deploy all toons at once or break them up?

i've seen some players who deploy everyone at the same time. i've also seen some who only deploy a few at a time. is there any reason or advantage to doing it this way?

Replies

• When you see them deploying a smaller number, it usually means they're putting them in a platoon or using a team to do a mission. (They're "placed on the board", so they're "deployed") or the section is close to a star and they don't want to waste resources.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • The order of activity our guild uses, and has done since the beginning, is:

fill platoons (only those you can fill phases 4-6)
    hit combats / specials
    deploy as directed by officers

Deploying once you've completed all other activities is the best way, as you never have the risk of missing a key toon on a mission.
  • so is it good practice then, to deploy platoons first, then deploy the rest all at once?
  • @Deeznerds1983
    platoons, then combats, then deploy is the optimal way to go.
  • @Damodamo what would be the difference if i deployed them all at once first, then did combats, then platoons? not knowing the difference, that's what i've always done if i'm doing it backwards then there's a part of the process that i'm not understanding
  • @Damodamo what would be the difference if i deployed them all at once first, then did combats, then platoons? not knowing the difference, that's what i've always done if i'm doing it backwards then there's a part of the process that i'm not understanding

Do platoons first so you gain bonuses supporting the combat missions. Anything you deploy before CM cannot be used in CM, so obviously should do CM first.

There is no downside to deploying last, but there are several downsided to deploying first.
  • @EventineElessedil thanks for the heads up! i wasn't aware of that but it makes sense
  • @Deeznerds1983 @EventineElessedil
    Very first one that happened, I deployed all of my toons right at the start, guess who looked a complete kitten as a result :)
  • @Damodamo i've always been able to do CM & platoons, even after deploying. it's never prevented me from doing them, which is why i was confused but i see what they're saying. i did that just now & did pretty good, i think

Do platoons first so you gain bonuses supporting the combat missions. Anything you deploy before CM cannot be used in CM, so obviously should do CM first.

There is no downside to deploying last, but there are several downsided to deploying first.

Only partially correct here.

Obviously, platooning first is preferable as mentioned it does provide bonuses for combat missions but sometimes those bonuses are for future phases and not the current phase.

You can technically deploy any time you want or your guild allows you to. Any units you deploy, can only be used in that Sector for combat missions or platoons. So if you Deploy All before filling platoons and doing combats, you are limiting yourself to the sector that you deployed in.

Phase 1 LS TB it doesn't really matter as it's just one sector. But phase 2 and on, and all of DS TB, you have different sectors. If you deploy in the top sector, then you won't be able to use those characters in the bottom sector at all, although you could still use them for platoons/combat missions in the top sector. Hope that's a bit more clear. if not, feel free to PM me with further questions.
  • PAUBroksby wrote: »
    @Damodamo what would be the difference if i deployed them all at once first, then did combats, then platoons? not knowing the difference, that's what i've always done if i'm doing it backwards then there's a part of the process that i'm not understanding

Only partially correct here.

Obviously, platooning first is preferable as mentioned it does provide bonuses for combat missions but sometimes those bonuses are for future phases and not the current phase.

You can technically deploy any time you want or your guild allows you to. Any units you deploy, can only be used in that Sector for combat missions or platoons. So if you Deploy All before filling platoons and doing combats, you are limiting yourself to the sector that you deployed in.

Phase 1 LS TB it doesn't really matter as it's just one sector. But phase 2 and on, and all of DS TB, you have different sectors. If you deploy in the top sector, then you won't be able to use those characters in the bottom sector at all, although you could still use them for platoons/combat missions in the top sector. Hope that's a bit more clear. if not, feel free to PM me with further questions.

Correct, thanks for the clarification. I didn't want to type all that. ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Deploy with care. If you deploy a toon to one territory, you can still assign it to platoons or use it for missions in that territory — however, not in other territories.

Do combats with care. If you do combat missions in a territory before the platoons, that affects that territory have been completed, you will not get the benefits of filling the platoons, and your battle will be harder.

Fill platoons/squadrons with care. A half—completed platoon gives no bonus/benefits. If the toons assigned to an incomplete platoon would have been of use somewhere else (f.ex. a rare toon, which is missing in another platoon, or a strong toon, that could have helped you complete more waves in combat) it's a complete waste. Guild officers often have a plan/assignments for filling platoons.

Deploy with care. After having filled platoons and done your combats, deploy your remaining toons to the territory, that benefits the guild more. Guild officers often have a plan/assignments for the final deployment.