Unfair side requirement for ability materials!

Why do we have side and capital ship requirements in ability material challenge?

I have chosen light side. And now to be competitive I have to gear up my dark side significantly. To get access to ability materials.

Please remove such unfair requirement for all ship material challenges

Replies

• Options
    It’s to encourage roster development, So, odds,are, you are better served developing DS fleet, and as well, there is TB, . .
  • Options
    Xenos21 wrote: »
    Why do we have side and capital ship requirements in ability material challenge?

I have chosen light side. And now to be competitive I have to gear up my dark side significantly. To get access to ability materials.

Please remove such unfair requirement for all ship material challenges

While you're at it CG, remove requirements for Thrawn, Palpatine, Revan, JTR etc. It's unfair that I chose ewoks and now to be competitive I have to gear up my other teams significantly.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Xenos21
    40 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You chose to get Thrawn. Yes it is good but not needed. You can live without him like I do so far.
    But why do I need 5 star executrix for my light side fleet to get ability material?
    To get it it takes alot of investment.
    I just made my Home One 5* barely. And just almost blocked with lack of ability materials. It affect not only LS fleet progress but overall also.

People on dark side have such issues?
  • Xenos21
    40 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    And even 6* Executrix for tier 4. This is just completely unfair for light side.
    They should keep only stars requirement for ability material challenge
  • Options
    Or let's make home one 6* as requirement for Tier 4. Then I will accept talks about rooster development.
  • Options
    Relax dude, there is no good or bad to dark or light, no benefit that trumps the other, you have to have certain teams to get stuff, certain toons to get certain toons. You're light, good for you, it's not a big stretch to get the minimum. As for me I'll max everything in time idc about the light or the dark. I guess that makes me gray.
  • Options
    Yeah, this isn't a game where we pick an allegiance. Doing so prevents you accessing game content. Your allegiance should be to roster development.

You can't complain about being denied access to content when you've made a decision to focus on one half of the content.
  • Options
    Yeah, this isn't a game where we pick an allegiance. Doing so prevents you accessing game content. Your allegiance should be to roster development.

You can't complain about being denied access to content when you've made a decision to focus on one half of the content.

This. Choosing to go all lightside or all darkside is a bad decision if you want to progress in this game. It's perfectly fine if all you want to do is play with the characters you like, but you have to understand that the game is designed to reward those who develop a balanced roster.
  • Options
    Actually those who develop executrix
  • Options
    But what if I choose to be a DS guy, and I want Chimaera? I need to 7* rebel ships and Home one to get it.

Or if I choose to be a LS guy, I want Chewbacca? I need to 7* and gear BH to get him.

It works both ways. New content is unlocked by developing your whole roster.

This might be the first time that your preference for one “side” of your inventory has prevented you getting something you want, but it certainly won’t be the last if you keep at it.

• Options
    To see the problem, you merely have to compare the rewards from each capital ship's challenge event series...

Home One gives:
    * shipbuilding materials

Endurance gives:
    * ship enhancement droids (hahaha!!!)

Executrix gives:
    * Mk III ability mats
    * Omega materials
    * Zetas shards
    * Capital ship prestige
    * Tier 1-3 ship ability materials
    * Ship Omegas

A player starting out in fleet effectively handicaps themselves if they choose any capital ship other than Executrix.