Fleet arena and 2% dodge chance

Why in the world 2% dodge chance in fleet arena feels like 70% dodge chance ? Please explain how 4* Hound's Tooth or 7* Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing can dodge 5 times in a single match while there are no buffs on them (such as foresight) or debuffs on attackers (such as accuracy down). And this happens on regular bases, i got opponent 3 dodges average per match. HOW ?

Replies

• Options
    And Biggs' 30% crit chance feels more like 2%.

Hmmm, I sense an Impreial plot. ;)
  • Options
    Will any1 explain or what ?
  • Options
    They can't see how it is overpowered. So Dodge more Dodge less... Maybe in two years...
  • Options
    Its not like op or somethin, its about the chance. 2% is so piny, like 1 of 50... how every battle it happens few times ? HOW?
  • Options
    Subjective observation is potentially flawed and thus doesn't count for much.

If you could take video, review it to confirm that something seems amiss and post your evidence, you might get somewhere.
  • Options
    Or my favorite, the triple ability block from the Executrix opener. 70% chance per ship so it should happen once every three matches, and that's without taking resists into account.

Speaking of resists - enemy Biggs and enemy HT consistently resisting my HT's breach...

Such is the way of fleet arena.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Subjective observation is potentially flawed and thus doesn't count for much.

If you could take video, review it to confirm that something seems amiss and post your evidence, you might get somewhere.

So with only 2% Dodge Chance you find AI's HT dodging 3-4 times (with no buffs) in a single encounter to be normal?
    Please point out the sentence where I say that. Take your time, I'll wait...
  • Options
    also, "while HT is active breached enemies have -25% evasion" is a lie.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    chorbalan wrote: »
    also, "while HT is active breached enemies have -25% evasion" is a lie.

It's bugged! I breached the enemy's ITF and it still dodged my attack without having any buffs on it.

ITF has 25.25% evasion when fully maxed, 0.25% chance that the ITF dodges when breached, so the fact that it did dodge doesn't actually make it bugged. Now I'm not saying I believe it's working correctly, but it can technically happen legitimately.
  • Options
    It's possible there's a base dodge chance similar to the 15% base resist chance. I've noticed a lot of dodges myself. I can't say whether my biased perceptions aren't playing tricks on ne. I just take consolation we're all playing by the same rules whatever they may be.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Depends how that -25% is applied

25.25 * 0.75 = 18.9375% evasion if they apply it that way.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Options
    It’s bugged. If you read the mechanics it actually gives -25% accuracy instead of -25% evasion. Which is also related to why the HT is dodging so much.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    The HT is dodging? I haven't seen it dodge any more than any other non TF or Spy ship.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH