Revan's ridiculous AI

Joost
233 posts Member
Making Revan auto-target Traya and Nihilus just to make him better is one of the worst decisions CG has made. Defense should be about rng now Revan takes rng out of the equation to make him the best ever. All because of the AI, Traya would at least stand an honest chance if Revan had a regular AI like all other characters.

And if this is a thing now where is RJT calling BB8 automatically and Thrawn auto-fracturing Revan?

Replies

• Who cares. We'll all be using Jedi Revan teams in 3-5 months.
  • Been saying this for a while. He does the same Agaisnt any team. bh, NS, whoever he always targets the absolute correct toon while no other AI has this sense.
  • While thrawn ai sucks...
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Except targeting DN second isn't smart because of his heals. And you can cheese it with zMaul and Nest.
  • I completely agree that the AI has been rigged in Revan's favor. People argue that "it's what a real player would do! Good!"

But not every toon does that. If they all acted in a similar fashion most teams would hold far better on defence. My FOO would know to grant TM to Kylo so he can Lash Out and grant the whole team full TM. But he doesn't. He does something different (and usually dumb) every time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The real question is would we want AI changes like this or more direct power creep?

Pre programmed AI choices can be used to your advantage.
  • Just have patience. People who spent on Revan needed to be happy with the purchase. They fund the game for the free players after all. Once the next meta is on the horizon, maybe the AI changes to be a little more "offense friendly" let's say.

Teams that held better on defense would be bad for the game. How many people would stick around if they hit their ceiling several rewards brackets before they currently do?

And you can cheese it with Zmaul and Nest. Or you can just beat him straight up with Traya and Nest. Or, if you're on a younger shard, you can beat him straight up with EP and Nest. (pssst, there's a theme here).
  • Honestly Revan is kind of a miss and he needs this AI.
  • I think this started with Traya, who always isolates DN, unless there is a taunt up. At least they're starting to make the AI a little smarter by giving it some sort of direction.

Even then, the AI still is far from being smart.

Btw, it's not best to mark and target Traya or DN first. With Revan v the Traya meta, it's best to target Thrawn first, who will go down fast because Thrawn doesn't get the heal from the Traya lead. By marking Thrawn first, it's nearly impossible for Revan to lose v Traya meta.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    BigBoloney wrote: »
    I think this started with Traya, who always isolates DN, unless there is a taunt up. At least they're starting to make the AI a little smarter by giving it some sort of direction.

Even then, the AI still is far from being smart.

Btw, it's not best to mark and target Traya or DN first. With Revan v the Traya meta, it's best to target Thrawn first, who will go down fast because Thrawn doesn't get the heal from the Traya lead. By marking Thrawn first, it's nearly impossible for Revan to lose v Traya meta.

Traya doesn’t always Isolate DN. She isolated highest effective health, which is usually DN.
  • No worries, they will "fix" it when Revan comes for 2nd time.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I completely agree that the AI has been rigged in Revan's favor. People argue that "it's what a real player would do! Good!"

But not every toon does that. If they all acted in a similar fashion most teams would hold far better on defence. My FOO would know to grant TM to Kylo so he can Lash Out and grant the whole team full TM. But he doesn't. He does something different (and usually dumb) every time.

So you want your FOO to grant TM to kylo? Or you want Revan to stop targetting traya?
  • thegamer5652
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just wait for Darth revan.

His lead will be anti jedi and jedi revan.

It will likely be -80 speed from jedi so the sith are faster. It will also say targets marked gain 500% protection ,100% defense and crit immunity. Along with some 30% potency maybe and 30% max health. And the zeta for this will cause all targets that hit the marked target lose 5% max health.

The best part is that it will release unexpectedly and maybe require a sith character released the week before so people panic buy again.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »
    I completely agree that the AI has been rigged in Revan's favor. People argue that "it's what a real player would do! Good!"

So you want your FOO to grant TM to kylo? Or you want Revan to stop targetting traya?

Consistency. We want consistency. Making some toons AI smart while most are dumb is just wrong.
  • @Vertigo

Thanks for understanding what I meant. If Revan is "smart" then all AI should have equal coding.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Consistency. We want consistency. Making some toons AI smart while most are dumb is just wrong.

Right, that's why i asked "or", either all "dumb" or all "smart".
    Anyway, you can't really hate on revan having "smart" AI because other toons have "dumb" AI if you don't want all toons to have "smart" AI. Then you're just hating on Revan, not on the consistancy. Hopefully that makes sense.
    Keep in mind that if every toon has smart AI, Revan teams will be even more difficult to beat and it most likely won't help out on def either vs revan teams. Furthermore, all the other teams will become more difficult to beat aswell. So be carefull what you wish for.
    That being said, it's okay if you're just hating on revan for having smart AI, just don't ask for other toons to get smart AI aswell if you really just want revan nerfed to have dumb AI.

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    As for my personal opinion on the matter, i think revan is fine as is and i definately don't want smart AI for all toons. Eventually smart AI will lead to a very narrow meta and loads of/more offensive losses, that's what i think would happen atleast.
    Also, Revan's AI isn't that great either. Him prioritizing traya can backfire aswell and he doesn't target anyone specific on my rebel+thrawn team.
  • After watching a shard mate play his Traya lead against my Revan lead I can unequivocally say that the Revan AI is really not smart. This is supported by me facing Revan leads both with a Revan lead and with an EP lead on another account.

Revan likes to attack anybody who has extra protection. Attack Thrawn who's got no protection and 60% health? Nope, let's got bang on Nest some more since she has protection up?

I'm wondering if the Revan AI is intentionally dumb to allow other teams to climb.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Grrrr wrote: »
    This the reason true PvP should be added (and should replace the old arena system). It’s really holding this game back from being what it truly should be...a PvP “card” game

Not a “resource management” game played against AI.

“Hey guys, want to come play a ‘resource management’ game with us?”

Average gamer: “...uh, no thanks”

Seems to me players seem to enjoy the balance between competativeness, resource management and collecting toons this game offers.
    If you want to play a PvP card game i suggest you just play a different game. Live PvP in this game would lead to it becomming pay2win real quick, balance issues up the wazoo.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Right, that's why i asked "or", either all "dumb" or all "smart".
    Anyway, you can't really hate on revan having "smart" AI because other toons have "dumb" AI if you don't want all toons to have "smart" AI. Then you're just hating on Revan, not on the consistancy. Hopefully that makes sense.
    Keep in mind that if every toon has smart AI, Revan teams will be even more difficult to beat and it most likely won't help out on def either vs revan teams. Furthermore, all the other teams will become more difficult to beat aswell. So be carefull what you wish for.
    That being said, it's okay if you're just hating on revan for having smart AI, just don't ask for other toons to get smart AI aswell if you really just want revan nerfed to have dumb AI.

I'd take either all dumb or all smart. Not just have CG pick and choose which ones have good AI. Having one paywall character that finally makes good choices on who to use their abilities on is pretty ridiculous. But, they made their money off of him, so I'm pretty sure their response to that would just be "meh." Meanwhile, I've been watching several long time players outright quit because of the ever increasing and ever outlandish power creep.
  • Just have patience. People who spent on Revan needed to be happy with the purchase. They fund the game for the free players after all. Once the next meta is on the horizon, maybe the AI changes to be a little more "offense friendly" let's say.

Teams that held better on defense would be bad for the game. How many people would stick around if they hit their ceiling several rewards brackets before they currently do?

And you can cheese it with Zmaul and Nest. Or you can just beat him straight up with Traya and Nest. Or, if you're on a younger shard, you can beat him straight up with EP and Nest. (pssst, there's a theme here).

If one has a 7* nest perhaps...