hRancor Solo Team question

I have been reading through all the posts and I seem to be 1 or 2 characters short of an effective solo team.

I am looking at building a First Order team, but lack 2 of the of the recommended toons. I am farming the First Order TIE Pilot and First Order Officer to fill this gap, but still have a ways to go.

Most of my mid level 85's only have G7 or G8. I have been focusing on leveling up one toon at a time for Zetas and gear.

My Roster

I currently have Kylo Ren (Unmasked) G:10 (about to be G11 with 1 Zeta), Kylo Ren G:11 and Captain Phasma G8.

With my current roster, is there a good option to fill in the gap till I get the above team ready to go?

Replies

• UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's all about TM removal. Your best bet at this point will likely be Zader lead. Add Tarkin and Teebo and some other fast toons with TM removal. (GMY, Greedo, QGJ etc etc) Give them all as much speed as you can. Still may not be enough, Zader lead solos have fallen out of favor.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @Carrissis

If you farm Executioner instead of FOTP (who has a great ship by the way so don't completely neglect him), his cantina farm will more or less max out FOO from the cantina store.

Pure First Order Solo requires :

KRU - tenacity down, only reason
    Kylo - lash out for massive TM boosts
    FOO - TM swap to Executioner and TM removal
    FO Executioner - stacking damage and TM removal
    Phasma or FOST - speed down and TM boost

Do not use FOTP. Double-tap grants too much TM to the Rancor.

zVader team is decent but you need more speed than you would with FO because of the FO TM train. zVader plus TIE Pilot plus any three Empire/Sith. Or throw a 5th random TM removal character: Jyn, CLS, Bistan, etc.

Nightsister with Asajj zeta lead can also Solo, exact same concept as Vader. 5 NS or 4 + TMR character/Thrawn.

I've solo'd with:
    zVader pure empire/sith team
    zVader team + Jyn
    zVader team + CLS
    FO + CLS
    FO pure
    FO + Thrawn
    CLS only
    CLS plus zVader in lead slot (Father/Son hunting trip)

By far the easiest team to do the raid that is the easiest to obtain is FO pure. They can also start clearing it at G9 with even decent mods, so a much quicker team to build. Yeah you have to manually do it because the AI is garbage with FOO, but the Rancor won't take more than 1 or 2 turns the entire raid. And the whole raid will only take about 15-20 minutes on manual because of FOX's stacking offense.

As for Auto: Wedge lead, 7* Raid Han (which defeats the purpose of trying to clear the raid in the first place if you have him) CLS, Biggs is apparently quick.
  • You can likely do it now with a Zader team and some practice while farming your FO Pure team.
    Tarkin helps quite a bit there.

Good luck whatever you choose!

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • @Rhunne

Thanks! Can't take credit for the idea though, that goes to @DuneSeaFarmer.
  • @Carrissis I use a First Order Squad myself as my main team all over the place. KRU (gear 12, leadership zeta), Zylo (gear 12), FOO (gear 11), Cap Phasma (gear 10), and FOTP (gear 12 and Zeta). I love this team. Yes, the FOE would probably be a better fit, but I never farmed him, and don't really care to start now (I'd rather finish other characters). I do just fine and plenty of damage with my team.

If you have the ability to start farming FOE, go for it. But if not, and you want to continue FOTP, you'll be just fine.

As for your squad, it looks similar to mine when I was able to start really participating in the hRancor. I remember using Boba and Sid as leads a lot for the Crit Damage output. You could try a thrown together team consisting of Sid lead, Boba, Vader, Kylo, and another high damage character (Asajj, GMY, or Palp maybe?). You might not last very long, but you'll get a lot of damage output until you get a few solid go to faction centered teams (FO, Resistance, and Jedi are mine right now, working on Embo to complete my BH squad). Just a suggestion. It takes time, but sometimes finding a random assortment of characters will give you a ton of damage and make it worth it.

Sorry for the rambling haha.
  • @Carrissis here's my roster if you're curious. https://swgoh.gg/p/818854127/characters/
  • Executioner is a game changer for First Order. Granted this is only NAAT but it was all of P2 pretty much solely on his Panda-esque shoulders:

w27b835vhsjy.png