Nervous about thrawn event

2smooth
572 posts Member
edited November 2018
I refuse to go another 3 months without thrawn where I will be at a point where I’m reaching epic amounts of galactic power around 2.5 mil and still lack the synergy that thrawn provides to my empire team. With 30 days to go will I make it to 7* without hours of RNG waiting to win or am I doomed to suffer the embarrassment of a lone 6* thrawn that gets picked on in arena. Not ready yet but my plans to get there include throwing whatever omegas I can afford onto my pheonix team after I use 2 on my fleet captain (last 2 needed) but then I need 8 omegas to max out both basic and unique on all toons an epic 10 omegas in 30 days seems not possible and hope not needed. I also plan to lvl all toons up to 85 in next credits heist ( should reach lvl 85 by that time smh) and utilize and credit heist after for mods. I have currently a collection of arena speed mods to cover 2-3 toons. Tenacity mods not upgrade most and have potency mods on farm. Have a potency cross with speed that I can slice up while I farm mod slicing during this event. My next plan of mod farming including maybe health mods with protection stats working for tenacity stats and speed on them too if I get good ones. Am I on the path to success or failure honesty is appreciated bash me for being a horrible player even if rules r violated just need truth the not knowing is killing me lol. Link to account https://swgoh.gg/p/285824638/ also only requesting MK6 hypo syringes each day need 200 at the moment for 100 for fleet 100 for chopper + eraz to g8

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You're gonna go from 600k GP to 2.5 million GP in 3 months? Ok...

But I'll bite:

-Speeds are atrocious. Chopper should be 200+, Ezra and Hera around 170-180, Zeb pushing 150, Kanan doesn't matter. He's a lead balloon. But ideally get him up to say 120-130. Anything more than that is gold.
    -Gear needs to be minimum G8 with G9 Ezra unless you want to try it for a solid week for RNG or have absolutely ludicrous mods you can put on.
    -Go with the recommended mod sets in-game, focus on secondary speed and protection. The only character I would mod against the recommends is Zeb. The game says CD, I say go 4 potency, 2 health. Potency on cross. You want him up near 70% so he's stunning key characters that are dazed, staggered or exposed.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    At 700k but not here to talk about meaning less GP just thrawn. I can take him to 80% potency with cross would speed health work have speed set up to take to 80%. And I never look a suggestion cause they tend to be off for arena but all look good except Ezra and zeb but would speed tenacity work on eraz as alternative don’t want him stunned I’ll make him my fastest.
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    At 700k but not here to talk about meaning less GP just thrawn. I can take him to 80% potency with cross would speed health work have speed set up to take to 80%. And I never look a suggestion cause they tend to be off for arena but all look good but would speed tenacity work on eraz as alternative don’t want him stunned I’ll make him my fastest.

The mod req depends on the gear you have. A good rule of thumb is g7, arena mods, and amazing rng; g8, arena mods and decent rng; or g9 or higher, decent mods, and decent rng.

So my advice, farm the best mods you can. You should be doing this anyway. Speed secondaies are the most important. Other stats are ok but if they are fast, you'll do fine. Gear the all to g8 and Ezra as high as you can get. Ezra has late game viability so gearing him isn't a waste.

Then when the event comes, try it and if yoy can't beat it with the mods you have on them, switch to your best mods. If you do that, you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You're gonna go from 600k GP to 2.5 million GP in 3 months? Ok...

But I'll bite:

-Speeds are atrocious. Chopper should be 200+, Ezra and Hera around 170-180, Zeb pushing 150, Kanan doesn't matter. He's a lead balloon. But ideally get him up to say 120-130. Anything more than that is gold.
    -Gear needs to be minimum G8 with G9 Ezra unless you want to try it for a solid week for RNG or have absolutely ludicrous mods you can put on.
    -Go with the recommended mod sets in-game, focus on secondary speed and protection. The only character I would mod against the recommends is Zeb. The game says CD, I say go 4 potency, 2 health. Potency on cross. You want him up near 70% so he's stunning key characters that are dazed, staggered or exposed.

What if Ezra is G10+ and others are G9 and speed is higher then you recommend ? Is that good enough to get 7* Thrawn ?? Or Palpatine ?
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I know he isn’t a waste but I don’t sacrifice where I’m at for late game. Have to gear up Zion and nihilus first and soon to be thrawn they r my right now gear focuses can late game transition to eraz when time comes. But sacrifice now for later will have u lossin out on rewards for squad fleet that doesn’t help u now or late game. Have 2 toons 100+speed boost 1 70 1 50 1 65 can boost last 3 arena with more speed mods so I can adjust locations have mods with speed on different sets that can’t be put on but with a few more decent speed ones can apply. Ok good won’t wast credits putting decent ones on just try it with what ever ones I have now spare and go for it.
  • Options
    I know he isn’t a waste but I don’t sacrifice where I’m at for late game. Have to gear up Zion and nihilus first and soon to be thrawn they r my right now gear focuses can late game transition to eraz when time comes. But sacrifice now for later will have u lossin out on rewards for squad fleet that doesn’t help u now or late game. Have 2 toons 100+speed boost 1 70 1 50 1 65 can boost last 3 arena with more speed mods so I can adjust locations have mods with speed on different sets that can’t be put on but with a few more decent speed ones can apply. Ok good won’t wast credits putting decent ones on just try it with what ever ones I have now spare and go for it.

You can also save the gear needed for ezra just in case for harder pieces. I know that still means you can't put it on sion or nihilas but there's no way around that. And it's only temporary. Once you unlock thrawn, you can put the extra gear where ever else you need it.

And for pieces that aren't horrible to farm, you'll have a week from when the event starts to when it ends to panic farm gear if you don't want to save it.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Mods are key. Like Vendi1983 stated, Zeb needs potency. Ezra and Hera need speed. Also, they should be the highest gear levels.
    You don't need to Zeta anyone, but everyone should be level 85 and full Omegas.
  • Options
    Best bet for Ezra is either CD/CC or Offense/CC. He'll be the heavy hitter that does the most damage. +CD triangle whichever modset you choose.

@Killerincho, yeah if you're G10/G9 with better speed then you'll be fine, obviously. I onlyrecommended pretty much exactly what I used and I cleared 7*on the first try, and again on the Mythic Tier 1, first try. So it obviously works.

Basics:

Hera, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper - +speed arrows
    Kanan - protection arrow with ideally +13-15 secondary speed.
    Hera, Ezra - +CD triangles
    Zeb, Kanan, Chopper - +protection triangles
    All 5 - +protection circles
    Ezra - +offense cross
    Hera, Zeb - +potency cross
    Kanan & Chopper - +protection cross or + tenacity cross.

Ideally you want 3 "+protection" mods on Kanan and Chopper as they're your taunting damage sponges for the most part. Can also use +tenacity crosses, or a pair of tenacity mods with +protection cross.
  • Options
    Sion, Nihilus don't have ships. Ezra is part of Ghost. Thrawn is Thrawn. Not sure how working on Ezra costs you in fleet. Or squad for that matter, since he's part of just about every Bastzilla/Revan team....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Sion, Nihilus don't have ships. Ezra is part of Ghost. Thrawn is Thrawn. Not sure how working on Ezra costs you in fleet. Or squad for that matter, since he's part of just about every Bastzilla/Revan team....
    yes u have a good point but I don’t even use my ghost besides ackbar challenges late game I will but can’t go jedi route they r not F2P friendly as all toons r on hard nodes besides Ezra and GK( who I don’t even have yet) I like darkside better as well. I have 2 hard node farms would have 2 and have to wait for gk and weight for they 1.5 credits cost to upgrade yoda to 7*. F2P jedis don’t have advantage against darkside they need revan. And the only jedis in my top 50 r p2p revan or 7* bastila (indications of whale status) guys in my guild been playing for years haven’t farmed to 7* they just hit 85 within a few weeks and have it great drops ? I think not lol

• Options
    yes u have a good point but I don’t even use my ghost besides ackbar challenges late game I will but can’t go jedi route they r not F2P friendly as all toons r on hard nodes besides Ezra and GK( who I don’t even have yet) I like darkside better as well. I have 2 hard node farms would have 2 and have to wait for gk and weight for they 1.5 credits cost to upgrade yoda to 7*. F2P jedis don’t have advantage against darkside they need revan. And the only jedis in my top 50 r p2p revan or 7* bastila (indications of whale status) guys in my guild been playing for years haven’t farmed to 7* they just hit 85 within a few weeks and have it great drops ? I think not lol

Neither jedi or sith are super ftp friendly. But they are about the same. For sith, nihilas and sion are hard node farms. For jedi bastilla is hard node. Gk is slow to get if you're new but so is traya. Gmy and ep are both legendaries. Revan is ftp obtainable by the time he comes back bit by that time you may be able to have traya.

So depends on your preference. Both take some time if you are starting from scratch.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yeah u forgot Vader is free as well which tops cake towards darkside. If when talk ep vs revan free wake all revan a toons r on hard node none for ep y he will be 7* in 2 weeks revan will be zero for much longer. And jolee will need to be farmed which is yet another months worth of hard nodes dark is way more free friendly hands down. I’ll have tryad well before a revan team that I would work on and I’d be much father down in arena during my weight time meaning less crystals less shards for CLS toons less everything light side isn’t fastest way to reach ur goals y I c F2P darkside in arena but missing the jedis maybe I should drop to 500s will find them with NS and Phoenix teams lol. By the time they creep up I’ll have 3 mil galactic power and only concer will be farming toons for TB because I have everything else nothing else to do won’t even care about squad rewards by then everybody will be maxed in store anyways.
  • Options
    Yeah u forgot Vader is free as well which tops cake towards darkside. If when talk ep vs revan free wake all revan a toons r on hard node none for ep y he will be 7* in 2 weeks revan will be zero for much longer. And jolee will need to be farmed which is yet another months worth of hard nodes dark is way more free friendly hands down. I’ll have tryad well before a revan team that I would work on and I’d be much father down in arena during my weight time meaning less crystals less shards for CLS toons less everything light side isn’t fastest way to reach ur goals y I c F2P darkside in arena but missing the jedis maybe I should drop to 500s will find them with NS and Phoenix teams lol. By the time they creep up I’ll have 3 mil galactic power and only concer will be farming toons for TB because I have everything else nothing else to do won’t even care about squad rewards by then everybody will be maxed in store anyways.

You can't compare the ep team without traya to revan though. The meta ds team is traya and the meta jedi team is revan. Ep with vader is good (I still run it and maintain top 20 or so) but it isn't on the same level as revan. The comparison to that is bastilla lead. Also good but not meta. And bastilla lead is around the same farming difficulty as ep lead with vader.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ep is still meta top3 lead at 6%. Bastila isn’t even listed which is a shame NS r at 1% probably hit top on lvl 60 shards lol. I can take them out 18k power gap on unsynergized ep team that has no zetas and no thrawn either lol. Trust me I know about jedis because they were my first squad team I switch for a reason because they could not compete F2P I would drop outside 500 and be fighting Phoenix to hit outside 200 smh. The reason the don’t work is because u invest in toons / equipment that has no use late game meta it puts u behind. U need GK revan jolee yoda and bastila for meta bastila is the only one u can work on early. Where ep and thrawn u work on and Vader works with mid game meta not late though. I only make changes to further progress me I don’t say I like jedis so will run regardless of setback I run best choice F2P which is darkside and y so many u c in F2P players arena.
  • Options
    I use 6* thrawn in arena without a problem. Makes NS teams easy because you can fracture the zombie. The main reason to go 7* I think is to participate in heroic raids and upper phases of imperial retaliation or empire assault battle. I'm hoping for the event to come back soon because I was probably 1 Omega from getting 7* last time.
  • Options
    Yeah the thing is with the timing of event and when I started I wasn’t able to unlock the 5* so 3 months later I need that 7* can’t wait another 3 months for 1*. And nice tip on zombie fracture I was thinking fracture MT to eliminate curse might try both options out when I unlock. I put a lot of omegas on to try to push to 13k power with g8 without using rare equipment. I’ll waste another to get last unique and that’s it. Will have most close to 13k after I farm a few easier g8 pieces put a few potency mods on zeb so he can stun better and that’s it can’t wait to be done with Phoenix smh
  • Options
    Yeah the thing is with the timing of event and when I started I wasn’t able to unlock the 5* so 3 months later I need that 7* can’t wait another 3 months for 1*. And nice tip on zombie fracture I was thinking fracture MT to eliminate curse might try both options out when I unlock. I put a lot of omegas on to try to push to 13k power with g8 without using rare equipment. I’ll waste another to get last unique and that’s it. Will have most close to 13k after I farm a few easier g8 pieces put a few potency mods on zeb so he can stun better and that’s it can’t wait to be done with Phoenix smh

I usually fracture mt not zombie. But I run sion, nihilas, and ep on the team too. Between the dispels that sion and nihilas bring and the ability to put shock on zombie, fracture is just overkill. And keeping mt from going while you tediously kill daka 3 times is helpful.
  • Options

I usually fracture mt not zombie. But I run sion, nihilas, and ep on the team too. Between the dispels that sion and nihilas bring and the ability to put shock on zombie, fracture is just overkill. And keeping mt from going while you tediously kill daka 3 times is helpful.
    Yeah by event time i should have Zion nihilas both 5* hopefully 1 G10 and close to 6* I usually execute with boba was hoping nihilas could replace that with no revive defeat but I guess he doesn’t do that for u so he must be pointless besides lowering cooldown and increasing them will c.
  • Options

Yeah by event time i should have Zion nihilas both 5* hopefully 1 G10 and close to 6* I usually execute with boba was hoping nihilas could replace that with no revive defeat but I guess he doesn’t do that for u so he must be pointless besides lowering cooldown and increasing them will c.

If you have the omega on annihilate it prevents revives. It doesn't annihilate zombie but if you annihilate daka or mt it keeps them from coming back. Same for anyone on a revan team. So definitely useful. Just don't annihilate zombie.
  • Options
    Yeah I never do that just have to get him stronger enough to get to it and no omegas on it yet will continue after I’m done with EP zeta
  • Options

If you have the omega on annihilate it prevents revives. It doesn't annihilate zombie but if you annihilate daka or mt it keeps them from coming back. Same for anyone on a revan team. So definitely useful. Just don't annihilate zombie.

Same with DT deathmark