Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dramgon wrote: »

Kiss Kyber goodbye....

prob less than 1 and 8 people will ever make kyber. it's a pipe dream...

I would fathom more people who post here care and try and spend or strategize.. so you will have a bunch of posters talking about their kyber status and what not...

but vast majority of game will never ever see kyber... it's not something to be mad about..it's just a carrot they dangle.... and a reward for their wullet wurrirers to pop them 2-3x more GAC coin then the rest of the game...

gotta make that gap bigger

but yeah kyber... that's a joke for the majority of the game... DEV's literally told everyone... making kyber will be extremely rare
  • Not making Kyber, fine.

Pipe dream, ok

Wanting to make it there once and on the first attempt was the goal.

Loosing to someone that I should have never faced, a disappointment.
  • I just played someone with the same GP as me but they had G13 Malak; they one shotted all my teams and I had no way of beating Malak, so I lost 1,322 to 1,899 - this isn't a loss, it's a humiliation.
    The biggest problem is that this is not a one off (which I could tolerate) but because I don't have G13 Malak this is happening every match.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Its a joke this GAC . Top players from division 1 have 60 g12 chars and from division 2, 30 g12 chars .😀😀😀 . If you are lucky enought to not play the game and focus to build chars until now you will win for sure . From what i can see until now you need to have less than 70÷80 g12 chars to be in top in division 1 and less than 40÷60 g12 chars to be in top in division 2 . Great job EA again
  • Its a joke this GAC . Top players from division 1 have 60 g12 chars and from division 2, 30 g12 chars .😀😀😀 . If you are lucky enought to not play the game and focus to build chars until now you will win for sure . From what i can see until now you need to have less than 70÷80 g12 chars to be in top in division 1 and less than 40÷60 g12 chars to be in top in division 2 . Great job EA again

what is GAC
  • So looking at rewards for this exhibition. If you pay “4K a month” not Carrie’s words, but someone else’s you are tip of the spear. You get to win Arena, Fleet and now in GAC, you get even more rewards. This is a screen cap of the Kyber and Aura awards coming in a few days. If you are ranked 200 you’re treated like dirt. If you made Aura and are 500+ you’re treated like dirt.

“ – and we have plans to eventually further reward the very highest players in Kyber in each Division.”

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png
  • Wimma wrote: »
    @TRanger - feels odd really. I'd love to level some of the up to try out, but at the same time with the limited slots in GA I probably don't have any use for them until they're G10+ anyway. I'm currently just collecting shards for characters until I want to promote them.
    I currently have 11 toons that I could 7* (most over 330 already, a few within 5 shards waiting). And Savage is 7* gear 1 level 1 lol. I'm GP2.4M btw.
    Most toons I prepare but now I don't promote to 6* or 7* yet, as my roster is pretty spread already (was fun to try new characters before GA). Eeth Koth 295/30, Bodhi 305/25, the mighty CUP 314/15 etc
    Adding another 100k of weak toons to my roster will just punish me too hard in GA, so I don't.
    If they double the GA team slots, then I'll start getting them all to G7+ and L85 and have some fun! I won't hold my breath though :)

Edit: wrt ships, I still haven't 7*d a couple flagships, as you only use 2 in GA. Likewise only worth having 14 ships to use with them, the rest just inflate the GP again.

And this is why ga is garbage, he gets an advantage by not leveling and powering up his toons. Kinda sounds like it should be against the spirit of the game, zombie looking at you.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    So looking at rewards for this exhibition. If you pay “4K a month” not Carrie’s words, but someone else’s you are tip of the spear. You get to win Arena, Fleet and now in GAC, you get even more rewards. This is a screen cap of the Kyber and Aura awards coming in a few days. If you are ranked 200 you’re treated like dirt. If you made Aura and are 500+ you’re treated like dirt.

“ – and we have plans to eventually further reward the very highest players in Kyber in each Division.”

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

I dont care that the gods get better rewards they paid for em.....

What i care about is the bottom 4 every time get literally garbage for a month... they get zetas almost full 6* mods everyone else GARBAGE....

Give em 100 zetas give em full toons whatever but dear god give the ppl on the bottom some stuff so they can at least PRETEND like its worth a months time

Giving trash promotes who gives a crap attitude.... whic translates to how can i screw this guy out of kyber while still losing by 800 points
  • GAC and GA are pretty much the same, you win some and you lose some. I am usually in the middle of the pack as far as squad strength which I'm ok with as a mostly f2p player. I spend around $50 a year on crystals and the occasional gear pack if it is a good deal. THE BIG PROBLEM with GAC is that it is WAY TOO LONG! 5 weeks for crap prizes even at Kyber which I snuck into with my very last feat, still **** for the amount of effort required. Either the same prizes for a 3 week GAC or a LOT more loot for a 5 week would be ok. And to the people who cheated to get those junk prizes, you are losers in life.
    Anyway, just give us 2 more Geo TB instead. At least the prizes are way better even at lower star count.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    So looking at rewards for this exhibition. If you pay “4K a month” not Carrie’s words, but someone else’s you are tip of the spear. You get to win Arena, Fleet and now in GAC, you get even more rewards. This is a screen cap of the Kyber and Aura awards coming in a few days. If you are ranked 200 you’re treated like dirt. If you made Aura and are 500+ you’re treated like dirt.

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

What i care about is the bottom 4 every time get literally garbage for a month... they get zetas almost full 6* mods everyone else GARBAGE....

Give em 100 zetas give em full toons whatever but dear god give the ppl on the bottom some stuff so they can at least PRETEND like its worth a months time

Giving trash promotes who gives a crap attitude.... whic translates to how can i screw this guy out of kyber while still losing by 800 points

Being at the bottom takes zero effort besides pushing the button to kick the league in gear for some free rewards.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

Being at the bottom takes zero effort besides pushing the button to kick the league in gear for some free rewards.

Bull nicest way ill put it lots of ppl put tons of effort in to max points but still get annilated

Ya all the ones spewing sample size, statistics, blah blah

But when your in the minority winning 10 of 12 collecting full 6’s and zetas everything is peachy gid gud trash....

Great u guys try hard and are gods mods or fair

All is not well in the world cause your in the top percentile but when its GReAt 4 U statistics and facts and sample size go bye bye

EVEN VINI VEDI thinks bottom 4 rewards suck...

Give you gods more feel good brag rub it in who care just give the bottom 4 something they can actually use after a month
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

Bull nicest way ill put it lots of ppl put tons of effort in to max points but still get annilated

Ya all the ones spewing sample size, statistics, blah blah

But when your in the minority winning 10 of 12 collecting full 6’s and zetas everything is peachy gid gud trash....

Great u guys try hard and are gods mods or fair

All is not well in the world cause your in the top percentile but when its GReAt 4 U statistics and facts and sample size go bye bye

EVEN VINI VEDI thinks bottom 4 rewards suck...

Give you gods more feel good brag rub it in who care just give the bottom 4 something they can actually use after a month

Lol, try a better ai translator next time, you make zero sense.
    @TRanger - feels odd really. I'd love to level some of the up to try out, but at the same time with the limited slots in GA I probably don't have any use for them until they're G10+ anyway. I'm currently just collecting shards for characters until I want to promote them.
    I currently have 11 toons that I could 7* (most over 330 already, a few within 5 shards waiting). And Savage is 7* gear 1 level 1 lol. I'm GP2.4M btw.
    Most toons I prepare but now I don't promote to 6* or 7* yet, as my roster is pretty spread already (was fun to try new characters before GA). Eeth Koth 295/30, Bodhi 305/25, the mighty CUP 314/15 etc
    Adding another 100k of weak toons to my roster will just punish me too hard in GA, so I don't.
    If they double the GA team slots, then I'll start getting them all to G7+ and L85 and have some fun! I won't hold my breath though :)

Edit: wrt ships, I still haven't 7*d a couple flagships, as you only use 2 in GA. Likewise only worth having 14 ships to use with them, the rest just inflate the GP again.

And this is why ga is garbage, he gets an advantage by not leveling and powering up his toons. Kinda sounds like it should be against the spirit of the game, zombie looking at you.

This is our (broad rosters) disadvantage...we paid alot of money gear all these toons and promote them..mod them...and I'm talking fist fulls. Then you have this guy that has probably paid very little or only a fraction of what I paid and he is gaining all the advantages and premium rewards and then I spend some more too make toons more viable and they slide the scale forward to disadvantage you or keep you disadvantage. So the message CG is sending me...thanks for the money but tough ****.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Wimma wrote: »

This is our (broad rosters) disadvantage...we paid alot of money gear all these toons and promote them..mod them...and I'm talking fist fulls. Then you have this guy that has probably paid very little or only a fraction of what I paid and he is gaining all the advantages and premium rewards and then I spend some more too make toons more viable and they slide the scale forward to disadvantage you or keep you disadvantage. So the message CG is sending me...thanks for the money but tough ****.

This is simply wrong since they changed matchmaking.
    You probably leveled just bad chars and others didn't. Now you get wiped and can't do anything about it till you catch up with reasonable good teams

Sure that's got to be it..thanks sage! Seeing how you know my roster so much better then I what squads should I make? Which toons do I level next? We could go Rose tico, CUP, sand people! What do you suggest?
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member

But apparently this has changed now, and it only counts your top end (by some formula they won't publish), so all those L1/G1 toons can be levelled up. I still don't bother with most, as I don't have the resources to do it, but I have 7*d all I can now, so they can be used in platoons in TB at least as 7*. Some are now L85 and in the gear queue too.
    Be nice to know how many toons count per GA match, but I'd still prefer them adding in more team slots. I only need to fill 6 teams (2.8M), so 60 toons per match, maybe up to 70. I still have another 30 toons worth 10k+ that are just too low to use in GA.
    Make more lower geared toons relevant - have a flat map with more teams!
    If you want to see who's got the better list & strategy, set all toons on defence, and use them all again on offence. One glorious big battle of full list v full list!! #dreaming

But apparently this has changed now, and it only counts your top end (by some formula they won't publish), so all those L1/G1 toons can be levelled up. I still don't bother with most, as I don't have the resources to do it, but I have 7*d all I can now, so they can be used in platoons in TB at least as 7*. Some are now L85 and in the gear queue too.
    Be nice to know how many toons count per GA match, but I'd still prefer them adding in more team slots. I only need to fill 6 teams (2.8M), so 60 toons per match, maybe up to 70. I still have another 30 toons worth 10k+ that are just too low to use in GA.
    Make more lower geared toons relevant - have a flat map with more teams!
    If you want to see who's got the better list & strategy, set all toons on defence, and use them all again on offence. One glorious big battle of full list v full list!! #dreaming

This is actually a cool idea, why cant we use a unit on offense AND defense ...
  • Please make rewards: stun guns, biotech implants, and salt in bacta gel.

Think you need tons of stun guns to get padme? Think again! Check out this 79k team get 7* padme WITHOUT GG or geonosians!!!!

https://youtu.be/HDci8ljS8Y0

Cheers, may the force be with you!
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Please make rewards: stun guns, biotech implants, and salt in bacta gel.

Think you need tons of stun guns to get padme? Think again! Check out this 79k team get 7* padme WITHOUT GG or geonosians!!!!

https://youtu.be/HDci8ljS8Y0

Cheers, may the force be with you!

What does that have to do with GAC?????
    Instead of talking about CG reducing the rewards and renaming the GA into GA championship as an escape goat so people can't complain that it was a nerf
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

whatever...it can also take a ton of effort, bad matchups and luck..because you have never experienced getting crushed over and over and over does not mean that it never happens. Because it happens.

Whatever your experience with GA happens to be is your own and a small sample size...please stop dismissing people who put in effort, scan rosters, mods, zetas etc but still get obliterated....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

whatever...it can also take a ton of effort, bad matchups and luck..because you have never experienced getting crushed over and over and over does not mean that it never happens. Because it happens.

Whatever your experience with GA happens to be is your own and a small sample size...please stop dismissing people who put in effort, scan rosters, mods, zetas etc but still get obliterated....

Same goes for you. Whatever experience you have is your own.

But then you mistook what I meant, if one doesn't like gac and doesn't want to put in any effort, the way to go is to just sign up and reap free rewards for it -which is what takes almost no effort-.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

But then you mistook what I meant, if one doesn't like gac and doesn't want to put in any effort, the way to go is to just sign up and reap free rewards for it -which is what takes almost no effort-.

Do you think the people trying are in the minority or majority.

I don't care how much awesome stuff the top gets... give them a full zeta whatever.. let the rewards at th e bottom at least pretend that after a month "pretend" like it will help you progress to the level where maybe you go 2/3 once in a while

EDIT I mean you won't progress enough ever to "catch up" to the people getting top rewards...but at least it will "seem like" you have gotten something for your effort which goes a long way

EDIT 2 Also the experience of people getting demolished over and over is quite wide across social media platforms compared to the people boasting about being gods...

Here we have a "few" people posting about how great they are doing and destroying people
    Here we have a "lot" of people posting about getting destroyed all the time..
    Here we have the "five" who no one knows how they do in GAC but will defend every aspect of it to the end... which is like....shady
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

8spy7vntlur7.png
    q2sus0cyxcz1.png

Do you think the people trying are in the minority or majority.

I don't care how much awesome stuff the top gets... give them a full zeta whatever.. let the rewards at th e bottom at least pretend that after a month "pretend" like it will help you progress to the level where maybe you go 2/3 once in a while

Noone gets awesome stuff, for the amount of time and especially what it takes to be in the top the rewards are meager, mediocre. I would say not trying too much and ending up middling has better reward/effort ratio on trying to push for kyber.

I don't what's the % that's trying. I know many that simply signs up for free rewards and I also know many that merely tries if the outcome looks favorable for them. No idea who are competetively trying to make the best possible out of their rosters.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So the edit filter don't get me.

GAC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GA by miles.

Rewards for bottom 4 are shady at best.

GAC store concept just needs tweaking to where you pass this store every day for 2 months and cannot use it.
    Be it spreading out GAC from final rewards in bigger quantities, making some feats more accessible to the whole player base, make feats that everyone can do (math wise)

They have got to do something to make GAC store seem less ridiculous
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    If everyone was able to do the same feats, it would have zero contribution to final rankings since everyone would gain same amount of banners for it. Or would you rather have majority of the rewards pulled into feats where the actual point of the event is moot? Doesn't compute.

I would rather have them clean up all the feats that are not directly GAC related and adjust league needs accordingly. And yea rewards across the board leaves a lot to be desired when compared to things like tb, raids which takes a day or week to complete and are also in constant loop during one single GAC period.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If everyone was able to do the same feats, it would have zero contribution to final rankings since everyone would gain same amount of banners for it. Or would you rather have majority of the rewards pulled into feats where the actual point of the event is moot? Doesn't compute.

I would rather have them clean up all the feats that are not directly GAC related and adjust league needs accordingly. And yea rewards across the board leaves a lot to be desired when compared to things like tb, raids which takes a day or week to complete and are also in constant loop during one single GAC period.

having feats everyone can do does not mean they will do them...at least they are there.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

having feats everyone can do does not mean they will do them...at least they are there.

Since you depict yourself as one of -the trying- you would do all of them if they are easier just like me. Zero competetive advantage for -the trying-. So where is the benefit for -trying harder-?
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Hey,

I don't know if this was already mentioned (103 pages is too much:) but i do have a questions to devs:
    Why there is no options to place 7 teams on defense?
    My GP just got me from div3 to div2. All of the sudden, from 12 teams i needed so far i have to get 16 teams. This is not easy for a player that barely crossed 3,8M GP. Last time (the cancelled GAC) i was matched with people up to 4,5M GP. No single player below 4,0M. I know that matchmaking isn't GP dependent anymore. But hel.. those guys have much more teams that i have. I don't know what to use.. will have to fight with G9 phoenix i guess. Why there are 6 def teams to place in div3 and as much as 8 in div2? Why not 7 as before? Just to mention - those 7 teams were on from 4M GP. And now.. 8 teams from 3,8M. :'(
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    I forget what division I'm in (bit under 3M GP), but I only get to set 6 teams.
    I'd love to set 8, so I guess we have a different view.
    The fewer teams you set, the bigger difference 1 team makes. I face one G13 DR/Malak/Traya team and it's an auto loss for me (as per the last GAC that thankfully got cancelled - yeah!!), as half the map I can't clear. There is little incentive for me to bother trying to compete, so it either ends up frustrating for me, or a walkover for them.
    You start putting more teams in play, and maybe I can win enough other battles to have a chance, or at least feel competitive, so I'm more likely to try.
    And what's wrong with using more of your roster? Seems a huge waste to have another 30+ L85 toons I never get to use in GA. I enjoy 60k-70k team matches - can often rely more on team composition and strategy than just a G13 power comp.
    Perhaps I'm in the minority though?