What to do when u hit G10?

2smooth
572 posts Member
edited November 2018
So I’m at point where can’t farm most equipment unless I do on fleet nodes where they actually drop for affordable 10 energy. I can’t farm in fleet nodes at the moment because I’m farming ships still. Do I continue to stay and pray for fully crafted pieces from raids or do I move on to putting next toons that I will later use up to G10? FYI been g10 since lvl 80 on 83 and soon to be 85 and will still be there lol

Replies

• Personally I would say start boosting other characters. I've found that even though I am farming for gear for my Jedi team, I still farm for gear for other teams that I like to use in other modes like raids and GW.
  • Fleet node energy is actually not "affordable" - it's some of the most expensive energy in the game, and should be used for characters and ships that are only available through fleet energy.

Get into a guild that is doing raids, and you can use the guild currency from raids to buy gear in the guild store. You can also use some crystals to buy gear from shipments. In the future, the shard shop can be another source of gear, but right now you are better spent trying to earn shards for other characters rather than obtaining a small amount of shard shop currency.

• What are the gear pieces you are missing, exactly? Taking toons to gXI should not be a problem, it gets harder taking them to GXII
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m in a guild doing raids that’s the problem about to upgrade to better one so I can get at least guild currency from sith raids going on 2 weeks with none couldn’t leave with TB starting. But one toon example is on Vader need 2 bio tech implants (needed by 5 other toons as well smh) mk 7 shield generator, mk 5 thermal detonator. Kilo was easy to get G11 has been sitting there for weeks . His G12 is just as difficult as my G10 to g11 upgrades now he has joined the club lol
  • In my opinion you should split your farming between "primaries" and "secondaries".

That is unless there is something near on the horizon you are working towards then go all out on that.
  • Find a better guild. The g11 pieces will come slow but steady.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Depending on the piece you need buying from shipments is also a fantastic option. Those Mk 8 Biotech Components you need? You can buy them in a set of 25 for only 375 crystals! Which you would otherwise spend much, much more on them using energy refreshes. Same with the other gold challenge gear, Mk 10 Blastech Components, and Mk 5 Thermal Salvage, among other things. Made my life a million times easier, I was able to brute force CLS, OB, and just today Biggs up to G12 when a few weeks ago they were in the 9 to 10 range. Of course, not all gear has such cheap salvage/components available but it definitely takes the edge off when you can get half a prototype for like 2-3 days of crystal payouts.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dont try and get characters to gear 12 unless they are going to be for your arena team or a strong raid team etc.

You have to prioritize. Bare in mind some characters are alot easier to gear than others. Its worth going on swgoh website to look.
    yes I don’t put gear on toons if they only served purpose to get another one ex. Farm boy luke he will be forever g7. Only toons I’m gearing now I use in fleet or arena primarily and need both some serve use in both. And great advice on crystals after I’m done farming toons in cantina can get the needed crystals for those equipment piece at the moment don’t have 300 to spare wasted many during yoda even on last minute farms will be back at 2k if I can hold off spending my usual amount usually break even at end of day. But if I take from my 300 cantina supply can buy some pieces and a few days when I switch guilds will finally get guild currency so I can stop seeing zero for multiple days.