How to demotivate your guild!?

Really simple! just need to Face an almost 40M PG over yours guild in TW, but why leave it there, while your guild is mostly F2P, just starting with the HSTR, so no Trayas in the guild (only two from new members that arrived with them) and obviously ZERO Revans! Your opposing guild has almost the entire guild with Trayas + around 20 Revans...

We are used to face guilds with a lot of GP more, but always with a similar farming inventory, meaning no Trayas, but this time . . .

Replies

• You need to tell some people not to join so you are in a lower tier...thats what the other guild did to face you.
  • Remember that you are matchmaking against galactic power that signed up. If your entire guild signed up and only the minimum of 25 from their guild signed up, you might be in an applicable bracket. But it's 50 guild mates to 25.

If that's not the case however, there have been other players that have reported having bad guild match ups, like a bug in the matchmaking.
  • dnw3ga5ogdpf.png
    Some funny stats comparing our guilds!
    I know people ask others to not join, but at the level of our guild we can't ask for that, we don't have other guilds to send them, and yes, we have the 50 members registered and we only need to deploy 22 teams per territory

But still, the system needs to be more intelligent, don't face guilds that don't have a critical character vs guilds that have them all..., not asking to analyze all legendaries or something like that, but at least the current META!
  • We had a similar matchup. Something is wrong in the game, if the answer is to ask players not to join your guild.

There is so many reports on this topic that I can’t be ignored.

It’s really a shame, TW with even matchups are some of the most fun game mode imo. But unevenly matched the complete opposite.

Hope they fix it soon
  • Is a shocking matchup and do feel for you.

Myself and my other guildies are wondering how you are getting on against them?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    The matchmaking algorithm has major difficulties with matching guilds with less than 50 participants. I don't believe they've told us on what parameters matchmaking is based exactly, but it seems clear to me that there's something not functioning properly.
    I must however admit that my guild matches mostly equal guilds in the majority of our TWs. So it's entirely broken, but it somehow just can't handle guilds with less than 50 participants.
    Unfortunately it kinda ruins the experience for the guild they're facing whether they signed up with less than 50 participants on purpose or not.
  • Our match up this go-around was a 58M GP swing between us. They wiped our table and we were unable to complete a single zone. kluemhn3szou.png
  • Meh, two free zetas, maybe a night off, or maybe I get to try out some teams against different comps. The only downside is that I can't move mods, so there's no way for me to get my B teams fast enough to compete with some of the better modded comps I'd like to experiment against. **shrug**
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Ren_Urso wrote: »
    Is a shocking matchup and do feel for you.

Myself and my other guildies are wondering how you are getting on against them?
    rctroepwggkx.png
    Beautifully!!
  • Boov wrote: »
    The matchmaking algorithm has major difficulties with matching guilds with less than 50 participants. I don't believe they've told us on what parameters matchmaking is based exactly, but it seems clear to me that there's something not functioning properly.
    I must however admit that my guild matches mostly equal guilds in the majority of our TWs. So it's entirely broken, but it somehow just can't handle guilds with less than 50 participants.
    Unfortunately it kinda ruins the experience for the guild they're facing whether they signed up with less than 50 participants on purpose or not.

Totally Agree! Our guild is really into TW, and we are really passionate about it, but this is near to impossible, this is the first time a rival clears our board and we never had a chance...

Below you have Trayas with 8 Revans
    Above you have 10 Revans and the rest are Bastilas
    We choose the above path just to practice and we have left 5 Revans that won’t go down with anything...
  • aperingo wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

Totally Agree! Our guild is really into TW, and we are really passionate about it, but this is near to impossible, this is the first time a rival clears our board and we never had a chance...

Below you have Trayas with 8 Revans
    Above you have 10 Revans and the rest are Bastilas
    We choose the above path just to practice and we have left 5 Revans that won’t go down with anything...

Yeah it sucks when that happens. Really hard to keep people motivated to try when it is impossible. But my advice is just to let those that want to practice do so and let everyone else take the night off. At least second place rewards aren't horrible.

And asking some to sit out isn't a solution. I'd rather have the second place rewards than the nothing you get if you're picked to sit out.

I'm not sure that CG knows the algorithm. Looking at what aperingo posted above: If that falls into the WAI bucket, then it's just very poorly written code, and a review from the programmers isn't likely, based on past experiences. That's not my guild, but that has to be the worst match-up I've seen posted here. Too bad CG won't ever see this as a problem. Too busy with something else that will make it's way into the game, that we can soon QA test it in the live environment for them.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    FolsomTony wrote: »

I'm not sure that CG knows the algorithm. Looking at what aperingo posted above: If that falls into the WAI bucket, then it's just very poorly written code, and a review from the programmers isn't likely, based on past experiences. That's not my guild, but that has to be the worst match-up I've seen posted here. Too bad CG won't ever see this as a problem. Too busy with something else that will make it's way into the game, that we can soon QA test it in the live environment for them.

That discord screencapture is a bit skewed though due to it comparing the entire guilds, not just the participating members. With 22 slots only 43/44 players singed up i believe.
    I'm sure the devs are aware of the mismatches though, maybe it just doesn't happen often enough from their perspective to adjust the algorithm, i don't know. Like i said, it works fine for my guild (most of the time).
    But yes, i can't wait for the latest, newest, flashiest.... debacle to come ;)
  • @Boov

The devs are aware that there "are" mismatches. They've specifically asked guilds to post the details of such on these exact forums so they can get an overview of how far apart their algorithm is matching guilds.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Boov

The devs are aware that there "are" mismatches. They've specifically asked guilds to post the details of such on these exact forums so they can get an overview of how far apart their algorithm is matching guilds.
    @Vendi1983
    I'm also sure they're aware that less than 50 participants is causing alot of those mismatches?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Either way they have all the tools at their disposal to fix the issue instead of constantly letting these wildly mismatched TWs continue. But hey...

I won't hold my breath for a quick or appropriate fix. Look at the Sith Raid.

I posted this in another of the "Mismatch" threads:

Total GP: +/- 10%? Yes? Next. No? Match denied.
    Minimum players active: +/- 3? Yes? Next. No? Match denied.
    Average active individual GP: +/- 10% Yes? TW launches. No? Match denied.

3 simple checks. The guilds will be more evenly matched. Yes, one guild may have a few more or less Trayas or Revans, but not the 5:1 ratios we're seeing in the mismatches.

Each step becomes increasingly more focused on the individual players participating, but each step can deny the match if it fails.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I'm just afraid they'll break it more than it currently is.
  • I don’t think it’s the less then 50 that’s causing the issue as much as it appears, We have less then fifty fairly often, and never see the issues that others post about,
  • I don’t think it’s the less then 50 that’s causing the issue as much as it appears, We have less then fifty fairly often, and never see the issues that others post about,

It’s purely anecdotal, but our guild have had some pretty uneven matchups against us when all 50 sign up but opponents don’t have 50, then recently we ran 3 consecutive TWs with 49 members and all 3 of them were uneven matches in our favour.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I don’t think it’s the less then 50 that’s causing the issue as much as it appears, We have less then fifty fairly often, and never see the issues that others post about,

Not all matches with unequal participants are mismatches, but most mismatches have unequal participants.
    FolsomTony wrote: »

That discord screencapture is a bit skewed though due to it comparing the entire guilds, not just the participating members. With 22 slots only 43/44 players singed up i believe.
    I'm sure the devs are aware of the mismatches though, maybe it just doesn't happen often enough from their perspective to adjust the algorithm, i don't know. Like i said, it works fine for my guild (most of the time).
    But yes, i can't wait for the latest, newest, flashiest.... debacle to come ;)

Agree that in reality it wasn’t 50 vs 50, but the member with less GP of the rival guild competes with our top 5 + 43 Trayas + 18 Revans VS our ZERO Revans + 2 Trayas its uneven even on the 43/44 vs 50

And we did saw the 18 Revans in the first two territories...

It’s purely anecdotal, but our guild have had some pretty uneven matchups against us when all 50 sign up but opponents don’t have 50, then recently we ran 3 consecutive TWs with 49 members and all 3 of them were uneven matches in our favour.

Our matches are generally 5-15 mil more for the enemy, once we were 4 mil higher lol
  • We were just in a mismatch this time on the other end. We are a Guild of 50 and only 44 signed up--we make TW's optional, but if you sign up then participation is required--and the opponent had 47 registered. Makes for an awkward matchup with 33 zzTraya vs. 3....and not nearly as fun for either Guild as if it were a close match.

The Active GP was close enough to justify if you're matching by GP alone, but they need a way to factor more relevant criteria into the matchmaking.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Based on those stats doesn’t matter if u lowers amount that joined ur problem is u have players that r more interested in collecting toons than powering them to be useful that’s why u have galactic power that is useless and can’t beat players that r focused on competiting in competive aspects like arena. Looking at ur gear stats says it all if u have small amount of players that compete (top 100 arena) best that the rest r too or don’t complain about losing in fighting competitions because u have useless galactic power on ur side to increase tw reward tier for losing. There guild probably says if u don’t have certain arena rank don’t join zetas r for competitive players anyways. So demotivate by putting arena requirements not useless galactic power would be ur answer.