this game than I will ever admit, but I am still nowhere near running out of farms I need to do. Crippling ally points achieves nothing but I'll will. It is the same as having credit heist go from an average of 8.3 days to over 12 days. They just keep trying to limit resources, which will just frustrate those of us that have been here.

Everytime they have done something like this in the past it only strengthens my resolve to close my wallet and feel much better about my life choices. So I encourage this bad move.

We're still talking about ally points right? Those things many players haven't even bothered spending except for in tournaments.
    If anything it's going to get better, they just have to get most players to spend their stockpile first. How is that a bad thing? Granted, they could have done that by simply implementing multi pull bronziums prior to even mentioning ally points, let alone limiting the AP income, but i still refuse to see it as a bad thing untill we know more.
    Most likely we'll be able to get a better return on AP in the near/distant future, increasing the rate of progression. They could still screw it up though, but i'm cautiously positive about what's to come with AP.