Hounds Tooth with Storm Trooper?

Pan2218
496 posts Member
edited November 2018
Ummm........I just want to ask why you would do something like that to us? Did you guys drink too much Caffeine that day or something?

Replies

• While I agree it makes no sense, it does offer some players a double farm and others shard shop currency. Ultimately it was better than removing him entirely. I'll call it a win
  • While I agree it makes no sense, it does offer some players a double farm and others shard shop currency. Ultimately it was better than removing him entirely. I'll call it a win

But it is only helpful for new players, it more of a slap in the face. Like everybody can just take on a new farm...let alone a Marquee Ship that is just now available, but comes with a toon that is over 2 years old....wth?
  • Why ? Because $$$$... That's all.
  • You know CG loves to help players get shard shop currency.

They could've just put it with Bossk ala KRU, or Scavenger Rey
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    While I agree it makes no sense, it does offer some players a double farm and others shard shop currency. Ultimately it was better than removing him entirely. I'll call it a win

But it is only helpful for new players, it more of a slap in the face. Like everybody can just take on a new farm...let alone a Marquee Ship that is just now available, but comes with a toon that is over 2 years old....wth?

It would make more sense to put it on Bossk’s node, but the same thing can be said for those that have Bossk at 7* already. Either way, it would be a double farm or a single farm + shard shop currency.
    While I agree it makes no sense, it does offer some players a double farm and others shard shop currency. Ultimately it was better than removing him entirely. I'll call it a win

Who has been available for a while, and in a lot of cases would probably have the same end result as where they ended up putting it. Bossk shards and Stormtrooper shards are worth the same in the shard store.

The idea was probably to slow the acquisition of Houndstooth - the same way they hid Nest in fleet 5.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I'm hoping they replace stormtrooper with Jango, then it will make a little more sense.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Pan2218 wrote: »

Would you rather, that they removed stormtrooper from the node? As HT would probably never have gone to nodes with Embo, Bossk, KOTOR or any other new characters, the chosen location is fine. It could have been worse, f.ex. if located together with one of the old priority farms (I consider stormtrooper to be secondary).

PS. My alt has 7* shoretrooper, but never farmed Stormtrooper. I'm fine with being able to farm them both.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Would you rather, that they removed stormtrooper from the node? As HT would probably never have gone to nodes with Embo, Bossk, KOTOR or any other new characters, the chosen location is fine. It could have been worse, f.ex. if located together with one of the old priority farms (I consider stormtrooper to be secondary).

PS. My alt has 7* shoretrooper, but never farmed Stormtrooper. I'm fine with being able to farm them both.
    It wouldn't bother me if ST wasn't there. He is one of the first toons I got & one of the worst. I only have him for events anyway
  • I'm hoping they replace stormtrooper with Jango, then it will make a little more sense.

That would be good! ST is just such a put off for me.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Who has been available for a while, and in a lot of cases would probably have the same end result as where they ended up putting it. Bossk shards and Stormtrooper shards are worth the same in the shard store.

The idea was probably to slow the acquisition of Houndstooth - the same way they hid Nest in fleet 5.

Bossk certainly hasn't been available for as long as Storm Trooper. Hahaha...find me the number showing how many people have Storm Trooper (a toon that I know to been around for almost 2 years) or a toon that has been F2p for like 2 months.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Waqui wrote: »

It wouldn't bother me if ST wasn't there. He is one of the first toons I got & one of the worst. I only have him for events anyway

Removing ST would deprive you of shard shop currency, and deprive others of needed ST shards. I don't see anybody winning anything if he was removed — only losses.

Removing ST would deprive you of shard shop currency, and deprive others of needed ST shards. I don't see anybody winning anything if he was removed — only losses.

👍
  • I feel the same about starting a farm that comes with a toon that I farmed a year & half ago. I don't care about the shards man...I collect every day for any piece of gear that I want. I am not farming for the shard shop & cramming another item in the drop for the node will not help anybody's farm as it decreases the chance of getting what you are after. If they put it with Bossk as I feel it should be, at least you have a chance at something useful. Have fun farming for shards, but here is at least one person that they lose out on. I wouldn't even buy a crystal bag to help farm for the shard store.
    I am not farming for the shard shop & cramming another item in the drop for the node will not help anybody's farm as it decreases the chance of getting what you are after.

I do not think drop rates work the way you think they work.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I am not farming for the shard shop & cramming another item in the drop for the node will not help anybody's farm as it decreases the chance of getting what you are after.

How exactly does having Stormtrooper and HT share a node decrease the drop rate of either?

(If you farm the node for a few weeks and record the drop rates, I'm sure you will see that the drop rate of HT shards is on par with any other shard drop rate and that the stormtrooper shards are pure bonus with no negative influence what so ever.)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Anyone who is complaining about this has never done a hard node fleet farm, which is where I expected HT to go.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who is complaining about this has never done a hard node fleet farm, which is where I expected HT to go.

I can ask for what ever I want or question what ever decision. I'm sick of a certain percentage of this community who believe that they are the person to put anybody in place that asks for anything. & not I'm not interested in farming another hard node ship crammed into somebody elses node. Clearly I HAVE had to farm a hard ode or else I wouldn't be asking ****?! So get off your high horse. I dont care about any of your opinions

How exactly does having Stormtrooper and HT share a node decrease the drop rate of either?

(If you farm the node for a few weeks and record the drop rates, I'm sure you will see that the drop rate of HT shards is on par with any other shard drop rate and that the stormtrooper shards are pure bonus with no negative influence what so ever.)

If you're happy, then why do you have try & move i to my space. Just move along with your happiness
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

They do...your more than welcome to work out the math for yourself
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I can ask for what ever I want or question what ever decision. I'm sick of a certain percentage of this community who believe that they are the person to put anybody in place that asks for anything. & not I'm not interested in farming another hard node ship crammed into somebody elses node. Clearly I HAVE had to farm a hard ode or else I wouldn't be asking ****?! So get off your high horse. I dont care about any of your opinions

Ok then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

If you're happy, then why do you have try & move i to my space. Just move along with your happiness

I was not happy with you promoting the false idea, that the drop rate of HT shards was affected by HT sharing a node with stormtrooper. I interpret this comment of yours as a sign, that you realized your mistake. I hope, that people, who read your first comment also read this, to not be affected by your false information.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

*sigh* The drop rate of HT shards is not affected in any way by stormtrooper shards also dropping from the same node like you claimed earlier in this discussion. The drop rates are not reduced for any of them. Anyone, who farmed Tie SIlencer, Tie Reaper, Millenium Falcon etc. probably knows this.

No thank you. I'm not the one claiming they work differently than a lot of posts and data sets show them to. I'm happy with the way I think they work (which is that the Stormtrooper drops in no way effect the Houndstooth drops).
  • First: Stormtrooper is actually really good in Imperial Trooper squads and other Empire squads so don't say he's terrible. He's fairly useful.

Second: This node also has really great purple gear too (cuffs I think). So at least you're getting shard shop currency, and great gear along with Hounds Tooth.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Since our discussion I tracked the drops from 27 sims. I had 9 Stormtrooper shards and 11 HT shards drop. Yes, it's a small sample size, but the results correspond fairly well with my perception of my drop rate so far from previous sims.