Usefulness of Tenacity and potency

I've heard there is always a 15% chance a character will resist a debuff. Is this true? And if so, is there any reason to mod your characters with potency or tenacity greater than 85%?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes.

Base tenacity, abilities, and tenacity from mods will cancel out more of the 85%.

Raids are another area where a higher potency is a good idea.

For tenacity, I don't mod much for that, but I know other swear by it for toons you dont want to be stunned or ability blocked
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Slazbacca wrote: »
    I've heard there is always a 15% chance a character will resist a debuff. Is this true? And if so, is there any reason to mod your characters with potency or tenacity greater than 85%?

High tenacity beats just about everything these days with all the mass debuffs stun shock.

Any team gains TM by resisting a debuff gets mass TM jusy by having high tenacity. Now is that enough for you to run a char at 150 speed and 100 tenacity... no but it serves a purpose....

CLS with real high potency works a heck of a lot better in Haat solos than a CLS modded for damage so yeah it has usefullness...

Zfinn teams same high potency >>>>>> damage prot health accuraacy tenacity speed ( long as poe fast)

So ya not most important thing but situationally it can be huge
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Why does everyone say CLS needs potency for HAAT? The only phases where you can remove TM are GG and Rocket Droid. CLS inflicts Tenacity Down on his special and thus completely negates the T/P check. It's all "base 15% chance to resist" after that. If you don't get TMR with CLS on a phase where it's possible, it's not because he doesn't have potency; it's because you're getting bad RNG with the 15% rolls on base resist. It's why CLS only has 1% potency stat until G12. He doesn't need it.

You could mod his potency to the moon with 6 x Potency mods and a +Potency cross and he'll still get resisted after inflicting Tenacity Down.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Why does everyone say CLS needs potency for HAAT? The only phases where you can remove TM are GG and Rocket Droid. CLS inflicts Tenacity Down on his special and thus completely negates the T/P check. It's all "base 15% chance to resist" after that. If you don't get TMR with CLS on a phase where it's possible, it's not because he doesn't have potency; it's because you're getting bad RNG with the 15% rolls on base resist. It's why CLS only has 1% potency stat until G12. He doesn't need it.

You could mod his potency to the moon with 6 x Potency mods and a +Potency cross and he'll still get resisted after inflicting Tenacity Down.

just read it binds all things zeta. that's why.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Fantastic. However; my argument still stands. Tenacity down removes the need for a P/T check and all that happens when CLS goes to apply a debuff/remove TM is the game does the "15% base resist" check.

So modding for potency for raids on him is useless unless it's the Sith Raid and you can't inflict tenacity down.

I use a CLS exclusively modded for maximum damage and almost no potency secondary stats and can clear the HPit no problem.

If you're using him in arena it's a different story.
  • Options
    And without potency you can't inflict Tenacity Down in the first place.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Ascetic_Monkfish @Fahrius

I've never had an issue inflicting Tenacity Down with his special in raids. I've had his TMR resisted plenty of times, but not TD.

TD is unresistable.

KRU is the same. He'll apply Tenacity Down to a Bastila Jedi team right through her bonus tenacity up at the start.

From CLS' "Use the Force" mechanics:

qo9p0p50vjv9.png
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Fantastic. However; my argument still stands. Tenacity down removes the need for a P/T check and all that happens when CLS goes to apply a debuff/remove TM is the game does the "15% base resist" check.

So modding for potency for raids on him is useless unless it's the Sith Raid and you can't inflict tenacity down.

I use a CLS exclusively modded for maximum damage and almost no potency secondary stats and can clear the HPit no problem.

If you're using him in arena it's a different story.

Do you have his special ready every turn? I dont. Plus, sometimes you want to change targets, like the turrets and surely, ten down wont be spreaded in every target...
    And without potency you can't inflict Tenacity Down in the first place.

Tenacity down isnt affected by potency! Otherwise if a toon has ten up, couldnt be affected by ten down
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    CLS dont need even a single point of potency.
    CLS with 0% potency is basically a CLS with 40% potency. and its more than enough.
    saying that CLS with potency doing better than CLS with damage is absurd, wrong, and obviously barely doing the HAAT solo if you suggest it.
    everything in the HAAT have pathetic amount of tenacity, suggesting potency for CLS is just misleading, really. in HSR it have no impact, and in the long (way too long) months i used CLS in arena, he had exactly 0 potency.
  • Options
    @SithTrio_PO

We agree! Finally!
  • Options
    Lol, why, do I often disagree with you?
    Anyway facts shows it anyway. I did the solo haat multiple times even when my CLS had 1.6% potency.
    It's just a fact that CLS don't need potency at all for haat, nothing to disagree lol.
    Whoever dont think so it's just because he didn't try it himself, and went with potency instead of damage. Sure it can work, but with damage or speed it work much faster.
    I would rate the importance like this : Crit Damage, Offense, Speed, CC, Prot+HP (to not die from the oneshotter in p3), and then everything else - tenacity, potency, defense...
    Which gives potency exactly 0 importance.
    Now you can even ignore completely the tenacity down, and If you add BB-8 buff and Hermit Yoda Master training to the equation of 40% potency, you'll even realize wasting the time to put potency on CLS is insanity.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I modded mine for CD/CC with about +100 speed prior to G12. Plenty of offense secondaries. I think maybe 7-9% potency just from random secondaries.

@SithTrio_PO just was referring to the whole Wampa/HAAT/ABC debate. That's all.