Remove Clone Helmets in Character Selection Screen

Prev13
Don't know if it's just me but it's pretty much impossible to tell which clone you're picking in the clone selection screen now with their helmets on.

Replies

• We've had years of people asking for the clone helmets to be added so we can tell them apart, and then within days of it happening there are people asking for them to be removed :D
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Probably the case with gar saxon was solved in a better way
  • airdog23 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's just me but it's pretty much impossible to tell which clone you're picking in the clone selection screen now with their helmets on.

They have different colors. Honestly, it's just easier to learn the different colors and go from there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • All 3 of the "similar" blue-ish clones are in different postures in their respective icons...

Cody is yellow. Sergeant looks nothing like the other 4.

I feel it's pretty simple. Now try and pick the right Chewbacca.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    All 3 of the "similar" blue-ish clones are in different postures in their respective icons...

I feel it's pretty simple. Now try and pick the right Chewbacca.

That's easy, Vet Chewy is 7*, CW Chewy is 6, OT Chewy is 5 and Vandor is 3 lol.

But who'd a thunk that telling 4 clones apart might be a bit difficult.
  • Jawas are hardest to tell apart for anyone who doesn't give a **** about them.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Jawas are hardest to tell apart for anyone who doesn't give a **** about them.

Yeah, I can never remember which is which. I also get Spy and Geo soldier’s ships mixed up all the time.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    All 3 of the "similar" blue-ish clones are in different postures in their respective icons...

I feel it's pretty simple.

This was my first thought too...

• Rex has Mando eyes on his helmet and a blue shoulder pauldron on the left. Fives has a double black pauldron and a blue wedge down the center of his helmet. Echo has 2 blue stripes on his helmet and a blue shoulder on his right.

Cody wears a Commander’s visor with all yellow and the Sgt, we shall name Heavy, wears a generation 1 Clone uniform.

Now go google and take the jawa recognition course.
    It's not just you. I'm having a hard time with it... and I only have Fives unlocked. :D
  • Click them, they are holding their helmet under their arms. lol
  • Ok now this is a typical case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t....Oy vey
  • Maybe they should remove the jawas' hoods as well, so there's even less confusion in the game. :D

Yeah, I can never remember which is which. I also get Spy and Geo soldier’s ships mixed up all the time.

Same; many times I've accidentally called in the wrong Geo. as a reinforcement.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • The old icons were pretty hard to tell apart until you got used to them. This one will be hard to tell apart until you get used to them.
    Still not a he.
  • Great thread that completely describes this community! Damned if you do, damned if u don’t. No wonder the devs only listen half the time. They must wonder sometimes, “what is real?”.
  • They need to redo the clone model themselves because the colors are way off between the helmet and the clone himself. It makes the helmets look tacky.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I believe your only confusion is with the 3 blue Clones.
    Rex: looking down to your right , has a scanner on his helmet
    5s: looking up to your left, has a red dot triangle in the center of his helmet
    Echo: looking straight at you, has a blue Mohawk.
    Cody is yellow
    Sargent is green

All good?
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The old icons were pretty hard to tell apart until you got used to them. This one will be hard to tell apart until you get used to them.
    Hey now, let's not be making logical points on an Internet forum! :p
  • While we are at it, we need to have the option of removing jango's head in the presence of windu too
  • KueChael wrote: »
    Cody is yellow
    Sargent is green

All good?

And the Jawas?
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Demo1ition wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    Cody is yellow
    Sargent is green

All good?

And the Jawas?

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/friday-fun-find-the-jawa/

And in case the game won’t load:
    d2usg9lek3g1.jpeg

I agree. I like their helmets in the game. But they should be without helmets in selection screen.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Keep the helmets and add when selecting a voice that say “Rex” or character name.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    We've had years of people asking for the clone helmets to be added so we can tell them apart, and then within days of it happening there are people asking for them to be removed :D

It's extra funny to me because I chimed in on every clone helmet thread I could find about how it would be a bad idea. I actually like how they look in battle, and on their specific screen, but it looks awful on the inventory screen, and I agree it makes them harder to tell apart. If they were any good I would figure it out, but I'll never gear them or use them, so what's the point?
  • Jawas are harder to tell apart in my opinion.

The helmets are all very unique. You will get used to it.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    airdog23 wrote: »

The helmets are all very unique. You will get used to it.

Only if they get reworks. Otherwise there's no reason to use them anywhere.