The Pay2Play TB Platoons

2Next

Replies

• If paying players don't have advantages over FTP players, why would they pay for anything? You guys are arguing that FTP players should have the same experience as paying players? that's just plain ignorant. The game is able to have new content because of paying players, without them, you wouldn't even have a game to play. You expect them to subsidize your entertainment without getting anything in return? And of course, Gloguhl, the idea is, the more you spend, then more advantage you should have.
  • It is what it is. We haven't been able to fill a squadron for the last few TB but who cares? We still 3* each ship territory and all members with strong teams still do max waves. Just have your teams strong enough, especially in DS TB most people have 3 strong squads that can do max waves without platoon bonuses.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    dominiQC wrote: »

And yes you can still 3 star ship zones without doing the platoons but hey not my fault you didn't realized the ship platoons completition doesn't give any advantages to ship zones. They help on character zones.

You can 3* character zones without completing platoons and squadron

• you are saying that an FTP guild should have the same playing experience as a whale guild. I'm saying that you are asking paying players to subsidize your playing experience while you offer nothing of monetary value that enables the game to exist. I'm pretty sure i have a handle on the fact that you expect to have content that costs real money for free and don't like the fact that you can't.
  • Have you ever considered the fact that EA purposefully does this to give paying players an advantage?
  • thanks, bud, but there are things in freemium games that are implemented specifically to give paying players an advantage, you are aware of that, yes?
  • not being salty, trying to get you to understand the situation you are in. I'll assume from your lack of direct response that you are in agreement that freemium games have certain modes and features that are set up with intent to give those that pay an advantage over free to play players. That being said, TB platoons is one of those things. Hope you understand now.
  • ScottyLee wrote: »
    not being salty, trying to get you to understand the situation you are in. I'll assume from your lack of direct response that you are in agreement that freemium games have certain modes and features that are set up with intent to give those that pay an advantage over free to play players. That being said, TB platoons is one of those things. Hope you understand now.

I'll never understand why people spend the money they do on phone apps no one else except yourself gives a **** about...
  • people spend money on all types of things that others don't understand why, for example cigarettes, alcohol, expensive vacations. None of these are necessities to life, but people have the funds available and choose to spend where the want. Don't be so judgmental about it, I'm sure there are things you spend money on that have no intrinsic value that could be pointed to @Darthsm
    thanks, bud, but there are things in freemium games that are implemented specifically to give paying players an advantage, you are aware of that, yes?

That advantage is the use of a character that almost nobody else has for a short while before everyone has it. It should not mean that people who don't shell out $300 every time there is a marquee are locked out of aspects of the game.

It's all about finding balance, give some advantage to the whales while still providing benefits to the dolphins and tadpoles.

The microtransaction genre comes in two extremes. On one you get a few free things to get hooked into the game and then everything after you have to pay for. On the other extreme are games where you can only pay for cosmetic thing but nothing that gives you an advantage. Neither extreme is very successful. The first nobody can afford and the latter everyone plays but the developers don't make enough money to produce new content so eventually everyone gets bored and quits.

This game tries to split the difference giving advantage to people who pay while also giving free stuff stuff to keep all the rest engaged until they have a little spare cash and they have been quite successful at it.

I don't think it's too much to ask that they code TB better so the biggest bonuses go to those who bought the latest items while still giving the rest some access to the lesser bonuses.
    so you want FTP players to have every advantage that paying players do? Is that what you're saying?

I’ll say this, I’m not f2p by any means, neither are a lot of players in our guild. We have 182mil gp and we couldn’t fill even 1 platoon in ships. Maybe just don’t ask for p2p ships in all 6 sections of platoon? This is ridiculous
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    BTW filling the platoons is not about being a paying customer or not. We only got a few ppl in our guild have never spent anything, however having 7* Xanadu Blood or whatever at this point is just the wrong price-performance-ratio for most people.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    This thread got out of hand really fast!

This in mind, I've locked it. Folks, let's try to be civil and respectful. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.