revan is OP?

Replies

• Tbirds - If traya is in your top 10 then this means 2 things. 1, your Revan players are still working on better mods. or 2 the top 10 have their own little private chat room where they all agree to take it in turns having their pay out.

Or they're better players than you? There are a bunch of Revan teams on my shard, mine included, with excellent modding (and variations on the modding). None of us hold down 1st place overnight or anything -- people with traya teams are beating us (maybe not 100% of the time, but they are able to beat us) to move into place. Do I fall as far with Revan as I did with Traya? Generally not. But I still have to do battles to move up. They're just more fun than my Traya team was.
  • Boov wrote: »
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, you think the sole reign of traya ended prematurely and for me a true shake-up in arena couldn't happen fast enough because i was tired of seeying traya all the gosh darn time for months now. I do however wish it was chewy who shook thinks up instead of revan

I don't really see it as a shake up - though Chewie DID introduce CLS again.

EP ruled. Bastilla came along and flipped the tables. So Traya came along and re-invigorated Sith. Then Revan came along and boosted Jedi. It's really been a Sith/Jedi dichotomy for about 10 months now. At least with the zombie rework and Chewie you're getting a small break from those two.

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Boov wrote: »
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, you think the sole reign of traya ended prematurely and for me a true shake-up in arena couldn't happen fast enough because i was tired of seeying traya all the gosh darn time for months now. I do however wish it was chewy who shook thinks up instead of revan

EP ruled. Bastilla came along and flipped the tables. So Traya came along and re-invigorated Sith. Then Revan came along and boosted Jedi. It's really been a Sith/Jedi dichotomy for about 10 months now. At least with the zombie rework and Chewie you're getting a small break from those two.

What planet are you on where Bastila was pre-Traya Meta? It's been EP/Traya for the majority of my time playing the game since end of Dec 2017.

EP -> Traya -> Bastila -> Revan
  • Boov
    604 posts Member

That hasn't been my experience.
    EP->Traya-> Revan
    Traya was already dominant on my leaderboard when bastila was released and remained dominant when chewie was released. Obviously there still were other teams able to win on offense, like bastila and chewy, but the overwhelming majority of the top50, especially the top20, were traya teams. Revan changed that, atleast he did on my leaderboard. I haven't checked the swgoh.gg metareport for a while, but i assume most leaderboards were atleast 75% traya in the top ranks prior to the revan release.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

What planet are you on where Bastila was pre-Traya Meta? It's been EP/Traya for the majority of my time playing the game since end of Dec 2017.

The world of this game? Even when Traya was being unlocked, EP was the preferred lead because EP led Traya can roll Traya lead. Bastila wrecks EP leads -- it can beat Traya leads with some gimmicks (like running DN in the 5th spot), but Bastila coming available made Traya the preferred lead over EP.

• Vendi1983 wrote: »

I guess it depends on the age of your shard and the proportion of whales in that shard. For example, my arena shard has 3 trayas (all 5*). The first only appeared perhaps a month ago. I am sure that number will grow as more trayas become available.

After the EP/Vader rework, it was ALL EP. Yes, Traya was technically available before bastilla. But she wasn't really in the wild when Bastilla hit. Suddenly there were Jedi teams all over the top spots. EP teams that didn't adjust mods (or we already modded appropriately) struggled. Now, as Traya comes into more hands, she solves some of the Bastilla challenges. But then Revan appears and the pendulum swings the other way.

Yes, if you are in an older shard where people had Traya in play before Bastilla came out, things may have played out differently for you. But the point remains that it's really just been a Jedi/Sith thing for a while now.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    To clarify, when i said EP->Traya->Revan, i didn't specifically meant traya as lead. I consider an EP lead team with traya in it a Traya team.
  • We need GK zetas and a GK rework.
    We need;
    Revan to beat Traya offense and defense
    Traya to beat Droids offense and defense
    Droids to beat Revan offense and defense
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    We need GK zetas and a GK rework.

Nah he's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't understand how Traya's time was too short? She's been in my shard's top 20 since April, that's 6 months of 80% Traya teams in arena. She was, and still is, viable at 5* as there really is not that much difference between 5* and 7* in my experience. So OP, how long should a meta last? 6 months is not enough? You said several times that her time was short, but did not put a time frame on it?
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    To everyone complaining about how Revan is OP, he isn't... There are only 3 G9 Revans in the top 50 of my arena shard that's a little over 2 years old. The other G9 leads are........ Um........ Nevermind
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018

I guess it depends on the age of your shard and the proportion of whales in that shard. For example, my arena shard has 3 trayas (all 5*). The first only appeared perhaps a month ago. I am sure that number will grow as more trayas become available.

After the EP/Vader rework, it was ALL EP. Yes, Traya was technically available before bastilla. But she wasn't really in the wild when Bastilla hit. Suddenly there were Jedi teams all over the top spots. EP teams that didn't adjust mods (or we already modded appropriately) struggled. Now, as Traya comes into more hands, she solves some of the Bastilla challenges. But then Revan appears and the pendulum swings the other way.

Yes, if you are in an older shard where people had Traya in play before Bastilla came out, things may have played out differently for you. But the point remains that it's really just been a Jedi/Sith thing for a while now.

While I agree every shard is different. It's general consensus according to data/stats and the majority of shards that the Meta for the last two years have gone in this order - CLS (Rebels) -> JTR -> Palpatine (Sith) -> Traya (Sith).

On my Shard (and on all my friend's shards) Bastila teams never cracked the top 20, even in 30s they were rare. I would seriously argue if she ever made the Jedi meta, she made the Jedi "competitive" again as they were largely useless - but that doesn't mean Meta.

• Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Post edited by Variant_Shades on
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Post edited by Variant_Shades on
  • Scotty - Traya was the meta for a while, the problem was they made the HSR too hard, so for a large number of guilds they had to spend 3/5 months gearing up, which meant only the really strong guilds were clearing it. What happened with this is a top tier of players acquired Traya, while everyone in guilds say roughly with under 100 Million GP, they were still unable to clear, and perhaps are only just managing to-do so. So you have a larger separation of players with and without Traya. So while CG pondered this, they eventually started making tweaks and slowly we have seen the HSR raid get a bit easier, because CG naturally wanted half the gaming community to catch up and earn their shards, however right at the pinnacle of change Revan was dropped, so in my mind if they were planning a Revan Drop, they should have made Traya shards more available because since Revan her value as lessened along with her desirability because their is a new mother goose in town.

The only point I am trying to make is a timing one. CG flag ship raid is the HSR, the reward is Traya. You have say half of guilds in the entire SWGOH community at 100 MIL GP still only just managing to clear HSR, then you drop Revan. I question the timing, perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps the Revan drop was fantastic pay day for them, perhaps that's now financing the next set of developments. Perhaps those guilds still only just getting their HSR are not bothered about Revan and his impact VS the HSR reward character. I mean based on this thread their does not seem to be many people that bothered, and happy to embrace change whether it effects their time or not :)

Perhaps most people who read these forums are veterans, whales dolphins who would definitely have Traya and be in total support of new content not concern themselves to much about how it might impact players less fortunate and perhaps less dedicated then themselves.
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    It's less op than CLS but more than anyhing else during my playtime.
    Players without traya are doomed.
    Players with no g12 traya are not happy.

@Enerdrizer This just isn't true. A lot depends on when you started. If you've been playing for two years and you don't have Traya unlocked and didn't unlock Revan, than you probably haven't been competing at the top tier of arena anyway, so nothing has changed.

I have an account that is 13 months old, doesn't have Revan, isn't close to Traya, but can still beat both teams on the way to top 10. Admittedly, I can't beat top tier Revan and Traya squads without one or the other (running zEP / Sion / DN / Thrawn / Nest), but I would struggle against mirrors with these players because they have done such a good job acquiring and deploying mods.

TLDR; Really good players with Revan and/or Traya will remain difficult to beat and find their way up the boards. Average players who just bought Revan will still lose to better players even if they don't have an optimal comp to counter.
  • Don't forget that HSTR is still the only place to get the g12+ gear - which is arguably more important across all game modes than Traya is. So even a guild full of 7* Trayas is running HSTR for that gear. Same as guilds full of 7* GK and Han still run HPIT and HAAT for gear.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Agree Trystan, the g12 pieces are now arguably more desirable then traya.
  • Their is now talk of a possible GK zeta, so that should make revan teams even harder to beat.
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    Their is now talk of a possible GK zeta, so that should make revan teams even harder to beat.

There's lots of talk about all sorts of things.
  • TVF, what talk are you hearing that's relevant to this discussion?
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    People talk about all sorts of things here and elsewhere, it doesn't mean it will happen. GK zeta included.
  • GK, is the monthly login reward. His also a member of the republic faction which has just seen a design over haul for the appearance of the Clones. A good assumption would be that as its the 10 year anniversary for clones, that they could be getting a rework, along with that a possible zeta for GK as he has space for one on this unique. This is all speculation of course but it all fits in my mind. Care a place a bet?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    .... This is all speculation of course

His point exactly... But if you want to flip out over speculation, be my guest.

• @Enerdrizer This just isn't true. A lot depends on when you started. If you've been playing for two years and you don't have Traya unlocked and didn't unlock Revan, than you probably haven't been competing at the top tier of arena anyway, so nothing has changed.

I have an account that is 13 months old, doesn't have Revan, isn't close to Traya, but can still beat both teams on the way to top 10. Admittedly, I can't beat top tier Revan and Traya squads without one or the other (running zEP / Sion / DN / Thrawn / Nest), but I would struggle against mirrors with these players because they have done such a good job acquiring and deploying mods.

TLDR; Really good players with Revan and/or Traya will remain difficult to beat and find their way up the boards. Average players who just bought Revan will still lose to better players even if they don't have an optimal comp to counter.

Of course a lot depends on when you started. Newer players actually have worse situation in the arena. I guess on younger shards there are now teams that only other revans can defeat.

"so nothimg has changed." Apparently difficult in climbing has changed. For some it has become impossible to get top rank.

Okay, so you can beat weaker revans and trayas, but what really matters is beating the stronger ones and getting 2 or 3 times more crystals from the arena. If you have significantly worse mods then yes, you won't beat mirror. So you should look for another team to counter them. But in this case against Revan I doubt it will help... because he is op and there are no great options.
    Also if you will keep using your current team, then give some players time, they will change character.. gear them, put zeta and you will no longer able to defeat them.

I don't say Revan will help players with bad mods. But especially it strenghtens players with good mods.
  • Boov wrote: »

I am not flipping out. I am sure you have heard the term, speculate to accumulate. Well that's what players do, we speculate what might happen in a bid to best prepare for that event. if you don't speculate, then you cant prepare, if you cant prepare then your unprepared, if your unprepared, then your more likely to stress and flip as you put it. Besides this is a forum for discussion right? So maybe you need to redefine the nature of your association with this site, if your not prepared to engage in a little speculation :)
  • Furthermore given CG's love of stinging us with the unexpected like some tormenting big brother who gets his jolly's from teasing and watching his siblings squirm all we have is speculation, that's our only power of defence, we should be embracing and harnessing speculation to its fullest.
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I think it's silly to start complaining on General Kenobi Zeta rumors and speculation. There's also rumors that the Grevious re-work will turn him into the Meta Jedi Killer. I have a Jedi arena team, should I start complaining about that? The fact is the game is always changing and evolving. Unless your a whale willing to spend hundreds dollars, it's difficult to stay ahead of all these transitions all the time.

Personally I think it's a little rich for players that have Sith Arena teams to be complaining about Revan being overpowered. From Palpatine to Traya lead teams, you guys have been dominating the Meta for most of the entire year. At least 9 months, that's a pretty good reign. And it's not like Traya and the Sith are going out of style (Sith triumvirate is still probably the most powerful character combo in the game) - they're still going strong in the Meta now. It's just now they actually have competition. Before Revan, my shard's top 40 were all Traya's. Now It's almost an even mix between Traya's and Revan's. With some Darth Maul/Nest and one or two CLS/Chewie/Han.

Heaven's forbid there be some diversity in the Meta. :open_mouth:
  • Boov
    604 posts Member

I am not flipping out. I am sure you have heard the term, speculate to accumulate. Well that's what players do, we speculate what might happen in a bid to best prepare for that event. if you don't speculate, then you cant prepare, if you cant prepare then your unprepared, if your unprepared, then your more likely to stress and flip as you put it. Besides this is a forum for discussion right? So maybe you need to redefine the nature of your association with this site, if your not prepared to engage in a little speculation :)

So how prepared are you for when GK gets a zeta? Heck, how do you even prepare for when GK gets a zeta?
    I'm fine with speculating to be prepared, i do it all the time. However, preemtively complaining based on speculation is just silly to me.
  • Variant, I can make my peace about GK, as its only speculation. I was only trying to provoke thought and conversation around that before u quashed it.

Diversity is nice in arena. I can see what CG are doing which is making arena like a game of ring a ring of roses where you can kill the person to your right and u all take it in turns to fall down until its your turn again.

If Traya was a legendary / hero's journey, then I would agree her rein was long enough. I am merely pointing out that every single guild under 100 MIL GP are still struggling to obtain rewards for CG's flag ship raid. The reward for which is Traya, who is no longer meta.

How many guilds do you think are less then 100MIL in size. How many players do you think that encompasses? Use your brain to contemplate that for a moment. Ok now add to that everyone who's only just got traya to 5 star and gearing. Ok now add to that everyone with 6 Star traya and gearing, and now add to that everyone with 7 Star traya who does not have god mods. That's a BIG NUMBER!!! Lets call that the big X

Lets say, everyone with a 7 Star Traya with very good mods. Is somewhat ok in top 20 arena right now, give or take. We can call them the small Y

The BIG X's now facing Revans, at 7 STARS G12's - What reward worth is traya to those people now? having finished that 8 month slog for HSR?

I get it if this figure was MUCH MUCH lower then fine their is no conceivable argument and your right perhaps its time to move on.

BUT and its a BIGGG BUTTTT, The BIG X exist, and REVAN is a slap in the face to every single one of those players.

All I am saying is that its a shame for them, they were not considered at all in my humble opinion, and that's a big number of people to annoy arguably a bigger proportion of players then who have 7 star trayas and have Revan. You could argue its the largest wedge of players in the pie.

I am just bewildered that if you have a player base lets say of 100 million. You decide to implement a change which makes 1 million of the top players happy, and the 99 million pondering.....oh great so my new traya is worth sweet FA now! I am just curious to know as a business decision what that wise? or was that smart?

I don't know if it was or not personally as i don't work for CG in the finance department. I am just doing the math, here. Maybe the BIG X are all delighted I don't know? that's my only point, i'm merely just thinking were these people considered and that's a lot of people you can not deny its not.

aside from that, I welcome change, I love new things, I love new rewards, I love being rewarded for my time, and for that reward to have a lasting meaning. if that's compromised then I am not going to apologize for speaking my mind or voicing my opinion even if its right or wrong.