The Pay2Play TB Platoons

Prev1
dominiQC
396 posts Member
edited November 2018
You did it again! Thought you'd learn with Revan but apparently not. Is it just avarice or a lack of imagination? It's not even funny when a whole 130M GP guild can't even fill 1 of them up because each one of them requires at least 1 ship that is not farmable yet. Or maybe it's just your "TB squadron designer" that needs to find a new job somewhere else.

b1c8jzl64gnr.jpg

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    It’s WAI
    It’s not going to change
    They’ve been doing this for months

Deal with it

Just work on your ships and you should be good

If your entire guild unlocks these new P2P ships your deployment GP makes up for the lack of few CM wins / platoons
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    You did it again! Thought you'd learn with Revan but apparently not. Is it just avarice or a lack of imagination? It's not even funny when a whole 130M GP guild can't even fill 1 of them up because each one of them requires at least 1 ship that is not farmable yet. Or maybe it's just your "TB squadron designer" that needs to find a new job somewhere else.

b1c8jzl64gnr.jpg

We're 166m and couldn't fill one either
  • That sort of thing is here to stay I believe
  • Please just say what you would like the situation to be. From your complaint, I would assume you want the game to freeze in time so that no new toons or ships are added so that you can collect the highest rewards possible without having to progress. If that's what you want, sorry, that's not going to happen.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    It’s WAI
    It’s not going to change

Deal with it

If your entire guild unlocks these new P2P ships your deployment GP makes up for the lack of few CM wins / platoons

"Deal with it", you're the reason nothing ever changes in the world
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    If the whole game was centered on ftp only there would be no game so take the couple rotten apples when you have to and enjoy the game. It's a game to be enjoyed and it's free if u want it to be so enjoy and dont sweat the small stuff
  • Whats the big deal about revan in platoons.

There would be more revans in most guilds than say 7* range troopers
  • so you want FTP players to have every advantage that paying players do? Is that what you're saying?

b1c8jzl64gnr.jpg

Then report it to the Better Business Bureau and Commerce Dept and see what that nets. If you think there’s an issue, that’s your outlet.

Otherwise whale harder.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    It’s WAI
    It’s not going to change

Deal with it

For months? It's never been this worst we can't fill any. And you came up with this solution by yourself? Things must be moving fast around you...

"Just work on your ships"... Listen up guys we have a whale that is going to show us how to farm stuff! That means throw an awful lot of money to get those ships to 5* but wait, tomorrow's platoons will be 6* requirements and the next day 7*

Following your logic we might just shut up wait and see.
    When Sith Bomber dropped we weren’t able to do a single platoon but were still able to 3* ships in every phase

Its been going on for months, when IG-2000 dropped, when Xandu’s Blood dropped, when Hounds Tooth, Sith Assassin ship dropped. Not sure why you are surprised every time it happens.

You don’t need to be a whale to have a good fleet (4-5 ships). Mislabel me all you want but it’s not going to change anything
  • Been like this since the beginning
  • wow, you are really angry about this, resorting to personally attacking several people in this thread, I guess you're on tilt over this whole thing, that's a shame. But it does show that you have a lot of passion for the game and that's good, but not enough passion to spend any money on it, and that's how you wound up getting upset in the first place. Get it? It's on you, you made the choice to go FTP in a freemium game. Not anyone else, you OP, you made that choice. And for you to come on here to whine about something that you have personally made a choice about, and then personally attack others, to seemingly make yourself feel superior in that regard, is rather childish.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    Please just say what you would like the situation to be. From your complaint, I would assume you want the game to freeze in time so that no new toons or ships are added so that you can collect the highest rewards possible without having to progress. If that's what you want, sorry, that's not going to happen.
    OK, let's do it. I want 2 platoons per territory only filled with toons/ships that have been farmable for at least 4 months. Two platoons per territory should only be filled with toons that were realistically farmable at the moment the TB happens. That would still be a moving goal of course. They can do whatever they want with the other platoons but phase 5 & 6 are becoming really tedious, even with g12 toons, without any of the bonus support so let's make sure medium guilds can at least get minimal help.

Oh. And while I'm at it, unrelated to the quote above, please, enough with the "bu-bu-but... T'was always like this!". That's the point of these kind of threads. We want things to change for the best for everyone.

• you said I was not smart enough to recognize something and another poster had limited insight on TB and their comments to be worthless, if you don't think that is a personal attack, then you have extremely poor social skills, just rectifying facts (your words, does not make sense as you are claiming to correct facts, but those facts are actually your own opinions as you have no idea how versed Ultra is in TB, or how smart or not smart I am). The only fact in this discussion that matters, is you believe that FTP players should have the same advantages as paying players do. From your statements, I'm guessing you say it it unfair to FTP that they can't fill out platoons in TB because of new toons. So taking that off of the list, what advantage would you concede to paying players? you do agree that a player who pays money into the game should have some advantages over players who choose to play for free? So what should those advantages be limited to?
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    good luck with you hope in change.
  • We're like 135 mil GP iirc and couldn't fill them either. It's normal. And it's not going to change. Accept it, deal with it, and keep moving forward is my best advice for ya. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    We're like 135 mil GP iirc and couldn't fill them either. It's normal. And it's not going to change. Accept it, deal with it, and keep moving forward is my best advice for ya. ;)

Or try to change things a little, make a difference, just like we did with the revan platoons from last TB.

True. But that was indeed ridiculous to say the least. The exact next TB after the people spent money to get him he was put in platoons. And iirc they said that was a mistake and wasn't intended. But mark my words... every toon and ship will eventually hit the platoons... even Revan.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
    Been like this since the beginning

You guys were that bad at TB?

What? No I'm just saying the platoon P2P structure has been like that since the beginning
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ScottyLee wrote: »
    So taking that off of the list, what advantage would you concede to paying players? you do agree that a player who pays money into the game should have some advantages over players who choose to play for free? So what should those advantages be limited to?
    If you talk about my comment, I only ask two easier to fill platoons. When 160M+ guilds can't fill any platoon at all then there's a major design issue somewhere. There are a lot of paying customers that just can't follow up with the release cadence. There are a lot of non whale paying customers in those 160M guilds and they just don't have any benefit over F2P either. Why?

Anyway, with two easier to fill territories, whale guilds would also benefit from this. First, that would mean 4 hard to fill territories instead of 6. And, of course, they would still benefit from having their platoons maxed out over guilds that can only fill 2 per territory. What's not to like?
This discussion has been closed.