ZCD_9915
356 posts Member
edited November 2018
Which helps nightmare more?

https://swgoh.gg/p/817268557/characters/

Crackling Doom or Ebb and Flow? 52 votes

Crackling Doom
32%
HK666ObisaurusJasFonzOnEMesSduPKiDdennishsnyder57VirkoEnerdrizerRey_GreysaberBahumatGodly_GrotatoTypherrionJarvindNihionTheBatmanCrazygone510Mando2RebelEdeded 17 votes
Ebb and Flow
63%
ZtyleAycee1UltraBrtStlndFahriusHuatimusBill0207CombatCommander7Jay_1997_CfloppytechieLighTofHeavenKyJoe_CoolDroidekaRiffinatorUdalCuainTheJEFFtmchionophileMos_Grievous1337NemíPlayZkomji15 33 votes
Neither
3%
VonZantBouu 2 votes

Replies

• Ebb and Flow
    Always Ebb and flow, has helped me a lot in the past.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    Always Ebb and flow, has helped me a lot in the past.

I feel like Palpatine dieing is usually the deciding factor, or at least moreso than Thrawn. Crackling Doom makes Palpatine a lot more durable so...
  • There are situations where ebb and flo is a negative to have.

I never zetaed palp..most likely never will. Tarkin is superior..in my estimation. No denying palp mass stun is nice but in this age of meta it is worthless vs revan. Never lands and gets mass counter.

I never zetaed palp..most likely never will. Tarkin is superior..in my estimation. No denying palp mass stun is nice but in this age of meta it is worthless vs revan. Never lands and gets mass counter.

Zep lead is quite good vs Revan in attack (I was using tarkin lead before).

Zep/tanky traya/gat/sion/nihi makes the job.

Im not in a position to be worrying about Revan
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Crackling Doom
    There are situations where ebb and flo is a negative to have.

Not to be "that guy" but there are places you can use characters other than arena.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ebb and Flow
    Thrawn is one of the best toons in the game. And he's more of an "all-purpose" toon. The best overall between those imo would be Thrawn. It's better use of your time and zetas imo.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Neither
    I would say ebb and flow but really I think there are better places to use a zeta than either of those 2. My answer also depends where you want to use this squad. In STR cackling doom is useless, in arena it’s still kinda useless. I don’t see how extra protection on someone without a lot to begin with helps. Plus adding 5% max protection doesn’t help when there is no recovery (without thrawn) and he is squishy anyways. When I face ZZpalp teams maybe one time does he apply shock and by the time he does (AI does AoE first) he usually doesn’t have protection left.
  • Ebb and Flow
    There are situations where ebb and flo is a negative to have.

Huh? What are these situations that you speak of @Chicagotarsier ? I'm confused. Seriously. lol
  • Ebb and Flow
    Ebb and Flow will also boost your Chimera a bit for Fleet Arena.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Neither
    @KyJoe_Cool it is bad to have ebb and flow in P1 STR. You want less basic attacks and the 100% counter is bad. Much in the same way raid Han is better without his zeta in this phase
  • Ebb and Flow
    Bouu wrote: »
    @KyJoe_Cool it is bad to have ebb and flow in P1 STR. You want less basic attacks and the 100% counter is bad. Much in the same way raid Han is better without his zeta in this phase

Gotcha. Thanks @Bouu Not the remotest concern to me since I already have my zeta'd and gold gear 12 JTR team for phase 1 HSTR. Raid Han should be used in Chex Mix phase 3 and Thrawn should be used in phase 2 btw.
  • Neither
    I used Thrawn and EP on top 50 arena team forever and still havent zetaed either. I dont run that team anymore but they are not necessary.

I never Zetaed my Thrawn because I'm cheap, and now I prefer him slower than enemy Ships in fleet because Phantom, Cassian and Landos Falcon all work better if they reinforce just after the enemy Capital ship reinforces or buffs. So, I'll probably never do it.