ready for the next meta???

reizse
1447 posts Member
inb4 a new hero is released with a leader skill that reduces all enemy speed by 25. basic has a chance to reduce max hp and special is an aoe that also applies evasion up for all allies on crit. this new hero also has a chance to apply ability block on a random enemy at the start of its turn and has 150 base speed.

but really I almost want this to happen, even at the cost of all the speed meta adopters tears of frustration (including my own) and the nerf threads showing up. also included is the obligatory team [iN] showcase at 70 7* tier 8 within a day or two of release. oh yeah this hero is challenge exclusive and requires a full empire team to complete.

joke post, but how long do you think the speed and damage will be the meta? unless a rework of skills is done before 2 level cap raises, qgj will be the de facto leader in every arena team comp
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Eventually it will happen.

Speed meta happened to counter droid teams. Now speed team can beat any droid team easily.

Now Arena is being filled with mainly speed teams. So, the meta will shift soon in next 2-3 months.

Mostly likely are speed reduction toons. They will buff some toons to reduce speed.
  • Qgj too strong. I'd gladly have mine nerfed, just to change things up.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    the thing is, i already see a problem with a speed reduction hero. people would feel obligated to use it if only to counter speed leaders, which is further restricting variety...as some posters have said before, strategy should revolve around RPS, not creating a counter to the current meta, which just results in a counter meta without room to experiment. next thing you know, speed leaders are gone and everyone is using speed reduction heroes just to limit enemy turns and it's just like it is now...everyone running the same leader instead of all running qgj.
    mighty chlorians
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    If EA/CG reduces the overall damage in the game by 30% for example, meta would be switched at all. Slower characters would have a chance to play and use his abilities.

It is not so hard to change/improve the entire gameplay experience, all developers need is to add one operation to final damage formula:

(damage output formula here) * 0.7

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    fberbert wrote: »
    If EA/CG reduces the overall damage in the game by 30% for example, meta would be switched at all. Slower characters would have a chance to play and use his abilities.

It is not so hard to change/improve the entire gameplay experience, all developers need is to add one operation to final damage formula:

(damage output formula here) * 0.7

while i agree with the broader aspect of this change, i wonder about the long-term negative effects. more than anything, i would love to be able to use some slower, more complex heroes. secondly, i would love to be able to use skills that are done with cooldowns because as it is, rarely any skills get reused in a single battle (making the skill ups for -1 cooldown relatively worthless)
    mighty chlorians