Daily Gear Challenges

I have anywhere from several hundred to several thousand of everything offered as a reward on all the daily challenges. Am I missing something as to why they are still part of the game? Seems like there would be a way to trade them in or sell them back other than the rare chance a guildmate asks for something I have thousands of.

Replies

• I could always use more of those hypo syringes, mark 4 keypads, and carbantis, and I've been playing for 2 years. I'm glad they basically give them out for free, especially once you can sim them.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I could always use more of those hypo syringes, mark 4 keypads, and carbantis, and I've been playing for 2 years. I'm glad they basically give them out for free, especially once you can sim them.

Same. Sometimes I end up with a surplus of the keypads or syringes, but then I'll start building a new squad and they go right out the window. I had 3 keypads saved up but then I started on the Revan crew and *poof*.

It does seem a little silly that the other stuff continues to pile up, though. I'd gladly trade at a 1:1 rate for shard shop currency, or they could just let us sell it for a paltry amount of credits like you used to be able to.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The mace windu gear challenge gives absolutely nothing I don't have over 1k of already.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    The mace windu gear challenge gives absolutely nothing I don't have over 1k of already.

Give it up though, it's always nice when you hit a new gear level on somebody and you can just immediately plug in a couple of mk4 stun guns.

Another thought: "Up-converting" the junky stuff into higher versions - say 150 mk4 stun gun salvage for one mk5 prototype - would be a great solution.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Its nice to have a bit of surplus for new characters. Not having to use energy to gear them up a few levels right away.
  • Keoni wrote: »
    I have anywhere from several hundred to several thousand of everything offered as a reward on all the daily challenges. Am I missing something as to why they are still part of the game? Seems like there would be a way to trade them in or sell them back other than the rare chance a guildmate asks for something I have thousands of.

Can I have some of your several hundred carbantis?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Keoni wrote: »
    Crab If I could I certainly would. I was hoping somebody might know of a way to do that, that I have been overlooking. Just seems odd there’s no way to exchange, sell or trade these items.

There was a way to sell gear back in the beginning. People sold stuff they ended up needing and whined about it so CG got rid of it. Same thing would happen now if they implemented it again.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Keoni wrote: »
    Crab If I could I certainly would. I was hoping somebody might know of a way to do that, that I have been overlooking. Just seems odd there’s no way to exchange, sell or trade these items.

There was a way to sell gear back in the beginning. People sold stuff they ended up needing and whined about it so CG got rid of it. Same thing would happen now if they implemented it again.

Was that the reason? I always thought it was just to cut off a supply of easy credits.

Honestly, if you're so shortsighted that you sell something without checking if you need it first, I have no sympathy for that. Bring it on back I say.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png