Patron Status

I've played a few other online games that offer some sort of 'Patron' status. Essentially you pay $10-20 per month and receive some benefits that give some advantage over free to play and some consistency of services. The way this kind of thing could work in SWGOH could be as follows;
  • Double drops
  • Double energy allowance or double refresh rate
  • Double donation limits e.g. you can make and receive more donations
  • Double rewards for certain events e.g. TB, TW, challenges etc
  • Double Fleet/Squad arena attempts i.e. 10 a day and not 5
  • Double rewards per day
  • Other things I can't think of!
  • Some or all of the above

For me this wouldn't break the marquee element of the cash machine, which lets face it most people are tired of, and with actually generate more loyalty and gameplay.

I'd pay depending on the perks. I certainly won't buy another marquee... and if you wanna be F2P, that's cool too.

Replies

• 10$ for EA is almost nothing. They might think of something for someone who pays at least 1000$.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    The business model of this game is not based on safety.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    for 20 bucks a month i wouldn't expect much judging by what ingame items generally cost.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Heck, they won't even bring back crystal subscription for that price.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    Bruh that would make f2p players quit
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

This - in a handbasket. Tells you everything.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I wish they’d just bring the crystal subscription back
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CCyrilS wrote: »

From what they have said about it, they cant bring any subscription elements into the game. That is why it was removed and has not come back. There is a partner agreement that doesnt allow things like that.
  • for the first time in 2 years playing i bought some crystals to finish off the veteran smugglers. the buyers remorse is almost intolerable. i hate myself for it. just thought i would share
  • That really sucks. It was the best purchase in the game. I would still be buying it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

From what they have said about it, they cant bring any subscription elements into the game. That is why it was removed and has not come back. There is a partner agreement that doesnt allow things like that.

So then OP's suggestion would most likely not work for the same reason, no?
  • UNDE4DLY wrote: »
    for the first time in 2 years playing i bought some crystals to finish off the veteran smugglers. the buyers remorse is almost intolerable. i hate myself for it. just thought i would share

I get buyer's remorse just from spending free cantina energy on the veterans lol.