RSG teams up with the American Cancer Society

Finity
309 posts Member
edited November 2018
helpacs.jpg

Hi, everyone. Finity from Reality Skewed Gamers here. Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes has one of the best player bases of any game I and many others have ever played. Reality Skewed Gamers is invested in SWGOH, but also in fostering a gaming community that goes above and beyond. This past June 2018, RSG with the help of the SWGOH community raised over $10,000 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention due to some events that affected SWGOH players...

For 2019, Reality Skewed Gamers is partnering with the American Cancer Society to raise money to help cancer. This year, cancer has affected someone close to Reality Skewed Gamers - SithLordStu. Who is Stu? Stu was an original founding member of RSG back when RSG was Real Sith of Genius. The eccentric, hilarious and foul-mouthed man known as SithLordStu quickly became a viewer favorite for his no-holds-barred opinion sharing, quick wit and fun-loving attitude about games and life. Stu was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer. He has undergone treatment, and while the surgery seems successful, he will never be deemed fully cancer-free due to the type of cancer he had.

Reality Skewed Gamers is fighting for and supporting Stu with our #stustrong campaign and we would like to bring the SWGOH community together in this fight. In April 2019, Reality Skewed Gamers is looking to represent the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes community when we run a half-marathon at Walt Disney World in the runDisney Star Wars Rival Run weekend. In the lead up to the half-marathon, we are looking to make a bigger impact than this past year and raise $15,000 in our fight against cancer.

How can you help?
You can donate to the American Cancer Society (ACS) through Tiltify for some fun and rewards: https://tiltify.com/+reality-skewed-gamers/2019-rsg-acs

You can donate directly to ACS's team page for Reality Skewed Gamers (RSG): http://main.acsevents.org/goto/RealitySkewedGamers

To learn more about the RSG and ACS Charity Fundraiser: http://realityskewedgamers.com/RSGrunsforACS.html

Reality Skewed Gamers not only wants to build a gaming community, but a gaming community that makes a difference in the community at large. We hope we can count your support and remember...

BE #STUSTRONG!
Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers

Replies

• Pinning this for now. You folks are supporting a great cause and go Stu!!!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Remember when you guys supported WWF with the Ewok bundles? Why don’t you do something like that? Charity get something, you get something and we get something. Win win win.
    Good on RSG!

Dude is spot on about putting some incentive out there for the players. I haven’t spent on this game since they took out the 21 day crystal boosters, but if there was something like this then Win Win.
  • I agree if I spend money on game and donate to a cause once a year 20-50$ since my house burnt down 3yrs ago... So if there was something like a 50-50 I would easily donate a fair amount...... 50-50 I mean a pack or something where 50% goes to SWGOH and 50% goes to the designated,charity would get a lot more donations I'm sure and then I would donate also on top of what I donate to the places that help displaced family's yearly
  • That wasn't meant to sound like I or others expect or want something to help ppl or a cause.... I'm just saying something like that IMO would help generate,more,money for EA and also would get a lot more donations overall... But to those that donate great thank you for your support to a world,wide,need and your help to those u don't even know the good,karma for this will come back to you at a point when u are down and need help
  • If CG sold a $5 pack containing 500 Stun gun salvage, 500 mk3 carbanti salvage and 500 stun cuff salvage, there would be half a million to donate to the charity...
  • If CG sold a $5 pack containing 500 Stun gun salvage, 500 mk3 carbanti salvage and 500 stun cuff salvage, there would be half a million to donate to the charity...

Nice idea...definitely.

Come on CG - show you really support rather than just give lip service.
  • What events happened?
  • I just wanted to make sure something is clear with all of this. Reality Skewed Gamers is a group that does YouTube gaming videos, primarily SWGOH. We have done a weekly SWGOH stream for >2 years, we do roster reviews, etc. Our investment is in helping the SWGOH community and of course supporting our friend, Stu.

SBCrumb, as well as others at CG, did not initiate this fundraiser or organize it. I am sure CG is noting a lot of your suggestions for potential things moving forward, but I want to make sure things aren't getting mixed here. This is an initiative started by RSG because we want to show that the SWGOH community is more than JUST a gaming community (and we had great success this past year in our charity fundraiser.) For us, this is about showing that SWGOH has a great player base that has been building for the last *almost* 3 years (SWGOH 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY COMING UP!), and that we, as a dedicated community, can make a positive impact.

Speaking for RSG, we are already appreciative of SBCrumb and CG for bringing attention to our cause and we hope we can represent the SWGOH community well as we partner with the American Cancer Society to help bring an end to cancer!
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Finity wrote: »
    I am sure CG is noting a lot of your suggestions for potential things moving forward

Yeah, Im sure, too... /sarcasm off

Personally, I think its absurd that a small group speaks for and takes challenges in the name of a whole lot bigger community.
    Also, why restrict it to American patients? Why not choose a global organisation to support?

Im all for a good cause, but this campaign is just terribly planned/executed.

• Krag
    48 posts Member
    A worthy cause. Let your guilds know. Via discord, line and other chats.
  • @CG_SBCrumb thanks for pinning this message good sir, and to RSG, best of luck with all your goals, and I can’t wait to see Fin in that pretty silver wig with the rhinestones!

I'd pay more than 5 bucks for that, especially if it was going to a charity
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    If CG sold a $5 pack containing 500 Stun gun salvage, 500 mk3 carbanti salvage and 500 stun cuff salvage, there would be half a million to donate to the charity...

I'd pay more than 5 bucks for that, especially if it was going to a charity

Right now there's no difference between me giving to my regular charities or giving to this one that CG isn't endorsing but tag as announcement so everyone sees it at the top. Guess which one wins in this case? The ones that I've already chosen myself, since there's no additional incentive to change.

Totally understandable. I am glad, whether it is ACS or a different charity, that you are giving to a good cause. Really, that is our main goal. For us, because an original member of our group was diagnosed and treated for cancer, ACS seemed like the direction we wanted to go and to try to engage the community in. We do have things like #stustrong wristbands, and we will have some items provided by the American Cancer Society we will be giving away through some fun games we will be holding on Tiltify, but nothing that can compare to 500 carbantis for $5 :D

But you have your charity of choice and that is what we love about this community. There are a lot of socially conscious people looking to make a difference somehow. For those that don't have a specific charity they donate to but want to donate to a good cause, then hopefully we can provide them a fun opportunity to join other SWGOH players and donate to the ACS. And even if you don't donate monetarily, I do hope you can join us and support us. We will be holding a 12hr live stream on December 15th, playing different games, doing giveaways, and having some people from the American Cancer Society on our stream. :) ...not to mention running a half-marathon in April (which is totally killing my knees!)
    Post edited by Finity on
  • Nice Fin...
    Long time watcher if the RSG streams normally not live cos timezones & such... but I catch the occasional live stream.
    Can't wait to see you rocking that sparkly wig! :-)
    Serious tho, great stuff u guys are doin for a great cause.
    Plus, thanks for helping out.... the streams.. the Jedi Academy Q&A... helps me keep focussed when I gear off the path!
  • Plus, still thinking of changing my gaming name to 'llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' and then request a shout out from The Big Deal shamelessly hunting a roster review! :-)
  • 500 stun gun salvage and 500,of,the other 2 and it for a donation to a good cause I'd easily pay 50$ for that.... But don't know if I missed it where do I go to donate and is there a minimum... Cause I would like to,donate but can't afford much ATM cause of Christmas and i have 7 kids.,, but I would like to give a little to,the cause
  • 695-487-235,,,, that is my ally code if someone could send me a direct,message with info on how and where to donate and the minimum..... Thank you in advamce to whoever messages me as I aisnt on forums much
  • Where is the option to directly donate money to Stu to ensure he actually gets the help he needs?
  • Cavalcade wrote: »
    Where is the option to directly donate money to Stu to ensure he actually gets the help he needs?

If you would like to help Stu directly, he has a GoFundMe for his medical bills: https://gofundme.com/help-stu-fight-cancer
  • Join us today, December 15th, as Reality Skewed Gamers teams with the American Cancer Society as we raise money to help fight cancer and support our friend, SithLordStu, who was diagnosed and treated for thyroid cancer. We will be streaming for 12 hours (8am-8pm ET), so join us for a little while, or the whole thing! But please come out and support us when you have a chance!
    https://tiltify.com/+reality-skewed-gamers/2019-rsg-acs
  • Why does it stay in general discussion but not off topic?
  • Reality Skewed Gamers has been streaming SWGOH for a while, but we play a lot of different games. While we are gaming community, we also want to be a community that makes an impact. This year, for 2019, we are raising money for the American Cancer Society. We have a goal of $15,000 to raise for them and we have over 50% thus far. Tomorrow (Feb 16th) starting at 8am US Eastern Time, we will be streaming for 12 hours, playing and talking about different games. If you are able to join us, that would be great, and of course if you are able to donate to the ACS, that would be even better! I hope you all can drop by tomorrow, watch, support, and have fun with us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F8qo1dUBFk

PS There may be a rematch between CG_SBCrumb and the crew again of Ultimate Chicken Horse at 2 pm EST