One time zeta reset and refund?

pwnthenubs
55 posts Member
edited October 2018
Not sure if this is more of a wish list “thing” or whether CG might one day consider this option?

I don’t regret many of my zetas, so far, but a few are now starting to become irrelevant. My QGJ lead back in 2016/17 was useful for a short period, but both Revan and Bastilla are both better leads in today’s game. My GMY lead is also kind of wasted for pvp or pve content. There’s probably quite a few zetas that the community probs wishes they could “have back”!

I wouldn’t want a zeta buyback option as this would just mean people keep shifting zetas as the meta changes.

I’m wondering if CG would ever consider allowing us maybe once a year (eg May 4th) to reset and refund our zeta mats for selected toons, so that we might better use these to help in current content?

Replies

• Short and simple answer is no.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    You can still use QGJ zeta in TW, it's definitely annoying to face and if people underestimate it they are going to regret it. If they overcommit to it then you got what you needed. We have alot of Jedi in the game and only 5 are used for a squad. So let's say you go with Revan, Bastila, Ezra, GK and GM Yoda. You can still use QGJ, Old Ben, Anakin, Zarriss, Aayla as your second squad on defense
  • pwnthenubs wrote: »
    Not sure if this is more of a wish list “thing” or whether CG might one day consider this option?

I don’t regret many of my zetas, so far, but a few are now starting to become irrelevant. My QGJ lead back in 2016/17 was useful for a short period, but both Revan and Bastilla are both better leads in today’s game. My GMY lead is also kind of wasted for pvp or pve content. There’s probably quite a few zetas that the community probs wishes they could “have back”!

I wouldn’t want a zeta buyback option as this would just mean people keep shifting zetas as the meta changes.

I’m wondering if CG would ever consider allowing us maybe once a year (eg May 4th) to reset and refund our zeta mats for selected toons, so that we might better use these to help in current content?

I totally regret my Phasma Zeta. Seemed good at the time, It did make it easy to get BB8, but a massive waste as of now.

That being said, it'll never happen. Toons constantly become garbage as they release new ones - the games future relies on it.

Best you'll get a is pass on the toon you put a Zeta on - and QGJ for jedi is a distinct possibility as the faction (new toons aside) need it badly.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Short and simple answer is no.

but the answer is more of a maybe, but no not right now.

there is always hope.
  • So you have another TW great jedi squad leader, why regret it?
  • Hmm maybe if I said I Zeta Phasma or [insert other now useless zeta that was once good but is end game trash] then I would’ve got a different response?

QGJ is pretty useless in TW when you can run Revan, Jolee, GMY, Hoda, GK on defence and then Bastilla, OB, Ezra, QGJ and another Jedi/Visas on attack.

Zarriss is much better on other squads.

The idea of the thread was to seek the communities interest in a zeta refund. Yes it is a big ask of CG but it’s be a nice once QOL gesture that I’m sure many of you would like to free up unused zetas.
  • pwnthenubs wrote: »
    Hmm maybe if I said I Zeta Phasma or [insert other now useless zeta that was once good but is end game trash] then I would’ve got a different response?

QGJ is pretty useless in TW when you can run Revan, Jolee, GMY, Hoda, GK on defence and then Bastilla, OB, Ezra, QGJ and another Jedi/Visas on attack.

Zarriss is much better on other squads.

The idea of the thread was to seek the communities interest in a zeta refund. Yes it is a big ask of CG but it’s be a nice once QOL gesture that I’m sure many of you would like to free up unused zetas.

Putting it that way, I guess yes, I wouldn't mind it. I don't expect it, though.