Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I don't know if there's any better way to match ppl for this type of event, cuz there's so many choices and stuff..
    But even with same gp, g12s, mods.. Some ppl will still have distinct advantages over others.
    That's the conclusion I've come to with GA.
    😆
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    With the use of seasons, if someone intentionally does bad, will they be grouped with other players that lost alot next season? Im seeing people not attacking when they have the potential to win.
  • I am still in favor of more teams to use. Lets go deeper into our rosters and get a chance to use our g8 toons for something meaningful
  • Not sure how difficult it would be to implement or if it is even possible but I would love to see what my opponent ran against my teams. All in all I really like grand arena so far.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Player One has 30 G12, 10 zetas. Player Two has 30 G12, 10 zetas. Same GP.

Player One’s G12 characters include Traya, JTR, C3PO, Revan, etc. and their zetas.

Player Two’s G12 characters include CW Chewie, CUP, Mob Enforcer, Rose Tico, etc. and their zetas.

Player One should win because he invested his resources into better strategic choices. Not because he had 6 times as many G12 characters and double the zetas but just happened to have the same GP.

Player one “”should” win ???? Heh more like p1 has 101.000001% chance to win.

Player 2 will never win ever... against anyone.... i know cause i have zeta rose i never win... but shes hawt so was holdo so 2 zetas for 2 hawt chicks
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ha ha ha...so you are the one leaving your defense blank...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ha ha ha...so you are the one leaving your defense blank...

I have never not set D (i know not directed at me). Never been that much a dog “yet”. But I vehemently defend ppls right to without an autoset.

A guildie might get that person in future, my guild might get them in a TW. Person is already winning and getting best resources. Denying him credits is strategically sound. For any future possible conflicts

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I wrote something that I thought might violate the TOS so I deleted it. But thanks for noticing.
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Player One has 30 G12, 10 zetas. Player Two has 30 G12, 10 zetas. Same GP.

Player One’s G12 characters include Traya, JTR, C3PO, Revan, etc. and their zetas.

Player Two’s G12 characters include CW Chewie, CUP, Mob Enforcer, Rose Tico, etc. and their zetas.

Player One should win because he invested his resources into better strategic choices. Not because he had 6 times as many G12 characters and double the zetas but just happened to have the same GP.

Player one “”should” win ???? Heh more like p1 has 101.000001% chance to win.

Player 2 will never win ever... against anyone.... i know cause i have zeta rose i never win... but shes hawt so was holdo so 2 zetas for 2 hawt chicks

You zeta'd fictional characters because they were hot, in a game, and wondering why you won't win?
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

I have never not set D (i know not directed at me). Never been that much a dog “yet”. But I vehemently defend ppls right to without an autoset.

A guildie might get that person in future, my guild might get them in a TW. Person is already winning and getting best resources. Denying him credits is strategically sound. For any future possible conflicts

I was just jesting...I figured that blank comment was a delete of a comment.
    I guess it might be unwise to be a smart aleck in a hornet's nest.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

On a serious note though, I am not winning, I am a newly turned level 85 with low GP and mostly (except 1 day a month) FTP I could seriously use the resources...I spent an hour or two just strategizing before the battle started and I entered into the arena and realized...I had been blanked.
  • I guess in this arena you have to ask yourself do you want to fight with honor or win at all costs...are you going to go high or go low...remembering there are real live people will real feelings on the other end.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I was just jesting...

FWIW I laughed.
  • 😉
  • I wish they would change up the algorithm so that if you do not have Traya or Revan, you will not get set up against people who have both Traya and Revan.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    From some of the comments in other threads (and probably this one too) I think some people assumed auto-deploy was active, when it actually isn't.
  • True. I would love to see Zetas back as a reward.
  • TVF wrote: »
    From some of the comments in other threads (and probably this one too) I think some people assumed auto-deploy was active, when it actually isn't.

Yeah I think you're into something. I almost did that this go-round.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Yeah, that too. Wasn’t it active for at least one of the seasons?

I think it was active for one of the events but there were bugs so they deactivated it. Not positive on that though.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah, that too. Wasn’t it active for at least one of the seasons?

I think it was active for one of the events but there were bugs so they deactivated it. Not positive on that though.

It only worked for one phase of that first 3 round GA. They turned it off partway thru cuz of the bugs
  • Just another vote to fix the players that don’t play issue. I have mostly forfeits or defense-only, no attack opponents. I guess you can’t really force a person to attack, but then the points/awards system needs to reflect that.