Mk4 stun guns in the store

We all have at least 2 things in common playing this game.

1. We all need at least 20 fully crafted mk5 stun guns at all times.

2. We all have at least 1000 mk4 stun gun salvage at all times.

Tonight as I was looking through my favorites and seeing all the mk5 stun guns my characters need I decided to take a look at the store and see if I could speed things up a bit, buy some mk5 stun guns.

So I see 20 pieces for like 500 crystals, and a fully crafted for 1400. I figure I can buy some carbanti and I’ll be ready to get nihilus to g12. So I bought both.

Open my character screen and there’s no green showing up in anyone’s gear. So I look to see if I need that stupid single piece and sure enough, there’s no stun gun.

So I check back in the store and sure enough, I purchased a fully crafted mk4 stun gun for 1400 crystals.

1400 crystals = 20 mk4 salvage

1400 crystals = 50 mk5 salvage

How does that make any sense?

First of all I’m an **** for not looking harder I guess, but **** is a mk4 stun gun doing in the store for 1400 crystals anyways? That’s insane, and very sneaky to skip that in there.

So they got one from me, basically just threw away 15 bucks(Canada) and when I called ea and asked them to just switch it for me, they hung up on me.

Am I the only **** that this has happened to cuz I’d feel much better if not.

This is a serious injustice!!!!!!!

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Joshpod wrote: »
    Am I the only **** that this has happened to cuz I’d feel much better if not.

No you're not I've read others make the same mistake
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Dan @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie

Also when I contacted ea over the phone, the lady I spoke with put me on hold to speak to her supervisor, and came back and told me there’s nothing she can do. I asked to just take back the mk4 and give me a mk5. She said nope you bought it so enjoy! And hung up on me. Like okay, I definitely dropped the ball and should’ve noticed but like, come on cut me some slack. Again if this has happened to anyone else please let me know, either way you guys need to get that 1400 crystal mk4 stun gun out of the store. It’s not even worth a single crystal.

• John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Nobody forced you to click on it. No need to tag the devs
  • Yup that’s a strong arguement and you’re right. But you don’t think it’s lame that they’d have it set up in the store that way? I was definitely careless but they are very shady for having it set up that way in the store. No one would expect to pay 1400 crystals for a mk4 stun gun and they should remove it from the store so it doesn’t happen anymore
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    You're not the first. And won't be the last.
    Just take it as an expensive lesson learnt.

Heck, there was once a female friend double clicked on my screen while I was just trying to get to the Bronzium pack and ended up purchasing some $30 pack. I **** it up like a man and didn't call for a refund or what not.

Edit: Apparently $uck is a bad word. :o
  • Well good for you I’d rather try and do something about it so it doesn’t happen to anyone else, it’s not cool and needs to be changed. No one would actually buy that so why it’s in the store for that price must be a mistake or it’s a trap
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Joshpod wrote: »
    Well good for you I’d rather try and do something about it so it doesn’t happen to anyone else, it’s not cool and needs to be changed. No one would actually buy that so why it’s in the store for that price must be a mistake or it’s a trap
    LaJ9Kmo.gif

• It's a trap.
  • One of my guildies made that mistake, so I have been careful to check what I am buying.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I did it before with those dumb holo projectors...
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I think the better question here are the prices making zero sense.
  • This is just legal scam. What else do you think it is? It is like something you miss in contract if you don't read it carefully.
  • Crystal shop has some such traps. For example 25 pcs of Mk5 detonator salvage is 375 crystals, but fully crafter prototype (=50 pcs) is 1250 or 1273 crystals iirc
  • This used to be an issue. Now that you can see how many you already have, I don't see why it's a problem. If you're about to spend crystals on gear and it shows you 1288 of them, you should probably realize you don't need it.
  • Xezee wrote: »
    Crystal shop has some such traps. For example 25 pcs of Mk5 detonator salvage is 375 crystals, but fully crafter prototype (=50 pcs) is 1250 or 1273 crystals iirc

That's because your gettingn 50 carbanti's with it.

But yeah there are some predatory stuff going on and I get the "whole be careful buyer beware"

But some of the people ITT defending it are pretty meh IMO unless they work for the company then I totally get it
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Or you could just look to see what you have....
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    This used to be an issue. Now that you can see how many you already have, I don't see why it's a problem. If you're about to spend crystals on gear and it shows you 1288 of them, you should probably realize you don't need it.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yup, it's a dirty trick. Only advice I can give you is be on your toes.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF wrote: »
    This used to be an issue. Now that you can see how many you already have, I don't see why it's a problem. If you're about to spend crystals on gear and it shows you 1288 of them, you should probably realize you don't need it.

It’s not pieces it’s fully crafted dummy
  • Dummies
  • Joshpod wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

It’s not pieces it’s fully crafted

Anyone who agrees with shady stuff in an attempt to mislead someone is prob in a moral gray area...

But there is no way they are going to let your post go....just delete it at least that last part quick before the doom hammer
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Alright, at this stage I'm going to close this thread if we're gonna call people names, make claims of it being "shady!" and talk about moderation, the language filter, and so on. This isn't constructive, and it's not okay.
This discussion has been closed.