Tray Hype.......disappointing

Hi Folks ,
i just got Traya..brought her to the max. Level and also double Zetaed her and brought her to Gear Level 11.. I used her in a Team with DN / Sion / Thrawn and Nest....but the results are very disappointing to be honest. I expected more.....

Therefor i can't understand the "Traya Hype"....what are your experiences ?

Replies

• JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Bytestream wrote: »
    Hi Folks ,
    i just got Traya..brought her to the max. Level and also double Zetaed her and brought her to Gear Level 11.. I used her in a Team with DN / Sion / Thrawn and Nest....but the results are very disappointing to be honest. I expected more.....

There is no « hype ». Traya team was just the best arena team, not including Revan cause still a bit early. Now that Revan’s here it’s hard to say.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Bytestream wrote: »
    Hi Folks ,

There is no « hype ». Traya team is just the best arena team, not including Revan cause still a bit early.

Revan beats everyone on offence and hard to beat on defence.

Traya is the second best arena team, on par with bastila/cls

Best to prepare your old republic toons for 5-6 months time.
  • JohnAran wrote: »

There is no « hype ». Traya team is just the best arena team, not including Revan cause still a bit early.

A bit early? for what? Revan is the best arena team.
  • It is all about speed. If your Nest goes first, you win. If enemy’s you’re in trouble
  • thats what these games do. hype up chars and change the feeling of the characters before the majority of the players in game get the character. for most they missed the time where traya was an elite character.

with all the changes they made to jedi to make revan good i find it funny that bastilla teams that were easily beatable before revan somehow now beat traya teams.

its the hidden nerf sequence but they do it in a way that technically people will claim foul for calling it a nerf when in all truth it is.

now all hail revan pay up now and by the time most get revan he will be just as worthless as traya was made to be
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    How are your mods?
    Why don't you use sith trooper instead of Thrawn?
    Did you zeta the rest of your team?
    How well geared is the rest of your team?

(Low GP makes you a target in arena — as with any team)
  • Hi Waqui ,

all are Gear 11 beside of Thrawn G12. and all re Zetaed

I've a 7* Sith Trooper but that toon is currently only G9 'coz of Gear shortage ;-)

Mods are "average" i would say...NEST f.e. is at 246 SPD
  • The biggest problem is all of that work to realize you're stuck using her with the Triumvirate and she'll never be a Swiss army knife character like the other raid characters General Kenobi and Han Solo.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    nest is slow, i do not use , but in my guild good nest are about 300 speed or more

before revan i stay top10 with traya DN DS trooper and thrawn, all g12 except traya g11

now, with 14 revan in shard, if i'm lucky i do a top10 in a week, and normaly top20 at payout
  • Lucky one Tarah...i'm glad when i got around 100
  • Bytestream wrote: »
    Hi Waqui ,

all are Gear 11 beside of Thrawn G12. and all re Zetaed

I've a 7* Sith Trooper but that toon is currently only G9 'coz of Gear shortage ;-)

Mods are "average" i would say...NEST f.e. is at 246 SPD

That is very slow for nest. You need to work on your mods.
    Mine nest is 286 speed with the -crit chance mod instead of +30...
  • thats what these games do. hype up chars and change the feeling of the characters before the majority of the players in game get the character. for most they missed the time where traya was an elite character.

with all the changes they made to jedi to make revan good i find it funny that bastilla teams that were easily beatable before revan somehow now beat traya teams.

its the hidden nerf sequence but they do it in a way that technically people will claim foul for calling it a nerf when in all truth it is.

now all hail revan pay up now and by the time most get revan he will be just as worthless as traya was made to be

There is no hidden nerf sequence. There might be an occassional missed minor errata on some toon that fails to make it into the patch notes, but again, there are no hidden nerfs going on.

Oh, and my traya team still autos bastille lead teams, so I counter your (unfounded) anectdotal evidence with my own anecdotal evidence.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    How are your mods?
    Why don't you use sith trooper instead of Thrawn?

Because Thrawn is much better?

I love seeing Sith Trooper. Does nothing other than taunt which is easy to dispel or block with lots of different comps.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Have you not been reading my post on REVAN is OP?
  • I will say no more
  • Have you not been reading my post on REVAN is OP?

Powerful yes, but not Overpowered IMHO. I say this as both a Revan owner and someone who beats multiple Revans per day with an EP / Sion / DN / Thrawn / Nest squad on an alternate account.

CLS was overpowered relative to the state of the game when he came out. Revan is just strong.

I have a five person payout rotation. Two Revans, three Traya variants. Life is easier for the Revans, but the Trayas usually get there, some more easily than others depending on mods and their fifth.
  • I have a 272 speed DN (65% POT), a 271 speed Sion, 260 odd traya, and a 297 thrawn. Fully zeta up, 106k GP team. I run sith trooper also with 50kHP 70k prot, I finish about 14th every day, the top 12 are all Revan squads. I waste normally 2/3 battles on Revan teams. Most of the time, my DN cant get to his annihilate because of tenacity, and deflections, and what ever else. My Treya usually is wiped out before she can get off a isolate. Some battles goto a draw because I might get a kill on revan but I am usually then without a traya and thrawn by that time. On average I maybe win 1 in 7 matches at best with a bit of favourable r n g.

Like I have said before if everyone had Revan, and jedi no one would run any other team. Anyone who has revan and jedi is running that for arena. No one is consciously leaving Revan on the bench for their arena teams.

Ok there are a few variations of teams to beat Revan on offense but its slim pickings nothing too concreate on defence. If you look at this with a normal amount of perspective it is fair to state that Revan displays moderate to strong traits of OP when it comes to Treya leads especially if it takes my faster then most Traya team 1 in 7-10 matches to get a win. Arena only gives you 5 matches. So as far as those stats are concerned his OP

I don't see how people can defend that unless they have Thrawns over 300 speed which is insane and 7 star traya with buckets of health, and they are playing a poorly modded revan squads.

or they don't run traya leads.

• Every skill and team has a counter, this is the way of things. Thinking any one team or set of moves will own all beat all forever....well wrong game..
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    It is all about speed. If your Nest goes first, you win. If enemy’s you’re in trouble

Your mest van go first vs my revan and you will lose everytime. Thrawn forst and maybe you have a chance. We are talking nest on D NOT O.