Anyone Use Holdo?

Moroveus
147 posts Member
edited November 2018
On paper, Holdo looks like an interesting toon. But in practice, I haven't found a team in which she seems to perform well. Do any of you use her? And if so, would you mind sharing the team compositions you're using with her?

Replies

• I've just started farming her myself so I don't know where she's best used, but my plan is to use her under JTR with BB8, R2, and Scavenger Rey. I've heard she works great under JTR, but I don't know if the specific comp I'm building towards is the best or not.

What I'd really like to do is find a JTR team that doesn't require BB8 so I can use him with my zFinn team in TW or with my droids.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    As a zep arena lead, I find Scav Rey/Res trooper to be much more dangerous than Holdo.
    Holdo JTR teams are literally autoplay wins.
  • I use holdo with the aforementioned team. She performs well in TWs but not much help in raids and not very viable in top end arena.
  • I use holdo in arena but am normally between 50 and 100. I use her with jtr, the droids and res trooper. Its a good territory war team and I like having a single faction arena team
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I use JTR BB R2 Holdo and Chewie or Scav Rey. I hover 40-100 and never really moved my full arena mods.

She has 100k ehp, 200ish speed self heals and cleanses/heals. But Daze is her real bonus. Need to give her some potency though as her base is like 5%.

For TW defense I swap in Nest for Chewie and the teams holds really well.
  • She is a barely useable toon. Her only real worth is popping exposes.
  • I use her in my RJT team for TB and TW, but she isn't a very good toon overall. She's useless in all the raids and not good enough for arena (though really that has as much to do with RJT not being good enough anymore).
  • in TW & TB: under a Finn lead, she can spam Bunker Buster like it's the 4th of July.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    She was great in arena pre-Traya. EP lead was meta and her AOE daze shut that down. I ran JTR BB8 R2 RT Holdo for a long time and did very well. EP was cake, Bastila was cake, anything other than Traya was cake. Even with Traya in arena, I still did great because most people ran her under EP until Bastila showed up. At that point people switched to Traya lead and I struggled, although I was able to do ok against her depending on RNG.

The meta has moved on but she's still very good in TB/TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Moroveus wrote: »
    On paper, Holdo looks like an interesting toon. But in practice, I haven't found a team in which she seems to perform well. Do any of you use her? And if so, would you mind sharing the team compositions you're using with her?

I've been using her for a while, she's really good and would get me to between 60 and 50 on most days, and occasionally under 50. Unfortunately the time change and my job have combined to really screw with my payouts so now I'm hovering around 150 (I can for sure do 5 attacks a day, but only 1 before payout, so normally I do two or three and call it a day). She's G11, 7*, modded for potency, and zeta'd.

She has two jobs and does them very well:
    1) Use her AoE and spread expose and daze.
    2) Soak damage for as long as possible.

She almost always dies, but sure enough everyone else on my team is standing. One of the under-rated strengths of hers is that her taunt is a passive ability. So even if it's dispelled somehow (and it ALWAYS is) it'll come right back in a minute.

I used to use Scavenger Rey, but once she has a debuff she's too weak and all the teams on my leaderboard are heavy on debuffs. Instead I use Resistance Soldier, who can just spam that special of his over and over and over with all the exposes that get generated.

In territory wars I'll put the "new" resistance characters in one team and the old school ones in the other. It'd be different if I was attacking probably, but I don't have time for that--I just deploy everything on defense and let my friends do the lifting :p
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • yes, I have her as wallpaper around my toilet and dart board.
  • I use her with JTR, bb8, R2, and RT in STR T6. Can do 3-5m damage there. I even put a zeta on her. She’s more of a tank than a damage dealer and it helps to keep everyone else alive. Plus daze and exposes. And she can clear the defense down off the rest/heal. I don’t regret the zeta at all.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    You don't need her in STR. Put Scav Rey in her place and you'll do more damage.
  • I use her in TW defense with JTR, BB8, R2, and Rey the Almighty.
  • yes, I have her as wallpaper around my toilet and dart board.

So you’re saying that you hate a fictional character so much that you pee on your walls. Get professional help.
  • Got her at 12 gear, zeted... worst spending ever, unfortunately. She is tank and resistance already has 2 of them which interacts better: poe and fin. And along she is very underwhelming.
    The only use I found for her is under RJT during TB. Her massive attack rather good.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Poe and Finn have obvious strengths but they are in no way better tanks.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah she is a massive damage sponge. Poe and Finn are good at what they do but Holdo is a better tank. Ive had time where she is at just a sliver of health left and is healed to full by the end of battle.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Let us not forget that JTR is also classified in-game as a tank. She's as much as a tank as Poe and Finn, which is to say not really. Poe and Finn have a taunt and JTR has survivability thanks to constant foresight, but Holdo is the only one of the four who can both taunt and take a beating.
  • Holdo has the highest health pool of any character in the game not including mods. Probably worth it. My brother fought an RJT squad with a 95k protection G12 Holdo. Said it was brutal.
  • I used JTR, Holdo, bb8 r2 and RT, for the longest time and could take 1st before Traya . Now go up to about 60 and drop to 150.

Holdo works well in TB and if running STR in teir 1-6, that team works loads better in P4, than with scav ray. Pulled a 4.8m today in Tier 6 P4.

Mine is Zeta'd, and its not bad in a JTR team, I put a 6* crit avoidance on RT, so if holdo gets fractured, RT (the 1st target) is close to crit immune.

I also have a zetad Rose, which is bad
  • I also have a zetad Rose, which is bad

I do, too, and I don’t regret it.

Rose’s zeta is great because her core competency is attacking and hitting people with her basic attack. Her zeta allows her to do that faster, and therefore better.

Rose isn’t a gamebreaker world changer top tier character, sure, and I’m not saying to put your first zeta on her—but I’ve been playing a while and I have the most important zetas already, so I put one on her and the results are great.

(Although, again, as mentioned above, you don't want Rose OR Holdo doing things that require the AI—chiefly TW defense or Arena defense. But that’s an AI problem not valuing her basic attack appropriately.)
  • Rose has her uses, but I find RT just works better in that team. Saying that using her with Zfinn team, her stun works great especially against counter teams.

Nic Wester, I also zeta'd Zam, which I think is my worst choice so far, lol
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Rose is hilarious on a zFinn team, as long as you can get Poe to go first. Between Rose and Finn, they stun everything in sight.