Status of the GameChanger program?

Prev134
I just noticed that every GameChanger I could think of removed the "GameChanger"/"Sponsored by EA"/etc stuff from their YouTube headers. Not all of them had it but many did, and it's all gone now. With the total radio silence over the loss of the test accounts, at this point, I have to wonder - is the program disbanded entirely?

If so, radio silence on it is not cool. @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie - the players deserve an answer. What is the status of the GameChanger program?

Replies

• do you really expect any sort of reply from them?
  • Why players deserve an answer?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • This thread is going to be soooo silent ....
  • I think it is ending. Because of that, plus the road ahead, I thought they would abandon the game. But no, they said the road ahead is coming soon so I’m not worried about that.
    What I’m extremely worried about is the probable end to the game changers program. They’re test accounts are needed for most of their videos...
    I AM the High Ground
  • sweeping-all-my-problems-under-the-rug-is-the-only-time-i-do-any-type-of-cleaning-l-som-ee-cards-khYIk.jpg
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    I think it is ending. Because of that, plus the road ahead, I thought they would abandon the game. But no, they said the road ahead is coming soon so I’m not worried about that.
    What I’m extremely worried about is the probable end to the game changers program. They’re test accounts are needed for most of their videos...

Heaven forbid they have to actually farm and gear up the characters like everyone else if they want to use them. It will be great if the people who get to show off the characters/teams etc are the people who actually took the leap and invested their own resources into them.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Maybe this is a kind of “punishment” after the Revan fiasco. They weren’t excited enough. Very sad indeed.
    I think it is ending. Because of that, plus the road ahead, I thought they would abandon the game. But no, they said the road ahead is coming soon so I’m not worried about that.

Heaven forbid they have to actually farm and gear up the characters like everyone else if they want to use them. It will be great if the people who get to show off the characters/teams etc are the people who actually took the leap and invested their own resources into them.

You really don't get the concept of a test account, do you...

Pretty sure the GC program was killed because the biggest channels were all critical of the Revan launch.

Not surprising, feel like something is changing here that is considerably less player friendly.
  • Oh man, everyone will have to think for themselves now! What will we do now!?!? How will we go on living when we cant watch ahnold say "gucci gang" over and over?

Pretty sure the GC program was killed because the biggest channels were all critical of the Revan launch.

Not surprising, feel like something is changing here that is considerably less player friendly.

Simple for me. Not player friendly? I become not wallet friendly and downright credit card hostile. CG/EA wants my (past) couple hundred a month, they better start doing what companies with their big boy pants on do and take care of their customers.
  • ÌN_Algorìthm
    77 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dominating their arena without those test accounts wiil be tough. Having a maxed account for free wasnt fair. Gear 13 against gear 12 was OP.
  • What is up, guys? Welcome to my video.
    [jump cut]
    Why were
    [jump cut]
    the GameChangers removed?
    [ten seconds of silence]
    Their videos were bad.
    [powerpoint clipart level graphics]
    Be sure to rate, review, subscribe, and comment in the section below.
    [iris out]
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    tanki60o wrote: »

How will it help CGs case in any positive way though? Now that they are not sponsored, they'll be even more freeminded and critical of the future events.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    tanki60o wrote: »

How will it help CGs case in any positive way though? Now that they are not sponsored, they'll be even more freeminded and critical of the future events.

They won't be getting advance information that's supposed to be confidential and for testing purposes only, which 100% gets leaked weeks in advance.
  • The youtubers dedicate themselves to create content of quality. If this kind of journalism should not be wanted by CG, both parties are better off without those ties. Its not like those guys are their outsourced PR section and CG wont have to reveal confidential news to third party members before the actual release.

Maybe we wont see new videos as frequently as before, but e.g. McMole2 never had access to a test account (correct me if Im wrong) yet his videos have always been of high quality and fun to watch.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    SebPovic wrote: »
    The youtubers dedicate themselves to create content of quality. If this kind of journalism should not be wanted by CG, both parties are better off without those ties. Its not like those guys are their outsourced PR section and CG wont have to reveal confidential news to third party members before the actual release.

Maybe we wont see new videos as frequently as before, but e.g. McMole2 never had access to a test account (correct me if Im wrong) yet his videos have always been of high quality and fun to watch.

McMole was a GC once and got dropped not long after he made a video critical of CG. He was told the video was not the reason for his dismissal. He still posts without a test account and he is, as you noted, quite entertaining.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I have launched a thread on Reddit on this matter ...
    I have also asked Carrie on Twitter ...
  • Vendraen wrote: »
    I just noticed that every GameChanger I could think of removed the "GameChanger"/"Sponsored by EA"/etc stuff from their YouTube headers. Not all of them had it but many did, and it's all gone now. With the total radio silence over the loss of the test accounts, at this point, I have to wonder - is the program disbanded entirely?

If so, radio silence on it is not cool. @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie - the players deserve an answer. What is the status of the GameChanger program?

Whatever the reason it is none of our business. Simple guess, they have parted ways. All 90% of the members here did was complain about them.
  • I've left comments on their videos and no replies
  • they are not allowed to say why, we have several CG's on discord, we have asked them and been told by each that they are not allowed to... so unless CG or EA decide to explain there will be nothing said
  • Vendraen wrote: »

Whatever the reason it is none of our business. Simple guess, they have parted ways. All 90% of the members here did was complain about them.

Exactly. I always hated the GCs who had pre info and test accounts, which they used only to benefit themselves and their guild, plus gain some monetary revenue for doing absolutely nothing.*

*Yes, they recorded some footage, but lets be honest, every single person could do it.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    The game is beeing sold to Blizzard ?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Dominating their arena without those test accounts wiil be tough. Having a maxed account for free wasnt fair. Gear 13 against gear 12 was OP.

Ummm they were on a test arena shard too. There was no domination of any arena going on there

• You really don't get the concept of a test account, do you...

You must not have tested many games. Test servers are primarily for finding bugs before that content becomes live. Not for testing what builds might be the next meta and making YouTube videos about it.
    I think you are the one who doesn't understand the concept of a test account.
  • Germi wrote: »
    The game is beeing sold to Blizzard ?

I think before anything like that were to happen, SWGOH would be taken over by Bioware.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I've left comments on their videos and no replies

Ehh they respond to me just fine.

Warrior even goes out of his way to give advise if hes asked.

That said, they will continue on without changers accounts. Cubs wont be able to do 1v1 tourney and the guy who does max damage wont be able to do that....

Otherwise opinions will continue and like said above for mcmole2... good content will still come.
  • SebPovic wrote: »
    The youtubers dedicate themselves to create content of quality.

Pull the other one, it’s got bells on.

I don’t want a test account that reveals all the answers, or a lot of the answers, before the characters are even out. I want people to have to discover teams themselves and then those who take the risk and spend resources to find a specific team get the prestige of showing it off.
  • Getting rid of Gamechangers will be a great idea if that's the plan.

Then we can enjoy and learn from some independent sources rather than swallowing the EA-sanctioned and approved blue pill.
  • Considering that the GC program is likely going down due to critiques of Revan, the argument that they were CG shills kind of falls flat.

The point is that they were a source of community and entertainment outside of the constant adolescent bickering of the forums and reddit. They have sizable followings and produced some solid theory crafting along the way.

I have no doubt they will still produce content, but relegating theory crafting to Krakens only is not a good thing.
This discussion has been closed.