JE Revive Under Isolation

CCyrilS
6732 posts Member
I just used JE's heal/revive special while isolated in p3 of with raid. IG88 revived, which surprised me. Is that supposed to happen?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I guess technically reviving isn't blocked. The isolated toon cannot BE revived, but doesn't say they can't revive another. Do other toons revive allies while isolated?
  • Options
    No, pretty sure that's a bug. Isolate prevents providing positive effects to others, so heals and buffs and such don't work while the person performing those actions is isolated. Revive is listed as a positive effect, so it should not have worked.
  • Options
    Daka revives
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    No, pretty sure that's a bug. Isolate prevents providing positive effects to others, so heals and buffs and such don't work while the person performing those actions is isolated. Revive is listed as a positive effect, so it should not have worked.

Definitely seems like a positive effect lol. But I wasn't sure if it meant just positive status effects.
  • Options
    Daka also revives other characters while isolated so I would say WAI until they decided otherwise...
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm thinking it only blocks self-reviving abilities like Bounty Hunter's Resolve, or SRP's revive.

Edit - just went to read Isolate mechanics & coding and maybe Raid Traya's list of "positive effects" is different because player-controlled Traya blocks any revive at all whether self or ally.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I'm thinking it only blocks self-reviving abilities like Bounty Hunter's Resolve, or SRP's revive.

Edit - just went to read Isolate mechanics & coding and maybe Raid Traya's list of "positive effects" is different because player-controlled Traya blocks any revive at all whether self or ally.

This is not true. Player Traya Isolate blocks only self revive, and only when the self reviving char dies out of turn. If Sion has hatred and dies to a dot while isolated, he still revives.

I was unaware that isolated Daka revives characters. Pretty sure it's not WAI though, since heals don't work when you are isolated. Could be wrong though. Sadly, we'll probably never know since CG has gone back to their old ways, where they only talk to us when they absolutely have to, and they hate every second of it.
  • Options
    You can ask the question on the AnswersHQ board, and the QA support there can look into it and see if it's Working As Intended.

It seems like it should NOT work. When a character is Isolated (both character and raid Isolate), it means that the character's "allies can't attack or gain positive effects during this unit's turn."

Per the Darth Traya Character Strategy, Revive is considered a "positive effect", so no allies should be able to receive "Revive" status on an Isolated character's turn.