Night Sister Issue

Hey everyone,

just wondered if it’s just me or is NS becomming more frequent in GW? I think what makes it worse is no matter who you attack first they instantly respawn with full health, just had to try n fight this team and no matter who I use to attack them be it empire or jedis I’m getting whipped out almost every time so I’m having to retreat, what the deal with this team? Over done just a little bit don’t you think? Fair enough let them respawn but no matter who the leader is they are always respawn, it’s Becoming a bit of a joke now and is really starting to get on my last nurves, anyone else think the same?

duhi5m0dcgww.png

Replies

• Believe it or not it could be worse, at least it doesn't include Talzin.

Do you have Boba Fett handy? His Execute ability blocks revive.
  • Yeah I’ve had talzin a few time. Saw this n thought “ohh this NS team doesn’t look too bad” then played it... how wrong I was! Lol

Yeah got a bobba but don’t think his gear is high enough to make a dint.. I think it’s more the fact there all able to regenerate no matter the leader, it would make sense if it was a leader ability but how it stands - regenerating no matter who the NS are is a bit of a kill joy for the GW.

Don’t get me wrong I’d happily lose a couple of teams if it ment I could win it but as it stands I don’t even make a dint...

Here’s what toons I’ve got but keep in mind only Jedi & empire have a high dmg output...

https://swgoh.gg/p/282957497/characters/

Any help on a team to take them out would be very appritiated but I do think the devs should have another look at them and perhaps put the reviving into one of their leader abilities...
  • Mykie wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve had talzin a few time. Saw this n thought “ohh this NS team doesn’t look too bad” then played it... how wrong I was! Lol

Yeah got a bobba but don’t think his gear is high enough to make a dint.. I think it’s more the fact there all able to regenerate no matter the leader, it would make sense if it was a leader ability but how it stands - regenerating no matter who the NS are is a bit of a kill joy for the GW.

Don’t get me wrong I’d happily lose a couple of teams if it ment I could win it but as it stands I don’t even make a dint...

Here’s what toons I’ve got but keep in mind only Jedi & empire have a high dmg output...

https://swgoh.gg/p/282957497/characters/

Any help on a team to take them out would be very appritiated but I do think the devs should have another look at them and perhaps put the reviving into one of their leader abilities...

Both your empire team and jedi team need work to be effective.

Your ep is under geared. And you likely should get thrawn to make the team work better. Ep, vader, thrawn, nihilas, and sion can handle ns with ease. You could sub sion for tarkin and thrawn for tfp until you get them but that us the best ep team at least until you get traya.

For jedi, you are still running quigon and mace. I would start gearing ezra immediately and drop mace, that is assuming he doesn't get an amazing rework. Eventually, hoda will be great but is hard to farm so quigon will have to do until then.
  • Hermit Yoda is hoda right? I’m 15 shards away from him so I’ll soon be replacing mace with him :) yeah Phoenix team I’m slowly getting unlocked lol very slowly, got OR on farm as my main farming team at present. But will take the advice n go look at what I can do, I use tarkin as my leader as he’s got the +15 speed I think it is. :)
    Hermit Yoda is hoda right? I’m 15 shards away from him so I’ll soon be replacing mace with him :) yeah Phoenix team I’m slowly getting unlocked lol very slowly, got OR on farm as my main farming team at present. But will take the advice n go look at what I can do, I use tarkin as my leader as he’s got the +15 speed I think it is. :)

Getting revan will definitely help but who knows how long it'll be before the event comes back. But I think Phoenix, except for sabine, are in the various stores. So shouldn't interfere too much with revan farm. And you can do the other 5 and skip sabine. I still don't have her 7 star. But ezra is good in jedi teams so if you have hoda or will soon, gear ezra and replace quigon.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Talia in that team is quite weak. Kill her twice fast to get rid of the two revives from zombie's unique. After that I'd kill zombie first repeatedly until at zero speed, then Daka, Asajj etc.

I believe zEP lead with Vader, TFP and Tarkin would do the trick.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Talia in that team is quite weak. Kill her twice fast to get rid of the two revives from zombie's unique. After that I'd kill zombie first repeatedly until at zero speed, then Daka, Asajj etc.

I believe zEP lead with Vader, TFP and Tarkin would do the trick.

Ahh, so they only get to revive twice n it’s because of the zombie they revive? No matter who it is... this is handy to know as I couldn’t find anything to show how they revive. Thanks @Waqui !
    Mykie wrote: »
    Hermit Yoda is hoda right? I’m 15 shards away from him so I’ll soon be replacing mace with him :) yeah Phoenix team I’m slowly getting unlocked lol very slowly, got OR on farm as my main farming team at present. But will take the advice n go look at what I can do, I use tarkin as my leader as he’s got the +15 speed I think it is. :)

Getting revan will definitely help but who knows how long it'll be before the event comes back. But I think Phoenix, except for sabine, are in the various stores. So shouldn't interfere too much with revan farm. And you can do the other 5 and skip sabine. I still don't have her 7 star. But ezra is good in jedi teams so if you have hoda or will soon, gear ezra and replace quigon.

Yeah only 4 out of the 5 are farmable in the shops,
    Ezra in ship arena store
    Janan in squad arena store
    Chopper in cantina store
    And zeb in GW store slowly getting them, got zeb and chopper at 7 just not geared, well none of them are geared lol. Thanks for the info @DarkHelmet1138 matey!

I do think they need to make this reviving lark more clear in the stats though but now I know they can only revive twice that’s very handy to know. Cheers everyone for the help, I was getting very high rate last night with this match haha. :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You're welcome :—)

Good luck with them.
  • Ended up having to restart TW, there speed was no match for me. lol.
    Ended up having to restart TW, there speed was no match for me. lol.

I think you mean GW mate. :) If guilds could restart their TW then there'd be a lot of that I'm sure. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

I think you mean GW mate. :) If guilds could restart their TW then there'd be a lot of that I'm sure. ;)

:blush::blush::blush: My mistake XD haha.
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

:blush::blush::blush: My mistake XD haha.

No worries my friend. haha :)
  • Ok so i restarted that GW completed yesterdays (no NS in site!) but today i have the team - Talzin lead, acolyte, ventress daka & zombie..... I killed daka twice, stops her from been revived straight away, however now its doing what i think is "papering" - Where she revived just to attack then dies straight after then revives again to attack then dies straight after, then 3rd time she revived killed a toon of mine n stays alive, What the heck!? I thought that was reworked last month or something, taking that out because of how much of a joke it was becoming...... Anyone got any insite on this?

@KyJoe_Cool & @Waqui ?? Really doing my head in this lark with NS... Over done or what!
    Ok so i restarted that GW completed yesterdays (no NS in site!) but today i have the team - Talzin lead, acolyte, ventress daka & zombie..... I killed daka twice, stops her from been revived straight away, however now its doing what i think is "papering" - Where she revived just to attack then dies straight after then revives again to attack then dies straight after, then 3rd time she revived killed a toon of mine n stays alive, What the heck!? I thought that was reworked last month or something, taking that out because of how much of a joke it was becoming...... Anyone got any insite on this?

@KyJoe_Cool & @Waqui ?? Really doing my head in this lark with NS... Over done or what!

That's not "papering", "papering" was leaving zombie at low gear so she would constantly die and jack up Asajj to do major damage.

The revive mechanic you're seeing now is MT lead, when there is a dead NS ally, and another NS uses their basic they call a dead NS to assist. If the combined attacks don't kill anyone then the assisting NS is left dead. But if they do manage to kill someone then the dead NS ally is revived.

Imperial troopers are a great counter to NS (yay Empire!), they get buffs from Veers lead when someone dies, and who just happens to rely on dying a whole bunch? Nightsisters!

They have Acolyte on the team so you will need someone with AoE damage and/or dispeller to remove the stealth to prevent the Acolyte/zombie trick.

The teams the recommended before can do it. Boba would stop the assists if you can execute and help cause he has AoE. With EP if you can shock Acolyte will stop her stealth, Vader can bleed her also with Dots.
  • Ah right, ok cheers for that, im gonna have to rework my bounty hunter teams asap then, it was just really starting to pee me off this team n wasnt sure if the reviving was the paper thing people where talking about, i do have a NS team unlocked but thats about as far as ive got with them so far, need to gear & level them up lol.

But will keep note of the bobba info and try to up my bounty hunters ASAP.

Thanks for explaining it, still don't understand NS fully but this thread is starting to come together making more sense :)

Cheers @Hexen_Jagar !
  • Hexen_Jagar
    639 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ah right, ok cheers for that, im gonna have to rework my bounty hunter teams asap then, it was just really starting to pee me off this team n wasnt sure if the reviving was the paper thing people where talking about, i do have a NS team unlocked but thats about as far as ive got with them so far, need to gear & level them up lol.

But will keep note of the bobba info and try to up my bounty hunters ASAP.

Thanks for explaining it, still don't understand NS fully but this thread is starting to come together making more sense :)

Cheers @Hexen_Jagar !

No problem! They're a great faction and a lot of fun once you get to know them :smile:

For BH Bossk lead with the zeta or Embo lead with the counter and health steal might be best.

Wedge, Biggs, Lando and some other rebels could also do it, I haven't tried it but I would assume with the high DPS, AoE and heals that would do the trick. You might be able to just kill them fast enough so they don't have a chance to revive.
  • Aye the only 2 BH ive got a 7* so far is bobba & cad bane both been gear 7... I did more scoundrels then BH for credit heist lol. But gonna look into either a NS team or BH now knowing more about them... So many teams but so little time! Haha.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ok so i restarted that GW completed yesterdays (no NS in site!) but today i have the team - Talzin lead, acolyte, ventress daka & zombie..... I killed daka twice, stops her from been revived straight away, however now its doing what i think is "papering" - Where she revived just to attack then dies straight after then revives again to attack then dies straight after, then 3rd time she revived killed a toon of mine n stays alive, What the heck!? I thought that was reworked last month or something, taking that out because of how much of a joke it was becoming...... Anyone got any insite on this?

What you are seeing after the first two revives (caused by a g10+ zombie) is Talzin's zetaed leadership. Yes, there's a lot of things to watch for, when fighting NS, and they are generally a pain to fight until you have a counter team and the experience to get the strategy right.

If using a BH team, you can use Boba Fett's execute to kill Daka off and have her stay dead. (Doesn't work for zombie).
    Aye the only 2 BH ive got a 7* so far is bobba & cad bane both been gear 7... I did more scoundrels then BH for credit heist lol. But gonna look into either a NS team or BH now knowing more about them... So many teams but so little time! Haha.

BH are needed for Chewie and dark side TB, but NS are a lot of fun lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    On a side note:

zBastilla lead jedi have 150% tenacity bonus while having protection up. That helps resist plague. If you add a healer, you will be able to heal plague away (but no, this won't prevent the revives from Talzin's lead)
  • Yeah my main teams jedi's Zbastila, ZGMY, Lumi, old ben & mace, so close to 5 start hermit though, lol. but even that team got their backside handed to them, lol.

Thanks for the comments! :) Helping out in the long run so very appreciated! :)

It has to do with Talzin's lead. The NS will keep reviving dying and so on cause of it. And if one of your toons dies then instead of the opposing NS reviving and dying, they'll revive and stay alive. Here @Mykie Check it out...

tskko1f7gacb.png

See? ;)
  • Crap...
  • Xenos21 wrote: »
    Crap...

?
  • I mean: crap! 50% revives from here as well, like NS have not enough revive options to deal with.
    I am just more and more disappointed in this game quality.
    I remember meeting zeta talzin in GW... The moment I thought I can manage, boom, all went bad again...
    Testers are very bad in EA There are several examples and they all addressed poorly.
    I mean: crap! 50% revives from here as well, like NS have not enough revive options to deal with.
    I am just more and more disappointed in this game quality.
    I remember meeting zeta talzin in GW... The moment I thought I can manage, boom, all went bad again...
    Testers are very bad in EA There are several examples and they all addressed poorly.

I think they did a great job with the NS faction. It goes with their lore, the zombies taking the bullet for the more important people.

You just have to know how to counter them. Imperial troopers can auto MT teams, Nightmare can easily control them.

I agree the testers could do a better job, (looking at the Sith raid, the zeta for barris when it first came out)
  • Working on troopers here.
    Slowly though. Only 65-70, g6-7, 4-5*, can't handle much with them yet )

Met some issues with fleet building due to poor game design. So have to invest alot there now. Which will delay them even more. But I always wanted them second after my Jedy. Eventually payback will come to NS )
    Glad it is not so many of them on my shard ATM
    Got Yoda recently. Helps abit with some of NSs...
    Working on troopers here.
    Slowly though. Only 65-70, g6-7, 4-5*, can't handle much with them yet )

Met some issues with fleet building due to poor game design. So have to invest alot there now. Which will delay them even more. But I always wanted them second after my Jedy. Eventually payback will come to NS )
    Glad it is not so many of them on my shard ATM
    Got Yoda recently. Helps abit with some of NSs...

I avoid fleet for the most part. Waste of my time, ranked 200 is enough to get a zeta every other day and I'm happy with that.
    Farm Starck from the guild store if you can, he is a big help.
  • Well, I'm glad i wasn't along with this issue of the reviving, anyhow, currently looking at building a NS team via shops and events so hoping to get them some what half decent, would they be able to counter another NS team eventually or would it be almost like an endless loop?
  • If you are faster you can outpace them or if your asajj (zeta) is better then you can one shot everyone.