Imperial Troopers & FOrder

Shadowscream
969 posts Member
edited November 2018
Looking for efficient “improvement advice” please!
Imperial Troopers & FO aren’t my Arena Teams but I need to develop them better for Raids and TW/TB. I’ve got at 7*
1) KRU, Kylo, Phasma, FOO, FOTP (This Team got BB8 but can’t touch mythic bits and pieces)
2) Veers, Storm, Snow, Magma (only 4!)
I’m just about to finish Dengar and my last Vet + I’ve done all my Arena Zetas and CLS etc.

For FOrder - I’m aware that FOX and FOST would be improvements but they would compete with Revan requirement farming...
For Imp Troopers - I’m aware that I need Starck and that Range, Death and Shore are all improvements....

Given these are not my main teams what would give me the most “bang for my buck” without them becoming my main focus? Would simply farming Starck and throwing a Zeta on KRU and Veers be enough? (Obviously combined with getting from G9 to G11+)

Thanks!
Post edited by Shadowscream on

Replies

• zVeers, Storm, Snow, Magma, Stark is good enough for TW. You do not need DT for that. Nevertheless, DT is important in HSTR P3, so it may be interesting to get it for that (16 energy node so long farm).
    For FO, you would need the zeta on KRU and if it's only for PvE, you don't need FOX. Now, he's a must and a really quick farm, so you should think of that.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It depends on what you mean by 'enough'.

You will eventually want both KRU and Starck zeta'd so if your arena team is done and you have the other zetas you want for raids etc then there's no reason to hold back now; both of those zetas will improve the team regardless of which combination of FO/Troopers is in it.

In terms of bang for buck:
    FO: you really want FOX or FOST but as you've recognised, they're lower priority than revan farming. I wouldn't bother gearing phasma or FOTP as they'll be the ones you'll eventually swap out.

Troopers: there's a lot of leeway here. For TB you could probably do it with those 4 and Starck with enough gear and Veers' zeta. You will definitely want Death because of his parallel use in STR; Magma's useful as part of a Traya counter team in TW so although not the 'ideal' trooper team is definitely worth some attention. Shore and Range are nice and will make the TB mission easier but isn't really needed for other things, unlike death and magma. Again I wouldn't compromise revan farming for them.
    I'd say Veers/Starck/Snow/Storm/Death with Magma as an additional project
    Post edited by FailingCrab on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Veers zeta is key

Stark zeta is extra

Storm snow range is good enough. Make range fastest to get protection buff and away you go. Range is the key behind the veers Zeta.
  • @Chicagotarsier

Pretty much the exact IT Team I'm building for DSTB: zVeers, Starck, Snow, Shore, Range. I've already got everyone to G8, about to all hit 5*. +80-90 speed on Veers and Starck. No zetas yet though.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I wouldn't do both. atleast not at the same time, you'll just spread yourself too thin.
    Personally i feel like imp troopers are the more beneficial choice overall, but i guess that depends on your priorities.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Personally i feel like imp troopers are the more beneficial choice overall, but i guess that depends on your priorities.

More fun too! Imperial Troopers are...great to play :smile:

• KRU's zeta is probably the single best thing you can do for your FO team. It makes a huge difference and would definitely be worth the investment. You'll want to add Executioner and FOST at some point, but just doing KRU's zeta will make a big difference even without them.

I know Veers' zeta is a good one, but I can't say if it'll have the same impact on a troopers team as KRU's would for FO. I doubt it. I have both zetas, but I've never used my troopers without the Veers zeta which is why I can't speak to how much of a difference it makes.
  • Sub Range in for snow. His "Steady" and Strength in Numbers" are really useful.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Troopers:

Stormtrooper is great for TB. I actually prefer stormtrooper here. For TW, shoretrooper is much better. Tie Reaper is still usefull in fleet arena (less so on geo fleet, that rarely last long enough to fire the ultimate). Your purpose defines how much bang for the buck you get from shore.

For TB magmatrooper needs good gear to do the job, while f.ex. DT needs only be 5* g9 to do his job in the special mission. Magmatrooper is good against Traya. DT is better for TB. DT is strong for hSTR p3 and he pilots Tie Reaper. I'd say that DT is great bang for the buck, while magma still has his uses.

Rangetrooper is not needed at all for TB, but might be a slight improvement over snowtrooper for TW. (Less bang for the buck).
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    For troopers I run z veers, z starck, snow, death and shore but the only real requirements I feel are veers, starck and snow. The other 2 spots are optional. Whatever is an easier farm for you. The zeta on veers is required and starck is nice but his zeta is optional. You do want some speed on starck though. Troopers are a great squad all around. You can go 4/4 the whole dstb with them. I do reccomend building them all eventually anyway once you have other teams ready to go. They're all good plug and play characters in tb/tw and they show up in platoons at lot too
    Post edited by Bill0207 on
  • I've just started gearing my Trooper team:

Veers 7* G8, speed 210
    Starck 4* G7 speed 230 (still missing 18 speed from the next gear level or two)
    Snow 7* G7 speed 145
    Shore 4* G7 speed 140
    Range 5* G7 speed 170

Haven't had a chance to really run them much but Veers is fun on an all Empire team in TB. Can't wait to zeta and gear up all of them to G9.