A plea for minimized animations

Pretty pretty please. With all of the new characters that can regenerate health and protection and the gear that helps (health steal), these matches are getting out of control long. First Traya mirrors, now Revan mirrors are all coming down to the wire, but whether or not I win shouldn't be related to how well my device can handle your software (relatively new device by the way and can still lag for between five and ten seconds during some animations, not to mention Hoda takes an eternity to get anything done).

This.is.not.fun.

It's.a.game.

It's.supposed.to.be.fun.

Thank you!

Replies

• RushGotti
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What device do you play on? You say its pretty new, But nothing thats remotely new would lag.

I play on the iPhone X and the only thing that takes somewhat long, is the start up.
  • I agree with the OP. An option to have animation-less arena battles would be great. My phone is less than a year old, but with g12+ and 6* mods on a launch shard, i timeout almost half the battles in the top 5-10.

Is only going to get worse as people max mods and gear. Especially now with the Revan/Jolee double rez. It's Barris timeout teams 2.0
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No animations in battles? Where is the fun in that?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    What's wrong with the option then?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Is this a request to sim arena?
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Is this a request to sim arena?

No, it's a request to speed up the process so that players can play the game without having to hit "auto" for the last two minutes so they don't timeout while Yoda dances, Jolee and Revan heal and rez jedi, Nest recovers protection while getting hit and Sith heal by being atracked.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    No animations in battles? Where is the fun in that?

Some people who can win, prefer not to do it in the last 15 seconds of battle, or randomly lose because they were waiting for Yoda to bounce around the screen.

Not sure which is easier for them to implement, no animation option or 8× speed.

Bringing the right tools for the job has been a firm stance in many situations like this, but the jedi have always been weak offensively and the push to revan has really forced the hand and given little option, although he is beatable. To have him and not play him would be more soul crushing then putting a brand new 7* marquee in a platoon.
  • RushGotti wrote: »
    What device do you play on? You say its pretty new, But nothing thats remotely new would lag.

I play on the iPhone X and the only thing that takes somewhat long, is the start up.

@RushGotti

I said "relatively new", and it's an S7.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Is this a request to sim arena?

No, it's a request to speed up the process so that players can play the game without having to hit "auto" for the last two minutes so they don't timeout while Yoda dances, Jolee and Revan heal and rez jedi, Nest recovers protection while getting hit and Sith heal by being atracked.

I see its just like Talias harrowing assualt takes forever to watch. I definitely agree these movements soak up alot of time.
  • Sounds like y'all are just tired of playing, to me.
  • Sounds like y'all are just tired of playing, to me.

Not at all, just want to have fun while playing. "Losing" what should amount to a victory in what is a really challenging arena landscape right now because some of the character animations take a long time to get their point across really sucks the air out of the fun balloon. I spent close to 40 minutes on HAAT last night which probably could have been half of that.

Many of us that provide legitimate feedback for the game do so because we want to continue to play it and want it to be the best game it can. I readily admit we can all have different opinions on what that is, but it's not for lack of wanting to play, it's for desire to play efficiently.