revan is OP?

Replies

• Options
    Smh. I think certain ppl are missing the point. Traya=months of time and effort if youre even lucky enough to be able to farm him, which most of us are not. Revan=instant top competitor if u have nothing better to spend your money on.

Now, i know certain ppl are still going to miss the point as it seems obvious from their comments that they must live in another universe where logic runs counter to this one, or they just speak another language. But in this universe, the above is the very essence of what it feels like to be **** on. After being frbasd. If u can decipher that abbreviation, then u must be a champion of wheel of fortune: vulgar edition. For those who cant, the second word is raw and the s stands for sandpaper.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Smh. I think certain ppl are missing the point. Traya=months of time and effort if youre even lucky enough to be able to farm him, which most of us are not. Revan=instant top competitor if u have nothing better to spend your money on.

Now, i know certain ppl are still going to miss the point as it seems obvious from their comments that they must live in another universe where logic runs counter to this one, or they just speak another language. But in this universe, the above is the very essence of what it feels like to be **** on. After being frbasd. If u can decipher that abbreviation, then u must be a champion of wheel of fortune: vulgar edition. For those who cant, the second word is raw and the s stands for sandpaper.

There's something wrong with your reading comprehension if you think people are missing the point. Just because people disagree doesn't mean they don't understand the point you're making.
    We get it, it sucks if you just unlocked, or have yet to unlock traya, but the arena will become very stale if ea/cg decides to wait with introducing a counter to traya untill everyone has unlocked her and has had time to enjoy her as the single best toon/team for arena. Do you understand that a stale arena also sucks, if you've had traya for months now, have only been battling other trayas for months now without the possibilty to field a better (all other teams performed worse in arena)? That's the reason why i'm glad they released revan. Traya has been the top dog for long enough and revan didnt exactly turn her into a scrub either.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t care what character/team I use, as long as I win the battle. I don’t care who it is. If I’m using a character, it’s because they help me win battles, not because I’m a big fan of theirs.

Many of my favorite Star Wars characters are useless in this game. Many characters I use in the game don’t matter to me outside of it. Revan? Who cares about him as a character—he wasn’t in a movie, and so he doesn’t matter to me. But if he helps me win an arena battle, I’ll use him anyway.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Do you understand that a stale arena also sucks, if you've had traya for months now, have only been battling other trayas for months now without the possibilty to field a better (all other teams performed worse in arena)? That's the reason why i'm glad they released revan. Traya has been the top dog for long enough and revan didnt exactly turn her into a scrub either.

Agree completely.

Like I said earlier, Traya is very unobtainale for the average player who comes to this game green.

• Options
    The guy here who says he has Revan yet is begging EA to nerf him.....makes me wonder why on earth would he want that? I mean I dropped over $300 dollars and I’m glad he can beat Traya consistently. The dark side meta had to end someday bro, it’s been meta since March.

It honestly sounds to me like you don’t understand how to play Revan. Maybe you are losing more mirror matches as Revan than you did as Traya. Or maybe I’m wrong and you don’t mind the most exspencive toon ever added to this game to be weak as wet noddles.

There’s something’s ill just never understand.
  • Options
    The guy here who says he has Revan yet is begging EA to nerf him.....makes me wonder why on earth would he want that? I mean I dropped over $300 dollars and I’m glad he can beat Traya consistently. The dark side meta had to end someday bro, it’s been meta since March.

It honestly sounds to me like you don’t understand how to play Revan. Maybe you are losing more mirror matches as Revan than you did as Traya. Or maybe I’m wrong and you don’t mind the most exspencive toon ever added to this game to be weak as wet noddles.

Lol maybe that person is objective
  • Options
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

Exactly, thankyou.
  • Options

I thought that too:...then I looked at a previous post by him complaining Revan goes down like a paper weight.

Revan getting smoked by CLS teams - what tha...

CountPookooCountPookoo
    October 19 in Arena and Character Strategy
    As the title says, what’s the deal with Revan not being able to handle the burst from CLS lead team even w/o Chewie??.

Current setup is JKR/Ezra/Bast/GMY/GK...full zetas..still gets blasted down by CLS..

He seems to go down like a paper weight even with full g12 - suggestions on making a decent Revan lead defensive team appreciated - thinking better to run him with OR - yes / no?

Then I looked at another post complaining about NS.

I’m sure I could find more but I’m not one to argue with people over the internet.

I use Revan/easily best Revan and Traya teams...and the few on my shard that still use Traya can beat Revan. So it’s not like he doesn’t have a counter.

Someone who is being object should speak facts and not unbiased opinions. To say Revan doesn’t have a counter isn’t a fact. I’ve seen CLS and Traya teams knock my team back...and I have a really fast team. Those 2 teams right there counter Revan. Just because every battle isn’t a 100% win doesn’t mean it’s not a counter.

The devs know what they are doing....people that complain about this team or that team...don’t know what they are doing....hence the reason for complaining.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    So what is the NS team makeup that beats a zeta Revan lead w zeta Jolee?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I thought that too:...then I looked at a previous post by him complaining Revan goes down like a paper weight.

Revan getting smoked by CLS teams - what tha...

CountPookooCountPookoo
    October 19 in Arena and Character Strategy
    As the title says, what’s the deal with Revan not being able to handle the burst from CLS lead team even w/o Chewie??.

Current setup is JKR/Ezra/Bast/GMY/GK...full zetas..still gets blasted down by CLS..

He seems to go down like a paper weight even with full g12 - suggestions on making a decent Revan lead defensive team appreciated - thinking better to run him with OR - yes / no?

Then I looked at another post complaining about NS.

I’m sure I could find more but I’m not one to argue with people over the internet.

I use Revan/easily best Revan and Traya teams...and the few on my shard that still use Traya can beat Revan. So it’s not like he doesn’t have a counter.

Someone who is being object should speak facts and not unbiased opinions. To say Revan doesn’t have a counter isn’t a fact. I’ve seen CLS and Traya teams knock my team back...and I have a really fast team. Those 2 teams right there counter Revan. Just because every battle isn’t a 100% win doesn’t mean it’s not a counter.

The devs know what they are doing....people that complain about this team or that team...don’t know what they are doing....hence the reason for complaining.

It boils down to semantics I guess. OP means overpowered, pure and simple. Not unbeatable. I think Revan is the OPest toon amongst other OP toons (which will become increasingly evident with new jedi releases imo).

The release of such OP toons are gradually leaving majority of our rosters in the dust. I think that's the main concern with releases.
  • Options
    Newer kits are becoming more complex with more interactions between other kits. Spreading unique buffs, "Prepared", the zombie rework. Each ability reads like a mini-novel.

Go back and look at many of the un-reworked original toons to see simple kits & characters that should be powerful or relevant but aren't. They're simply shelf decorations.

Rex is one of the few examples of an original toon that just happened to be great "out of the box" so to speak and still carries relevance today.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to read my previous posts. When he first came out I thought he was lacklustre b/c his dps is pretty crappy and Chewie set a pretty high bar in that regard. However, after working with him and mixing up teams to include what is arguably the current meta for Revan, my opinion of Revan is that he is indeed the most OP toon currently in the game. If anything my changing view of Revan only further demonstrates my objectivity on this matter ie: my views are flexible based on tangible evidence / fact.

Just bc a particular Traya team can beat a particular Revan team does not form the basis to conclude that “So it’s not like he doesn’t have a counter”. Ceteris paribus, Revan is the counter to Traya and never the other way around.
    No_Try wrote: »
    The release of such OP toons are gradually leaving majority of our rosters in the dust. I think that's the main concern with releases.

Exactly.

I like diversity in arena, sure zEP was an easy F2P team, but apart from NS, zzEP didn’t make arena ezy mode, CLS still held ok vs zzEP as did certain Rex teams and other hybrid variants that incorporated mechanics that zzEP was vulnerable to. Some of these variants could beat an equally modded zzEP team on auto especially after mods 2.0.

The same cannot be said for the Revan meta that is currently playing out.
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to read my previous posts. When he first came out I thought he was lacklustre b/c his dps is pretty crappy and Chewie set a pretty high bar in that regard. However, after working with him and mixing up teams to include what is arguably the current meta for Revan, my opinion of Revan is that he is indeed the most OP toon currently in the game. If anything my changing view of Revan only further demonstrates my objectivity on this matter ie: my views are flexible based on tangible evidence / fact.

This is a matter of your opinion. No one here is really objective, we all have our opinions and our biases. Raven is not a plug-and-play character, you can’t just slot him into any team roster. He only synergizes with the Jedi, so I don’t consider him overpowered - I agree he’s by far the strongest Jedi character in the game – because he has to be. The Jedi roster is rather lackluster, they simply don’t have the same diversity in potential as the sith roster brings. There’s a reason the Jedi haven’t been in the Meta for the last 2 years. GMY is good, because he actually got a rework. Bastila made the Jedi competitive again, but they were never Meta considering Traya was in full swing by that time.
    Just bc a particular Traya team can beat a particular Revan team does not form the basis to conclude that “So it’s not like he doesn’t have a counter”. Ceteris paribus, Revan is the counter to Traya and never the other way around.

Traya teams can still beat Raven, Darth Maul/Nest teams can beat Raven. Heck, even Ewok teams can beat Raven. Raven was brought into the game to diversify the Meta, and that’s exactly what he’s doing.
    I like diversity in arena, sure zEP was an easy F2P team, but apart from NS, zzEP didn’t make arena ezy mode, CLS still held ok vs zzEP as did certain Rex teams and other hybrid variants that incorporated mechanics that zzEP was vulnerable to. Some of these variants could beat an equally modded zzEP team on auto especially after mods 2.0.
    The same cannot be said for the Revan meta that is currently playing out.

I actually preferred the Meta before Traya was introduced. I thought it was far more diverse and competitive. Unfortunately the entire Meta became Traya, Traya and more Traya since March. How long did you guys think this was going to last?

Before Revan, the top 40 on my shard were all Traya all the time. Now it's actually a 50/50 mix between Raven and Traya with some Darth Maul/Nest and CLS/Chewie/Han mixed in. And Data/stats are barring this out on most other shards as well. Raven was needed, it's either that or the Sith Triumverite needed to get nerfed. Because in my opinion the Sith Triumveriate still is probably the most powerful combo in this game today, and they're still very strong in the Meta now- there's just no longer the #1 monopoly dominating force anymore.

Whether people like to admit it or not, Raven was needed and the arena is in a healthier place than it was before.

• Options
    I use Revan in arena and yes he has helped my rank tremendously. However despite all of the work I have put into my Jedi team I still have times where I lose to Traya teams and I get my keister handed to me by Nightsisters and rarely by rebels. Revan is NOT a super OP beat everything character. He is simply a huge boost that Jedi needed to make them relevant. I remember before Bastila was released and before GMY got reworked that people complained how disappointing the Jedi faction was as a whole. Revan and Bastila have given Jedi their 15 minutes of fame as the Sith Triumvirate has done for Sith. Given more time I bet Rebels will be brought back into the spotlight when Jedi Luke releases and then FO/Resistance will get their spotlight when Episode 9 releases next year. Just enjoy the game and have fun with the Clone Wars content this month
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

This is a matter of your opinion. No one here is really objective, we all have our opinions and our biases. Raven is not a plug-and-play character, you can’t just slot him into any team roster. He only synergizes with the Jedi, so I don’t consider him overpowered - I agree he’s by far the strongest Jedi character in the game – because he has to be. The Jedi roster is rather lackluster, they simply don’t have the same diversity in potential as the sith roster brings. There’s a reason the Jedi haven’t been in the Meta for the last 2 years. GMY is good, because he actually got a rework. Bastila made the Jedi competitive again, but they were never Meta considering Traya was in full swing by that time.

Traya is op too. And Traya isn't a plug&play character either. Triumvirate+2. Towards arena top the options decline. Most often Triumvirate+Thrawn+Nest/Trooper. I've yet to see an ep lead climb to top 20 in my day 1 arena.

Revan is very similar with it's own triumvirate, Revan lead+GMY+Bastilla+2.

• Options

Traya is op too. And Traya isn't a plug&play character either. Triumvirate+2. Towards arena top the options decline. Most often Triumvirate+Thrawn+Nest/Trooper. I've yet to see an ep lead climb to top 20 in my day 1 arena.

If you include both Palpatine and Traya, the Sith have mostly dominated the meta for the last 9 months at least. Before Traya took over, There were plenty of Palpatine leads taking 1 in arena. Both data/stats back that up. It was Palpatine's rework that was mostly responsible prematurely ending Jedi-Training Rey's reign in the Meta.

No. There is no Jedi equivalent of the Sith Triumvirate. There's is no equivalent at all in any faction in this game. There is no other 3 character combo that is as powerful as Traya, Nihilus, Sidious. What they bring in terms of combined synergy along with each of their kits sets themselves apart. One could make the argument that the combinations of those characters is overpowered. There's a reason they've been the sole Meta since March.

GMY is a necessity in any Jedi team thus far, because he's one of the few Jedi that is actually good - thanks to his recent re-work. There are plenty of Revan teams on my shard in the top 15 that don't actually use Bastila, she's really not a necessity for an effective Raven team. But this is a matter of player preference. However, there's not a whole slew of options on the Jedi roster because it's woefully lacking to say the least.

Revan had to be really good, mainly because the Jedi roster is underwhelming and needed a boost from someone to actually make them relevant again.

• CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No. There is no Jedi equivalent of the Sith Triumvirate. There's is no equivalent at all in any faction in this game. There is no other 3 character combo that is as powerful as Traya, Nihilus, Sidious. What they bring in terms of combined synergy along with each of their kits sets themselves apart. One could make the argument that the combinations of those characters is overpowered. There's a reason they've been the sole Meta since March.

I cannot disagree with you more.

For starters comparing Revan vs Traya is not apples to apples.

Traya was an earned character while Revan was for the most part a P2P character. The fact that Traya was an earned character meant that on shards less than 2 years old she was dominant but not ‘unbeatable’. zzEP did fine vs Traya in the sense that most Traya teams could be beat by zzEP provided you got the killorder right and staggered your speed to line up your moves. Add to this Bastilla who propelled the Jedi faction into the top 20s with an amazing 4* leader ability and I’m somewhat perplexed that you rekon the Jedi Faction needed a ‘further boost’ with Revan?

Name me one DS character (apart from Traya) that has a zeta as good as Bastilla that can get you into top 50 at a mere 5*??

If your look at swgoh arena stats atm (Top 10) - Revan is over 50% then Traya and then EP, so less than 2 weeks out the gate that single character has demolished arena.

Traya never demolished arena b/c of the mechanism underlying how she was obtained - ie: months of HSR and you slowly noticed her popping up over time. The move from zzEP to Traya was a gradual progression and didn’t throw arena too much out of whack.

If you looked at swgoh meta before Revan it was Traya, Bastilla then zEP - ie: balanced.

Jedi faction did not “need” Revan.

And please don’t start with the “DS meta has run arena for nearly 9 months”...i mean seriously u wanna talk about how many years we had to live with Chaze/Wiggs and Titans thumping DS over and over in arena?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

If you include both Palpatine and Traya, the Sith have mostly dominated the meta for the last 9 months at least. Before Traya took over, There were plenty of Palpatine leads taking 1 in arena. Both data/stats back that up. It was Palpatine's rework that was mostly responsible prematurely ending Jedi-Training Rey's reign in the Meta.

GMY is a necessity in any Jedi team thus far, because he's one of the few Jedi that is actually good - thanks to his recent re-work. There are plenty of Revan teams on my shard in the top 15 that don't actually use Bastila, she's really not a necessity for an effective Raven team. But this is a matter of player preference. However, there's not a whole slew of options on the Jedi roster because it's woefully lacking to say the least.

Revan had to be really good, mainly because the Jedi roster is underwhelming and needed a boost from someone to actually make them relevant again.

Ok. Then you would agree that any jedi rework or release will be reinforcing Revan meta I guess. And he's op, it doesn't even take very good toons or synergies for him to dominate the arena.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Another consequence of Revan

ahbfeqqz8nos.png

• Options

ahbfeqqz8nos.png

That guild didn't wipe you out using 300 Revans.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

ahbfeqqz8nos.png

It's not me or my guild. Yeah they placed 15 revans each in both of the front territories. Revan is extremely hard to beat in tw, which adds to the point that revan is op.

In comparison in the last tw, my guild battled a guild with 6 trayas, against our 30 filling 2 rows. They had no problem wiping those out.
  • Options
    Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

Don't use logic!
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

ahbfeqqz8nos.png

It's not me or my guild. Yeah they placed 15 revans each in both of the front territories. Revan is extremely hard to beat in tw, which adds to the point that revan is op.

In comparison in the last tw, my guild battled a guild with 6 trayas, against our 30 filling 2 rows. They had no problem wiping those out.

You mean last TW with the incredible mace buff?
    Can't really compare Revan currently to traya currenlty, not just because of the mace buff. A 30 vs 3 traya advantage used to be a sure win aswell.
  • Options
    I rarely post on these forums or read things from others. I’ve been here since day one and there were always people who wanted “Jedi” to be arena strong and arena worthy.

Now that they are..people still aren’t happy. It doesn’t really matter if he is OP or not...this is the fact: people including myself spent $200 and more to get him and I wouldn’t have spent that much on a novelty toon. For me this game arena is what I like the most. I rather arena over ships/raids/events etc.

Ea is never gonna nerf a toon that was put behind a high paywall. You can argue Revan is the most exspencive toon ever released. So many people bought him that infact he has passed up Traya on the meta report.

If ea/cg was to nerf him then people will be scepticle to spend that much again in the future.

Like all nerf “add toon name here” posts in the past...this one will also fade away into the hundreds of others that were asking the same thing but just for another toon.

Those wanting nerfs....good luck on your endeavors but I honestly don’t see what you’re asking for to happen.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I rarely post on these forums or read things from others. I’ve been here since day one and there were always people who wanted “Jedi” to be arena strong and arena worthy.

Now that they are..people still aren’t happy. It doesn’t really matter if he is OP or not...this is the fact: people including myself spent $200 and more to get him and I wouldn’t have spent that much on a novelty toon. For me this game arena is what I like the most. I rather arena over ships/raids/events etc.

Ea is never gonna nerf a toon that was put behind a high paywall. You can argue Revan is the most exspencive toon ever released. So many people bought him that infact he has passed up Traya on the meta report.

If ea/cg was to nerf him then people will be scepticle to spend that much again in the future.

Like all nerf “add toon name here” posts in the past...this one will also fade away into the hundreds of others that were asking the same thing but just for another toon.

Those wanting nerfs....good luck on your endeavors but I honestly don’t see what you’re asking for to happen.

It's obvious that you don't read other's posts at all. There is no call for nerf Revan in the topic. I haven't seen a single topic that asks for a nerf either.
  • Options
    Just make sure you have your 5 old republic toons to 7* and you'll get him yourself and you'll be OP. Then you'll realize he isn't OP and just is different to battle against.
  • Options
    Cne get the timer extended when fighting revan times. Few times now I would have won but the timer beat me with revives