Please put posts (help me, nerf, what next) into context

CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited March 2016
Ok. Not everyone reads this forum like it's their job. Not everyone is up to date on the latest meta development or character nerf. Not everyone speaks perfect English, not everyone searches before posting.
Most of that is fine. It has to do with the diversity of this community. It's awesome and we should embrace it.

However, there is a very disturbing trend in posts. People are not providing background information. By this I mean relevant and useful information. Not humble brags. Not spam. But things that can help us, the forum, help you, the poster.

Please provide (when asking for help or nerfs or for a hug) information such as:
- What you are doing (arena, GW, light/dark battles, my mom)
- What level you are (this is very important only because it ties in with gear levels. Level itself is pretty useless).
- If asking for help, what characters you do have that are relevant (screenshots are nice I guess, please don't text list your entire roster, it makes posts TLDR). Mainly max gear/level toons, or, better yet, characters you want to use.
- What YOU want to do (droid team, Jedi team, meta speed team, ride a tauntaun).
- What characters you have already unlocked (when asking who to purchase next). It's not good if there is a back and forth of "poggle?" "Oh, I have him" "Phasma?" "Her too"

What we probably don't want to know about:
- how many times you've been number one in arena (congrats, but it tends to turn the conversation into this weird bragging contest)
- How much you've spent. (See above)
- Your credit card number (because we can't stand temptation and none of us are Nigerian princes)
- How much the AI is rigged (I like pikachu too, but it visits too often)

I think, genuinely, that we, the forum, want to help everyone. But if the first posts are asking what this team is for, and what level the player is, it becomes hard to give clear concise advice.

TLDR: please post the purpose and level when asking for help. Also what you want. It makes our job easier.

Replies