Zisas or Hoda for STR?

I recently saw that a team consisting of Qi'ra (L), Zaalbar, zMission, and zYHan deals some great damage in STR. I've been testing the team out and it's really fun already, though I haven't applied of the zetas (just in case I don't want to invest that heavily yet). The team I saw had Hoda in it, but I wanted to know whether Visas would be a better option (with her zeta would be an insane amount of assist attacks AND she makes up for Yoda's healing and can revive) or whether I should stick to Yoda.

Zisas or Hoda for STR? 16 votes

Visas + Zeta
37%
Zombie961CCyrilSCombatCommander7DarkHunter0923Ron_ONeal35MagicMatthews99 6 votes
Hoda (not necessarily needing a zeta)
62%
Aycee1BrtStlndCesare_SwiftTheJEFFtmᎦϮཇɑᏧץℋཪgℌCt214476Mookow23DaPowerfulJediSithTrio_POXxDougyDougyxX 10 votes

Replies

• Visas + Zeta
    In regards to sith raid alone Visas, overall I'd go Yoda
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Visas for p1, hoda for p2
  • Hoda (not necessarily needing a zeta)
    With Hoda being able to escape, he’s far better for HSR. Visas was superior in P1 until the changes. She does a ton of damage yes but she also speeds up DN a lot. Before it was worth it, now the original JTR setup can do the same damage if not more. Hoda is a winner all around and if you can get him to escape, which isn’t hard, he can be used in multiple teams.
    Visas does not work on p2, because cycles. Visas does work great with JTR in p1, where no debuffs applied frequently.
    and for the team you are talking about, the only option is Hoda. you want the assists, you want the health equalization, you want the protection regain. Visas won't do anything close to Hoda in that team.
    by the way, it is NOT easy team. need Zeta on mission at least to deal high damage, and need high gear to do nice damage. however, good team. yesterday i did (when i was tired) first time with Scoundrels, and already high damage. surely with some tweaking on mods and practice i'll get to 4-5M eventually.
    anyway, for your question - for that team, HODA ONLY. the team plays on assists and protection regain on zaal, hoda is a perfect match there.
    Screenshot_2018-11-02-03-30-06-176_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png
  • The squad you're discussing is for p2 - and Visas is terrible there. Sion's stacks of Pain count as debuffs and shut off Visas' assists, yet she can't dispel them with her basic.
  • With Hoda being able to escape, he’s far better for HSR. Visas was superior in P1 until the changes. She does a ton of damage yes but she also speeds up DN a lot. Before it was worth it, now the original JTR setup can do the same damage if not more. Hoda is a winner all around and if you can get him to escape, which isn’t hard, he can be used in multiple teams.

I have a JTR team and do fine, I'm looking to branch into a second team in order to place even higher.

Can you specify why she was better before the changes, because I thought they were really only a nerf for Nihilus?
    HK666 wrote: »
    Visas for p1, hoda for p2
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    In regards to sith raid alone Visas, overall I'd go Yoda

My Hoda is already leveled and all, but my Visas is G11 and I just want to know which would be better in that particular team in p1 and p2, (obviously they wouldn't work very well against Traya at all).
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    The squad you're discussing is for p2 - and Visas is terrible there. Sion's stacks of Pain count as debuffs and shut off Visas' assists, yet she can't dispel them with her basic.

I was unaware of this, I've never thrown her into p2, and I'm glad I haven't. Thank you for letting me know, she's just completely nerfed there. I'll leave her in with Resistance for P1.
    Visas does not work on p2, because cycles. Visas does work great with JTR in p1, where no debuffs applied frequently.
    and for the team you are talking about, the only option is Hoda. you want the assists, you want the health equalization, you want the protection regain. Visas won't do anything close to Hoda in that team.
    by the way, it is NOT easy team. need Zeta on mission at least to deal high damage, and need high gear to do nice damage. however, good team. yesterday i did (when i was tired) first time with Scoundrels, and already high damage. surely with some tweaking on mods and practice i'll get to 4-5M eventually.
    anyway, for your question - for that team, HODA ONLY. the team plays on assists and protection regain on zaal, hoda is a perfect match there.
    Screenshot_2018-11-02-03-30-06-176_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row.png

I understand now, thank you. If she wasn't shut down by Cycles, she would've been a viable option because she calls many more assists and would lead to way more damage, while still having great healing and revival. The rest of the team leads to its own prot regen so I'm not sure that's too relevant. I understand what you mean though and I know where my confusion came in. If only it wasn't like that, oh well.

Can you specify why she was better before the changes, because I thought they were really only a nerf for Nihilus?

Taken from changes thread :

Changes to the Raid:
    Let’s start with our changes to Annihilate in Phases 1 and 4 (All Tiers including Heroic). Nihilus’ basic attack will no longer reduce the cooldowns of Drain Force and Annihilate when they remove a buff. Guessing whether Nihilus was going to attack a buffed ally and then chain into Drain Force was critical to not losing a character early in the fight but it was easy to get caught off guard. Drain Force will still reduce the cooldown of Annihilate but you can predict and counter it with careful use of Unbreakable Will.

So...before, DN’s Cooldowns were reduced with his basic and it was quite hard to time out Annihilate and drain force. So visas not only allowed you to heal up fast but she also added a lot of damage in a short period of time before enrage. Now that the battle has basically been slowed down it’s easier to control his TM and your shield placement with the original JTR team. Visas, although doing a lot of damage, adds a ton of speed to DN every time she attacks which gets you to enrage A LOT faster. Also some times she just doesn’t attack, which will make you have to restart your run and if your guild is anything like mine, P1 is over in 15mins.

Now I still run her for the ease and convenience and I average around 5.6M but I see Jtr teams doing well over 6M with no problem.

• Can you specify why she was better before the changes, because I thought they were really only a nerf for Nihilus?

Taken from changes thread :

Changes to the Raid:
    Let’s start with our changes to Annihilate in Phases 1 and 4 (All Tiers including Heroic). Nihilus’ basic attack will no longer reduce the cooldowns of Drain Force and Annihilate when they remove a buff. Guessing whether Nihilus was going to attack a buffed ally and then chain into Drain Force was critical to not losing a character early in the fight but it was easy to get caught off guard. Drain Force will still reduce the cooldown of Annihilate but you can predict and counter it with careful use of Unbreakable Will.

So...before, DN’s Cooldowns were reduced with his basic and it was quite hard to time out Annihilate and drain force. So visas not only allowed you to heal up fast but she also added a lot of damage in a short period of time before enrage. Now that the battle has basically been slowed down it’s easier to control his TM and your shield placement with the original JTR team. Visas, although doing a lot of damage, adds a ton of speed to DN every time she attacks which gets you to enrage A LOT faster. Also some times she just doesn’t attack, which will make you have to restart your run and if your guild is anything like mine, P1 is over in 15mins.

Now I still run her for the ease and convenience and I average around 5.6M but I see Jtr teams doing well over 6M with no problem.

Ahh I get it, that does make sense then. I really appreciate this, thank you!