Can we get a new toon that cancels Speed bonuses on Mods?

So since Revan abilities has upped the ability power "anty", can we get a toon that has a leadership which cancels all the enemy's speed bonuses from their mods?

I was thinking it could be the "new" Rex toon! :)

And it would finally make the other stats on Mods 2.0 more important then the speed stat.

Perhaps even make it on a CuPs rework? "Sorry sir, those mods are illegal. They are being confiscated."
;)

Replies

• Some of us pay for good mods. So no.

I DO think they should stop making leadership abilities (Revan, Bastila, etc.) that require you to solve a complex algebra problem to understand who goes first and why.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Cute idea, . . . .. but not a snowballs chance of happening
  • Flat Cancelling out speed mods is ridiculous, but the concept isn’t. I love what they tried to do with Vet Chewy, where he gets stronger the more turns your opponent gets. The problem is he simply isn’t good enough, and you really can’t have a character designed to be slow unless you also give that character a good way to cleanse or avoid debuffs. I would love to see more approaches like that.
  • I think the point is Revan leadership is kinda ridiculous, so lets go to the next level!

People paid for the old meta toons, and they get obsoleted with new ones, so no reason a new meta toon can't cancel speed bonuses of mods instead of some other crazy leadership bonuses! Right?

"New Rex 2.0 as Meta!", vote now!

YES - ___
    YES - ___

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Anrath wrote: »
    I think the point is Revan leadership is kinda ridiculous, so lets go to the next level!

People paid for the old meta toons, and they get obsoleted with new ones, so no reason a new meta toon can't cancel speed bonuses of mods instead of some other crazy leadership bonuses! Right?

YES - ___
    YES - ___

Except that cancelling out speed bonuses brings us back to good old days of coinflips for equally geared toons. Which everyone hates. I'd say people probably hate straight up coinflips on everything more than they hate a p2p meta that is difficult but still beatable... But hey maybe I'm wrong and everyone wants everything to be a coinflip again.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Nah, you're right.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I prefer coin flips to "f2p unbeatable" p2p metas :D

But what you guys say basicslly only applies to Mirror Matches! If speeds on Mods were 0'd by a new toon's leadership maybe Rex 1.0 or zMaul or zBastilla would be the counter to the new toon's leadership! We would have an interesting bigger mixture of toons used instead of just Revan Jedi & Traya triumbrate Sith/Empire (with the odd NS or Rebel team).

But give this idea some more thought... I think it's a winner! B)

YES - ___
    YES - ___
  • Quit your whining and start farming speed mods like everyone else has.
  • Lol @Huatimus am l bothering you with my suggestion?

Anyway, I think this would be fun change... even if it would nulify my +20-25 6dot mods, let alone my many other speed secondaries mods.