how to beat geo trio?

If this has been covered already I'm sorry, search didn't find it.

I'm ftp so I have limitations on my resources so I can't realistically farm geo to the point of being viable before the meta moves on. This leaves me wondering what people have found to be reliable counters to the geo trio. I've tried different kill orders or changes to my old biggs, Vader, tfp/bistan line up but I can't consistently win.

Replies

• My Vader/Biggs/TFP can win pretty consistently with Tarkin as my capital ship. The strategy works best if they're using Tarkin or Thrawn. If their capital ship is faster than yours, just do TFP's basic to get Biggs taunting faster, but if yours is faster, get foresight up so you can dodge the AoE and almost immediately get a reinforcement (this only works if your capital ship goes first). I like to call Ghost first so I can regen protection on Biggs and stealth Vader for a bit in case Biggs dies. I always target Sun Fac first because he'll end up taunting anyway, then I usually go for Soldier then Spy. I have Slave 1, Silencer, and FOTP as my other reinforcements, but I rarely ever need to call in more than Ghost and occasionally Slave 1. The advantage of this lineup is that it gets to go/reinforce first, and Empire ships under Tarkin do some ridiculous damage. I've had TFP hit for upwards of 150k when two or three enemies were debuffed, I don't think a single ship in the game could survive that. I only see Tarkin and Thrawn lead geos in my fleet arena, so I don't now how well it'd do against the others, but I've had it work against Tarkins faster than mine.
  • Before I got my own geos (and HT) I used Thrawn, with KRU/Biggs/Vader, and reinforced with Phantom as my first. Try to keep geo soldier and/or sun fac stunned. Kill sun fac as soon as possible, and use Thrawn's heal right away to give Biggs defense up so he can withstand the initial onslaught
  • TheBatman wrote: »
    My Vader/Biggs/TFP can win pretty consistently with Tarkin as my capital ship. The strategy works best if they're using Tarkin or Thrawn. If their capital ship is faster than yours, just do TFP's basic to get Biggs taunting faster, but if yours is faster, get foresight up so you can dodge the AoE and almost immediately get a reinforcement (this only works if your capital ship goes first). I like to call Ghost first so I can regen protection on Biggs and stealth Vader for a bit in case Biggs dies. I always target Sun Fac first because he'll end up taunting anyway, then I usually go for Soldier then Spy. I have Slave 1, Silencer, and FOTP as my other reinforcements, but I rarely ever need to call in more than Ghost and occasionally Slave 1. The advantage of this lineup is that it gets to go/reinforce first, and Empire ships under Tarkin do some ridiculous damage. I've had TFP hit for upwards of 150k when two or three enemies were debuffed, I don't think a single ship in the game could survive that. I only see Tarkin and Thrawn lead geos in my fleet arena, so I don't now how well it'd do against the others, but I've had it work against Tarkins faster than mine.

Most on my shard run with the trio with Home One so they get crazy extra protection. I know TFP buff immunity can help with that but it's also not fun if you loose if you miss that first debuff.