BB-8 Stats Make No Sense

BB-8’s basic attack, the only one that deals damage, deals physical damage. My BB-8 is currently gear 9 and 7 stars, and it deals 2061 physical damage and 3262 special damage. Why in the world would the gear required for this droid increase a stat that is totally useless? Can someone explain this?

Replies

• Bb8 isn’t there as an attacker, just support, all of its attack values are pointless, just make it fast as you can and use it to speed everything else up and trigger ID...
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    TAC gear increases both his physical and special damage. As said above, he should rarely be using his basic anyway, and when he does there's a good chance he'll be popping exposes
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    not to forget: with his basic attack he inflicts tenacity down and he inflicts daze, if the opponent already has tenacity down.
    with his zetas he calls an (resistance-)assist in 80% he attacks out of turn.

he can be a beast!
    he taunts in a droid team and can heal the others.
  • You are not answering the question. He already knows BB is not for attacking. He is asking why the gear required is for an attacker and BB is not an attacker.

But CG wants your money.
  • Hermit Yoda.
  • T3-M4 only makes special damage.
  • When I'm feeling generous I imagine it's for balance reasons. If every gear piece improved a stat relevant to BB8 then his final stats would probably be way OP. I imagine the same reasoning went into GMY's 2nd G12+ piece - he already does massive amounts of damage so another special damage piece would bring him out of line with where they want him to be.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • You are not answering the question. He already knows BB is not for attacking. He is asking why the gear required is for an attacker and BB is not an attacker.

But CG wants your money.

If you look at the gear BB-8 needs on swgoh.gg, you’ll see that it’s mostly strength, which gives armor and hp. After that, it’s mostly tactics, which increases both physical and special damage.

After THAT it’s almost all stuff that increases physical damage.

Long story short, BB-8’s physical damage is where it should be for a support character that mostky attacks via counterattacks. Where its special damage is is irrelevant.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.