Omegas

Prev1345
Before I dump all of my frustration from spending over 1600 Cantina & not getting one Omega. Also it has taken me 3 days & I can't even collect 4 of them.
I am going to ask you why is this like this. & why is it so difficult to collect an otherwise worthless Item? Omegas should be way more accessible if we have the materials to pay for them. They should be available all day long!!!!! It is rediculous that I am collecting Zeta mats @ a 2:1 ratio over them. Please look into restructuring this.

Replies

• Lol the Omega chance in cantina is a joke. Ive farmed well over 400 vet shards and got 3 Omegas. I 10 Omegas in shipments helps a lot. Also the mythic events on farm for assault battles helps a lot too, 4 Omegas per event
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure how they can be worthless, many people state they need them, want them, what have you on a weekly basis.

Demand/need with low supply, usually equates to a higher value/cost.
  • Also omegas are for sale in Fleet shipments, so if you're getting twice as many zetas as omegas, you could change your Fleet Currency spending habits instead of complaining. Omegas are available every 6 hours there.
  • Actually they rotate with purple ability mats. So not quite every six.
  • Heh, worthless? I'd argue they have more value pound for pound than a zeta when you think about how many omegas are needed across the board to get the most out of your characters. I assure you, they've structured it this way for a horribly devious reason.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    I earn omegas at much better rate than zetas. In the time it takes me to earn 20 zetas I usually earn somewhere between 30-35 omegas. Omegas are only a problem if you are trying to max every ability as quickly as possible. Prioritize them on characters you use primarily.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not sure how they can be worthless, many people state they need them, want them, what have you on a weekly basis.

Demand/need with low supply, usually equates to a higher value/cost.

My meaning was that, Omega Abilities are usually not that enticing. I know one thing tho, I will be even more reluctant to place them on toons now. I do believe that every other store needs to have them. If you can buy 2 Zetas, Omegas should be at twice the rate. But forcing people to spend is the name of the game
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Monel wrote: »
    I earn omegas at much better rate than zetas. In the time it takes me to earn 20 zetas I usually earn somewhere between 30-35 omegas. Omegas are only a problem if you are trying to max every ability as quickly as possible. Prioritize them on characters you use primarily.

In 4 days I have earned 9 Zeta mats & 4 Omegas.
  • So, you bought some from the fleet store, buy some omegas instead if you need them.
  • Also omegas are for sale in Fleet shipments, so if you're getting twice as many zetas as omegas, you could change your Fleet Currency spending habits instead of complaining. Omegas are available every 6 hours there.

They are not available there every day tho
  • Lol the Omega chance in cantina is a joke. Ive farmed well over 400 vet shards and got 3 Omegas. I 10 Omegas in shipments helps a lot. Also the mythic events on farm for assault battles helps a lot too, 4 Omegas per event

Agreed! I bought a 600 pack of Cantina Energy as well as refreshes. Just trying to get one Omega, I burned so many Crystals & Cant get one Omega mat? I mean come on!!! I dont care all of the people criticizing, thats a bunch of garbage & they should just take the burdens out of those nodes! It's as good as false advertisement as they should also label the drop rate as 0
  • So, you bought some from the fleet store, buy some omegas instead if you need them.

My point is, they are not there for purchase. But thank you for the knowledge & advice
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    So, you bought some from the fleet store, buy some omegas instead if you need them.

My point is, they are not there for purchase. But thank you for the knowledge & advice

Or I should say were not there, a of the sudden a 10 pack appeared after I burnt the rest of my crystals this morning.
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    So, you bought some from the fleet store, buy some omegas instead if you need them.

Or I should say were not there, a of the sudden a 10 pack appeared after I burnt the rest of my crystals this morning.

Im talking in the fleet store, they alternate omegas and mk3 ability mats
  • you get one omega every day for dailies. So that's 30 a month. They run omega battles several times a month. So probably another 10 or so from there. They drop in the abilty mat challenges. Probably 10 a month there with bad rng. Then you get 2 for the mythic events that run a couple of times a week. So 4 a week or 15 or 20 from there a month.

Now I do well in fleet and buy zetas from the fleet store and can do all the zeta events. And I get 40 or 45 a month.

But you can easily get 60 omegas a month. A zeta ability costs 20 zetas and 13 to 16 omegas. So you get enough omegas to keep up with your zetas and then plus some even if my estimates are high.

But you don't get enough to omega every ability and not run out. But I also can't 7 star every character because I need the shards for that. And I can't bring every character to level 85 because the credit cost. Omegas are the same as every other resource. You can't upgrade every ability but have to choose which ones are worth it.
  • aijtdna89cpe.jpg

Where the mk3 is avail for 500, they alternate omegas there
  • Thank you, I buy those. But what I am trying to say is that they are not there everyday, ok. Sometimes they are not available for days, other than completing dailies. I feel they should be more readily available & that they would be highly utilized. That is all. I know where they are & where they aren't. They say they are jn Cantina nodes, but I spent over 1600 energy, not recieving one. Thank you everybody for letting me know where they can be found. What I am trying to say is that it is not enough, or else it is way too inconsistent. Thank you
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    you get one omega every day for dailies. So that's 30 a month. They run omega battles several times a month. So probably another 10 or so from there. They drop in the abilty mat challenges. Probably 10 a month there with bad rng. Then you get 2 for the mythic events that run a couple of times a week. So 4 a week or 15 or 20 from there a month.

Now I do well in fleet and buy zetas from the fleet store and can do all the zeta events. And I get 40 or 45 a month.

But you can easily get 60 omegas a month. A zeta ability costs 20 zetas and 13 to 16 omegas. So you get enough omegas to keep up with your zetas and then plus some even if my estimates are high.

But you don't get enough to omega every ability and not run out. But I also can't 7 star every character because I need the shards for that. And I can't bring every character to level 85 because the credit cost. Omegas are the same as every other resource. You can't upgrade every ability but have to choose which ones are worth it.

30 a month, or even 60 is not enough. There are over 140 toons & many of them need 30 mats to themselves. 30 a month would equate to over 30 years of collecting omegas. I understand that is not the exact case. I am just stating, that there is not a good start for debate there
    I am now certainly paying closer attention to where I place them, which I find very unfortunate. What I am saying is that there needs to more access to them & or be more consistent with the distribution.
    The name of the game is compete, but only be as competitive as we allow, also unfortunate. The ground battle that lasts for over a half an hour for 2 omegas is straight up garbage also. Not nearly worth the reward as omegas arent really that great. You just need them to complete Zeta.
    after 2 years of this, I just feel that the distribution & ratio or rations, whatever a person calls it, is over do for re-evaluation.
  • This is a resource management game if you can't manage on approx. 60 omegas per month you need to look at how fast you are spending them and where you can cut back
    you get one omega every day for dailies. So that's 30 a month. They run omega battles several times a month. So probably another 10 or so from there. They drop in the abilty mat challenges. Probably 10 a month there with bad rng. Then you get 2 for the mythic events that run a couple of times a week. So 4 a week or 15 or 20 from there a month.

30 a month, or even 60 is not enough. There are over 140 toons & many of them need 30 mats to themselves. 30 a month would equate to over 30 years of collecting omegas. I understand that is not the exact case. I am just stating, that there is not a good start for debate there
    I am now certainly paying closer attention to where I place them, which I find very unfortunate. What I am saying is that there needs to more access to them & or be more consistent with the distribution.
    The name of the game is compete, but only be as competitive as we allow, also unfortunate. The ground battle that lasts for over a half an hour for 2 omegas is straight up garbage also. Not nearly worth the reward as omegas arent really that great. You just need them to complete Zeta.
    after 2 years of this, I just feel that the distribution & ratio or rations, whatever a person calls it, is over do for re-evaluation.

What ground battle lasts a half an hour? I beat the mythic yoda all tiers and the imperial mythic event all tiers in less than half an hour. If you're grinding to beat it and it takes that long, your team needs some work.

I don't think you're meant to max omega every toon. The reasin there are so many toons is because people have different preferences and they want to apeal to as many as possible. Trying to collect and max every character is madness unless you're a mega cracken.

As far as the rate of omegas, it isn't all that bad and I keep up with omegas just fine without buying any. I do follow a few guidelines.

One, I typically dont omega abilities unless I seven star the character. Obviously, there are exceptions if you use a less than 7 star character in some area of the game but I usually don't. I have enough 7 stars for tb and in the tw most of my under 7 star characters are useless against the 80k plus teams we see. And less than 7 stars are useless in the raids.

Second, I usually get them geared up past g9 or so before I worry about putting omegas or zetas on them. The gear is more of a hurdle than the omegas so by the time a character is g10 or g11, I have enough omegas. Zetas, I have to be a bit more choosy.

Also I make sure they are level 85 but I usually do that before gearing them.

Following those guidelines, and only omegaing abilities that are useful, I really don't run out. I currently have 30 or so and 10 zeta mats. And no omega I'm dying to put on a toon. My best toons have their omegas and the ones I'm building aren't ready due to gear anyway.

Also, I believe there are ability mat packs you can buy that give out omegas. But they are expensive. That's how krackens have all the g12 and fully omegaed rosters. Only ability material you can't buy with crystals or money are zetas.
  • Gcdevil wrote: »
    This is a resource management game if you can't manage on approx. 60 omegas per month you need to look at how fast you are spending them and where you can cut back

Actually, I forgot tw or tb rewards. I don't remember how many they drop but that probably puts it closer to 70 or 75 a month.

What ground battle lasts a half an hour? I beat the mythic yoda all tiers and the imperial mythic event all tiers in less than half an hour. If you're grinding to beat it and it takes that long, your team needs some work.

I don't think you're meant to max omega every toon. The reasin there are so many toons is because people have different preferences and they want to apeal to as many as possible. Trying to collect and max every character is madness unless you're a mega cracken.

As far as the rate of omegas, it isn't all that bad and I keep up with omegas just fine without buying any. I do follow a few guidelines.

One, I typically dont omega abilities unless I seven star the character. Obviously, there are exceptions if you use a less than 7 star character in some area of the game but I usually don't. I have enough 7 stars for tb and in the tw most of my under 7 star characters are useless against the 80k plus teams we see. And less than 7 stars are useless in the raids.

Second, I usually get them geared up past g9 or so before I worry about putting omegas or zetas on them. The gear is more of a hurdle than the omegas so by the time a character is g10 or g11, I have enough omegas. Zetas, I have to be a bit more choosy.

Following those guidelines, and only omegaing abilities that are useful, I really don't run out. I currently have 30 or so and 10 zeta mats. And no omega I'm dying to put on a toon. My best toons have their omegas and the ones I'm building aren't ready due to gear anyway.

Also, I believe there are ability mat packs you can buy that give out omegas. But they are expensive. That's how krackens have all the g12 and fully omegaed rosters. Only ability material you can't buy with crystals or money are zetas.

There are 8 battles, if that is the military might or what ever you want to call it? If you complete every level in an average of 3 minutes, I think it takes me longer, but that is 24 minutes without load up time.
    Personally I could care less anybody's opinion of me & my thought that there needs to be more of any item. This is the means of communication that they have put forth, publicly so that I am open to ridicule for wanting more for what I pay for. If I had one on one capabilities I would never post anything here. But this is the chosen avenue. Thank you everybody for you ideas & concepts for conservation.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Gcdevil wrote: »
    This is a resource management game if you can't manage on approx. 60 omegas per month you need to look at how fast you are spending them and where you can cut back

Or maybe if you like to be complacent, keep it to yourself

There are 8 battles, if that is the military might or what ever you want to call it? If you complete every level in an average of 3 minutes, I think it takes me longer, but that is 24 minutes without load up time.

It shouldn’t take three minutes per wave unless you have a bad team or an undergeared one. Each of the first three tiers took me about 5 minutes on manual for all eight waves.

Responding to your original point, if you’re not going to buy omegas then you’ll have to deal with not getting as many as you need like the rest of us. But if I had to choose two resources to be more available and accessible, they would be omegas and stun guns. Maybe credits.
  • you get one omega every day for dailies. So that's 30 a month. They run omega battles several times a month. So probably another 10 or so from there. They drop in the abilty mat challenges. Probably 10 a month there with bad rng. Then you get 2 for the mythic events that run a couple of times a week. So 4 a week or 15 or 20 from there a month.

You forgot to add that you need to go through an omega to get to the zeta so that makes it 18-21 per zeta ability.

Not to mention if you're adding a zeta then you're probably invested in that character for a reason so a single character with 4 or 5 abilities will cost anywhere from 33-41 omegas per 20 zeta.

Now we move on to this over reliability on squads so it's often not just about choosing one character to omega but several to create a squad that is actually worth using. A squad of 5 even with only one zeta and a couple of 3 ability toons will still cost on the area of 100-120 omegas.

That's five toons out of 150 odd, so no it's not about maxing EVERY ability on EVERY toon like the dismissive claim. With TB, TW, HSR, Legendaries etc the game is about squads of 5, not making choices on individual toons.

It's getting rarer and rarer to see a mash of different toons from different factions in a team that actually works so the debate goes beyond choosing which individual toons to ability up.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @JaggedJ

There is no single ability that has omegas at level 7 then a Zeta at level 8. Level 8 is EITHER a 3 or 5-cost omega or a Zeta (requiring 10,13, or 16 omegas).
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @JaggedJ

There is no single ability that has omegas at level 7 then a Zeta at level 8. Level 8 is EITHER a 3 or 5-cost omega or a Zeta (requiring 10,13, or 16 omegas).

How many does it take when a Zeta ability is added? You are being presumptive as to my understanding of the game, as well the comment has no relevance to the simple subject that Omegas are not readily available.

It shouldn’t take three minutes per wave unless you have a bad team or an undergeared one. Each of the first three tiers took me about 5 minutes on manual for all eight waves.

Responding to your original point, if you’re not going to buy omegas then you’ll have to deal with not getting as many as you need like the rest of us. But if I had to choose two resources to be more available and accessible, they would be omegas and stun guns. Maybe credits.

Maybe your comment alone describes farming & why anybody trying to be competitive would want access to omegas. I really dont know if you are arguing with me or helping with the point?

I auto the first 3 tiers of the military might so probably takes 2 min or so per tier. The mythic takes prob 10 min on manual if you're careful. Then there are 3 battles for the yoda one. One is simable and the second is easy to auto if you have one good team. And the mythic isn't bad if you have jedi developed. So about 10 min for all 3. That is 26 min if you add it up so all tge events in 30 min is easily doable with developed teams.

And the rewards are a lot of shards, mods, and two omegas. So not terrible.

But if it takes you 30 min or more just for the mythic due to not having the team developed, and we've all been there, then it's reasonable to skip it for now and miss the two omegas but they are still available.

The point I was making is that it eventually gets much quicker to get the omega rewards once you develop your roster.

I auto the first 3 tiers of the military might so probably takes 2 min or so per tier. The mythic takes prob 10 min on manual if you're careful. Then there are 3 battles for the yoda one. One is simable and the second is easy to auto if you have one good team. And the mythic isn't bad if you have jedi developed. So about 10 min for all 3. That is 26 min if you add it up so all tge events in 30 min is easily doable with developed teams.

And the rewards are a lot of shards, mods, and two omegas. So not terrible.

But if it takes you 30 min or more just for the mythic due to not having the team developed, and we've all been there, then it's reasonable to skip it for now and miss the two omegas but they are still available.

The point I was making is that it eventually gets much quicker to get the omega rewards once you develop your roster.

I mean, I recently traversed 2 mil gp & have been playing for some time. I get what everybody is trying to say. That doesn't mean that I should feel ashamed for expecting a little more for what I (& everybody for that matter) pay for. My roster is definitely not the best. I rank within the top 50 of my shard. But in a previous comment, you confirmed that omegas are something that you would like to see more of. Well here I am asking for just that, for you as well as for me