Purple gear disparity

I am a little irritated that some purple gear (think Mk V laptop) I can get hundreds of and no one currently needs it, and other gear is used by 10+ toons and has a poor drop rate.

While I'm complaining- when I use crystals to get more energy or to purchase 3 additional chances for IMa Gundi the drop rates seems to get even worse just to spite me. I have 2 farming options and am lucky to get 1 shard per day even paying for the refresh. I need 4 more shards to make him 5 * before Yoda starts again. Anyone out there experience the same?

Replies

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Yes I have a bunch of mk5 laptops and mk4 stun guns.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Some days you just want to pull your hair out. I'm farming Anakin, and I use crystals to refresh his nodes. 0/18 hurts man. I didn't know to either laugh or cry. Than the next day I'm getting 10 shards. Same with purple gear, I learn not to rush it anymore. Take it for what it is, and eventually you get there.
  • Right, why not change up the drops in the challenges every now and again...
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I don't normally farm purple gear at all. Did today just to see and I only needed 4 mk4 laptops for a gear. Went 10/15 on an entire energy refresh. I know it was a hot streak and the next time it will probably be 1/15.
  • If it weren't for the blasted Yoda event I would be more patient but you are right!! I have had 0/18 before to and it is just crazy.. Then I go over to cantina and its looser (and then not). Maddening
  • The higher purple(XI) gear uses the stuff you are talking about, gold ones too. Better start stock pulling them. I have Greedo at gear (X), they need to make it easier to post a picture in this forum lol. Can't just copy and paste from IPhone
  • So I complain about difficult shard drops for Ima Gun Di and wasted energy and gems.. And low and behold I got two separate shard pulls from the basic pack freebies.. Coincidence? Thanks @EA_Jesse
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    My purple mk4 laptop days are going to be doomed.
    2 days of attackers challenge
    10/15 on an energy refresh
    3 sets of 3 in shipments over the last 2 days.
  • 20% and 30% drop rates sure do make the heart turn cold...
  • If I am understanding you correctly, that's a streak of good luck! And probably never again lol
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Some gear take a week to farm one item :/
  • Yes! I needed one more and went through three complete rounds of energy just to get it.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    If I am understanding you correctly, that's a streak of good luck! And probably never again lol

Yup. That was really my first time farming purple gear but reading the forums I know what is coming.
  • Powerful_ddubb
    44 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    20% and 30% drop rates sure do make the heart turn cold...
    . This. Also curiously I just burned through 6 10 cantina energy hits for barris, got nothing and then switched to 8 energy hits and pulled like 4/6... Crazy

• Law of large numbers man, read many threads by folks that farmed for month and I keep seeing 20-35% for gear and shards. Play the lottery... Or bingo... Same concepts